XIM Community

Blue hole (PUBG) banning Xim?  (Read 1625 times)

Offline hyperliite

• View Profile
Blue hole (PUBG) banning Xim?
« on: 12:44 PM - 01/10/18 »

Anyone seen this done before?

https://ibb.co/cwh3z6

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Blue hole (PUBG) banning Xim?
« Reply #1 on: 01:01 PM - 01/10/18 »
There was another thread on this. XIM is designed such that the console is talking to a genuine controller. XIM provides input reports on the controller's behalf. Anything they could do to ban a XIM will also ban controller players too.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline hyperliite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:14 PM - 01/10/18 »
Beautiful. Bc I want apex too lol.

Offline PegasusActual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:58 PM - 01/10/18 »
Yeah, I could see a lot of false positives if devs try to detect XIM, especially PUBG devs who can't even add items to their menu without introducing bugs.

The one thing I could think of which seems like it could work would be some kind of dead zone detection. Just seeing no  values other that 0,0 inside of the game's dead zone and counting thousands/millions of valid inputs is something I don't imagine you'd see with a stock controller hooked up. But that kind of approach is begging for false positives, and probably easy to work around by adding an option to send random values within the dead zone when not moving your mouse.

That new USB polling rate thing might be a giveaway as well, assuming that's something devs can even check on modern consoles.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #4 on: 02:12 PM - 01/10/18 »
Bluehole can't even manage simple things like detecting speed hacks despite the fact anti-speed-hack tools are built into Unreal Engine.

They are not going to be the ones to figure out a detection method for XIM. This is lip service from their support and nothing more.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 02:15 PM - 01/10/18 »
The one thing I could think of which seems like it could work would be some kind of dead zone detection. Just seeing no  values other that 0,0 inside of the game's dead zone and counting thousands/millions of valid inputs is something I don't imagine you'd see with a stock controller hooked up. But that kind of approach is begging for false positives, and probably easy to work around by adding an option to send random values within the dead zone when not moving your mouse.

Good thinking! Agreed, that would be very risky since you cannot assume all the millions of controllers out there behave like you anticipate. They run the real risk that they will inadvertently disable a large set of controller gamers who have controllers that produce patterns they didn't expect.

By the way, this is something I've considered long ago which is why there is a feature in XIM that hasn't yet been enabled in the event a game developer tries a misguided detection method like this. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:02 PM - 01/10/18 »
That new USB polling rate thing might be a giveaway as well, assuming that's something devs can even check on modern consoles.

if that really turns out to be a thing then the xim apex luckily offers 500hz, 250hz and 125hz as well ;)
just go with the native polling rate of the console

though i dont see that happening
Blizzard tried to ban mouse and keyboard adapters from Overwatch but Sony told them they are fine with it, the Head-Dev of OW had to admit that in a video and asked the OW community to reach out to Sony to change their platform ToS if they want to see any change
until then they cannot do anything

i havent read the updated XBL ToS so far same should apply to this case
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Archibald

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:29 PM - 01/10/18 »
Public perception is more important than reality.  As long as the public at large believes they are successful, then the reality that it may be otherwise is irrelevant.  The opposite is also true.  If the public at large believe a thing, then that thing may as well be real even if isn't a thing.  Perception is king.

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:44 AM - 01/11/18 »
There is nothing they can do period. Just as it has already happened so far, if they canít beat them , they will join them. Itís one of the reasons the xim community is as big as it is now . At some point the big boys will step in and just create their own devices seeing xims success

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:06 PM - 01/11/18 »

if that really turns out to be a thing then the xim apex luckily offers 500hz, 250hz and 125hz as well ;)
just go with the native polling rate of the console

though i dont see that happening
Blizzard tried to ban mouse and keyboard adapters from Overwatch but Sony told them they are fine with it, the Head-Dev of OW had to admit that in a video and asked the OW community to reach out to Sony to change their platform ToS if they want to see any change
until then they cannot do anything

i havent read the updated XBL ToS so far same should apply to this case

Well ms recently licensed the Hori tac. So they'll be the same

Online RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:39 PM - 01/11/18 »
Another thing to consider is that there are alot of disabled gamers that depend on XIM products to even be able to play games on consoles.

What dev wants to be the first one responsible for banning a bunch of disabled gamers and the PR backlash that would ensue?

I know if I had a disability I would sue the crap out of them for doing such a thing.

If anything it's a PR ploy to try and appease a small percentage of whiners. And that's that.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940