XIM Community

1000hz Polling Rate - Will the Xbox One and PS4 accept this rate?  (Read 21161 times)

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
1000Hz feels great. But I get purple lights when using 500Hz or 1000Hz on Apex when paired with a Titan Two. That's an issue with the Titan, not the Apex and I don't get it at 125Hz or 250Hz. Hence why I'm using 250Hz. J2K at Console Tuner has not been aware of the Apex, so there's no fix yet for 500 / 1000 Hz, but it will come now the Apex has been announced.

I felt no discernable difference between 250Hz and 1000Hz, they're both super-smooth. Mouse sensitivity scales with the Apex polling rate and I prefer to have the values of my 3K DPI mouse around the 80-100 mark @ 250Hz rather than the 360-400 mark @ 1000Hz. No particular reason, it works fine both ways.

How is it playing with aim assist?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Apex plays friendly with AA. I tweak my settings so that I have a nice strong pull, then toy with DPI to find the middle-ground between sticky AA and cut-through into the hitbox.

The same can be done with HIP / ADS sensitivity, but I like the ability to swap between sensitivities on-the-fly via DPI buttons, e.g. jumping into and out of vehicles, playing run-and-gun vs long-range etc.

We can also toy with curves and some other Apex tweaks, but I haven't found it necessary to use advanced settings.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline quertz

• Less QQ more pew pew
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Dr Pwnrbangr
It all sounds amazing, especially for us low sensitivity players  ;)
Xbox One | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended |

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
RML hasn't been using curves on Apex, which should tell you something. We're still beholden to console look mechanics, but aiming is really crispy using an Apex.

MEOW!

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
I've avoided jumping into this discussion, but I've seen a bit of debate on it - so now I'm curious.  I understand the APEX can poll at 1000hz, which should improve the amount of data the APEX can receive and use for translating to controller movement.  With that said, how does the device report to the PS4 (or Xbox)?

I'm assuming that the PS4 is limited to 250hz polling on it's own internal USB polling - as this is the limit of the controller when interfacing with a wired USB connection.  So this is how I view the update rate of all devices:

Mouse [1000hz output]  -> [1000hz input] APEX [1000hz output] -> [250hz input] PS4 USB.

Either way, the 1000hz polling on the APEX input from the mouse seems like it would really help with translation accuracy.  Really interested and excited to try this out.

It forces the console to whatever polling rate you set. So, if you set it to 1000Hz, it tells the console to poll at 1000Hz and the console obeys.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Mouse [1000hz output]  -> [1000hz input] APEX [1000hz output] -> [250hz input] PS4 USB.

When a USB device connects to a USB host (in this case, the console), it requests a polling rate. The host will then request input from the device at that rate.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
Apex plays friendly with AA. I tweak my settings so that I have a nice strong pull, then toy with DPI to find the middle-ground between sticky AA and cut-through into the hitbox.

The same can be done with HIP / ADS sensitivity, but I like the ability to swap between sensitivities on-the-fly via DPI buttons, e.g. jumping into and out of vehicles, playing run-and-gun vs long-range etc.

We can also toy with curves and some other Apex tweaks, but I haven't found it necessary to use advanced settings.

Can you elaborate on "plays friendly" antithesis?

Is it your opinion that xim4 plays friendly with aim assist?

Does the higher hz change the way the aim assist bubble feels with the apex?

Like most xim4 owners out there, trying to figure out the difference between the apex and the 4. I care less about spec sheets but more about how it feels as a device.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
1000hz feels substantially better, but that's going to be subjective. As far as AA, even RML has stopped using curves to combat AA.

1000hz is the selling point if you already own a XIM4. It's a markedly better experience at 1000hz.
Xbox One / PC

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
1000hz feels substantially better, but that's going to be subjective. As far as AA, even RML has stopped using curves to combat AA.

1000hz is the selling point if you already own a XIM4. It's a markedly better experience at 1000hz.

Stopped using curves? Rml used curves for anti aim assist reasons so you are suggesting that the apex has less aim assist effect?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xbox One / PC

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks babe

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
Donít worry Rook youíre still my main squeeze.
Xbox One / PC

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
Donít worry Rook youíre still my main squeeze.

That hurts

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Whew... can finally talk now.

Answering OP.

Yes, Xbone and PS4 can operate at that rate. It feels stupid great. You steady aim guys? You ain't gonna need that anymore.

Admin