XIM Community

How to tell what revision of controller for XiM2?  (Read 1316 times)

Offline ocmoho

• 0Wn3D W/XiM4!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SatoshiNakaMUTA
What are the revisions of the wired controller for the XiM2?
I have a -007 one, i thought i read somewhere that wouldnt work.
is there any other way of figuring out the revision? i have a friend i am gonna buy a wired controller from, but the area where the code was is totally worn off, there isnt anything there at all, heres a pic:
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000925yd6.jpg
XIM Clan!
XBL: SatoshiNakaMUTA
____________________________________________________________1080P projector 120" wall|XbOne|PS4|Dual R9 290 4.5GHZ PC Rig

Offline xnk9

• View Profile
Re: How to tell what revision of controller for XiM2?
« Reply #1 on: 02:15 PM - 06/19/08 »
See this is something that i find odd how does xim2 only work for for a certain controller. im probably wrong but i figured xim2 would just 'hijack' the controller inputs/outputs so as long as it is wired up correctly it doesnt matter what controller you would use. i think i explained that funny hopefully you can understand what im talking about.

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:23 PM - 06/19/08 »
When you open the controller you should be able to see the revision on the pcb. (If I am not mistaken). Also I think there are 2 revisions of the 007 pcb.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:35 PM - 06/19/08 »
005 is the one you want. 007 as far as I know at this point, does not work with xim 2. If you have a 007, buy a 005 take it apart put the 005 in the 007 shell and haul it back to _______ (target, best buy, wal mart etcetera. etceterahhhhh). Easy swap!

Depending on how used your controller is, you may be able to just swap out and not take anything else out.

Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 02:48 PM - 06/19/08 »
See this is something that i find odd how does xim2 only work for for a certain controller. im probably wrong but i figured xim2 would just 'hijack' the controller inputs/outputs so as long as it is wired up correctly it doesnt matter what controller you would use. i think i explained that funny hopefully you can understand what im talking about.

So far, there are two "major" revisions of the controller. There have been mods (such as arcade sticks) that do the same type of thing that work against any version of the controller, but, they are more "brute-force" and could never be done without preserving the original function of the controller or fitting within the existing controller.

This is why we had to choose which controller we would target, as, XIM interfaces directly with the controller's onboard microcontroller. The signals required has changed between the two versions of the controller.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline JRC27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JRCo27
« Reply #5 on: 06:03 PM - 06/19/08 »
What about other controllers?  I currently use a joytech with the xim1, will i still be able to use this controller?

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:55 PM - 06/19/08 »
005 is the one you want. 007 as far as I know at this point, does not work with xim 2. If you have a 007, buy a 005 take it apart put the 005 in the 007 shell and haul it back to _______ (target, best buy, wal mart etcetera. etceterahhhhh). Easy swap!

Lol nickstudy, that is your answer to everything.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:25 PM - 06/19/08 »
Yeah, and I will be doing what he suggested. Most people I think have older controllers since all xfps versions sniper 3.0 model and below only support older controllers. Everyone with new xfps's & new controllers probably won't need to do a swap.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:06 PM - 06/20/08 »
That's what I do for everything.

"If it breaks, swap it out" hehe.

Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.