XIM Community

Will the APEX play well with Titan Two, or have it's own macro features?  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Whodnee

• View Profile
Like the title says. I want to make sure than the Titan Two I purchase soon will be usable on XIM APEX. This question really is, "Will all currently supported hardware play well with the APEX?"

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Yes, Apex plays well with both Titan Two and Titan One.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
u haz the apex ?

pics of it with the t2, or it didnt happen.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I've used the Apex and Titan Two for many months now. The only issue is there are purple lights when the Apex is set to 500Hz or 1000Hz. It'll be fixed pretty quickly now the Apex has been announced (J2K was not aware of the Apex).

I've been running Apex at 250Hz with the T2. There are no purple lights and the Apex retains its silky smooth tracking.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline R6Master

• View Profile
I've seen the Titan's mentioned so many times being used along with the Xim4. I've google searched but haven't come across the purpose of pairing the 2 together.

Can someone briefly explain why anyone will want to use a Titan 2 along with a Xim4/Apex together. Although I may not be doing this because I doubt it will benefit me I'd still like to know haha

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Xims don't support macros whereas Titans do. Mods like rapid-fire, anti-recoil and turbo buttons work on a Xim via a Titan.

Macros aren't necessarily to cheat, they enhance accessibility for the 20% of gamers with some form of disability, of which over 33 million are in the United States alone. There are some Xim and Titan users who can't game without one or both devices.

Gaming accessibility guidelines are provided at http://www.includification.com/. Whilst developers have improved accessibility for hearing and vision impaired gamers, mobility issues remain largely unaddressed aside from some basic controller remapping.

Titans also allow you to take better advantage of a full keyboard by opening up all keys for in-game and macro bindings. For example, a macro can be setup to select specific items from a weapon wheel that are otherwise difficult to access using a Xim. Greater customisation over controls can make console games feel more PC-like.

I personally combine a Xim with a Titan for rapid-fire (technically auto-fire) to ease bursitis in my finger joints and to reduce wear and tear on my mice. I also have limited mobility in my right thumb, which makes aiming and button mashing challenging. Those are relatively minor issues compared to some folks I've helped who have serious ailments like missing limbs or cerebral palsy.
« Last Edit: 04:06 PM - 01/04/18 by antithesis »

Offline R6Master

• View Profile
Xims don't support macros whereas Titans do. Mods like rapid-fire, anti-recoil and turbo buttons work on a Xim via a Titan.

Macros aren't necessarily to cheat, they enhance accessibility for the 20% of gamers with some form of disability, of which over 33 million are in the United States alone. There are some Xim and Titan users who can't game without one or both devices.

Gaming accessibility guidelines are provided at http://www.includification.com/. Whilst developers have improved accessibility for hearing and vision impaired gamers, mobility issues remain largely unaddressed aside from some basic controller remapping.

Titans also allow you to take better advantage of a full keyboard by opening up all keys for in-game and macro bindings. For example, a macro can be setup to select specific items from a weapon wheel that are otherwise difficult to access using a Xim. Greater customisation over controls can make console games feel more PC-like.

I personally combine a Xim with a Titan for rapid-fire (technically auto-fire) to ease bursitis in my finger joints and to reduce wear and tear on my mice. I also have limited mobility in my right thumb, which makes aiming and button mashing challenging. Those are relatively minor issues compared to some folks I've helped who have serious ailments like missing limbs or cerebral palsy.

Thank you for the response. It is much appreciated. Now I understand the functions, I was aware that Macros can be programmed onto the mouse however I can see that it can get very complex and the Titan 2 will allow for a lot more customisation.I understand that it can be aimed at people who have disabilities however I am sure the vast majority will be using this to cheat a bit more in game.

As you have had a Apex for a few months can you tell me if what you have is a prototype? Would you say it is ready or are there still a lot of things to address. How long do you think it will take before this is released.

Lastly can you be honest about how it compares to the Xim4. Thing is the Xim4 feels as good as it can get when it comes to translating controller movement to mouse and keyboard. No matter how good a translator can become I am aware that it will never feel like PC controls. So how would you rate the Xim4 to the Xim Apex. Is it a huge improvement and worthy for me to upgrade once released?

Thank you

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Macroability is always going to be used for cheating, there's not much we can do about that. But we also can't outright deny it as a quality of life tool - many people can't play games on console without them.

Personally, I don't consider rapid-fire as cheating - in most cases we can't fire a weapon any faster than a game permits, unless using a jitter mod and most of them have been patched. As a Titan scripter, I choose not to create jitter mods in my scripts as I don't believe in abusing exploits. Rapid-fire simply means I'm not mashing my fingers and mouse or controller into an early grave.

Anti-recoil is the second main mod you'll find in a Titan script and to be honest, it's not all that valuable. You can't magically eliminate weapon recoil, nor can anti-recoil be applied without a corresponding loss in mobility because you're locked into a firing pattern that can't respond as easily to a moving opponent.

All anti-recoil does is move the reticle down the Y and sometimes X axes at a predefined rate, similar to holding a controller stick in position. Unlike using an analog stick, a mouse needs to be constantly moving when using a Xim to counter recoil and you can quickly run out of pad. There's a reason recoil was removed in Destiny 2 on PC, it can be difficult to control when using a mouse. That said, I don't use anti-recoil, preferring to choose weapons with low recoil and predictable firing patterns in my games.

Other mods are typically just rapid-firing another button, like melee or jump or crouch. Nothing too complex there, but it's a quality of life improvement not to mash a button.

I've been an alpha tester for about 9 months. The hardware has been finalised for around 6 months. Apex is built on a decade-long foundation, there have been very few if any changes to the firmware for months and it's definitely ready for primetime. From my understanding, it's now down to manufacturing to determine the launch date which is likely to be in February, if not sooner.

The biggest difference (aside from smaller size and lower price) of the Apex are the 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz and 1000Hz polling speeds. It may not sound like a substantial difference, but being able to use a mouse's full native polling rate makes a significant difference both in micro-aim and macro-tracking. The most apt description I can offer is buttery smooth. And like other alpha testers, I haven't felt the need to create a ballistics curve for any game.

Playing with the Apex for the first time was a definite "Holy sh!t" moment! I love that all of my existing hardware works with the Apex, including my Titans. It hasn't been discussed yet, but look out for the Smoothing feature if you're a fan of the experimental SA builds ;)
« Last Edit: 06:23 PM - 01/04/18 by antithesis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Being able to use a mouse's full native polling rate makes a significant difference both in micro-aim and macro-tracking. The most apt description I can offer is buttery smooth. And like other alpha testers, I haven't felt the need to create a ballistics curve for any game.

Playing with the Apex for the first time was a definite "Holy sh!t" moment! I love that all of my existing hardware works with the Apex, including my Titans. It hasn't been discussed yet, but look out for the Smoothing feature if you're a fan of the experimental SA builds ;)

Thanks for sharing this, Antithesis. Most exciting info I have read about the Apex so far.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
Macroability is always going to be used for cheating, there's not much we can do about that. But we also can't outright deny it as a quality of life tool - many people can't play games on console without them.

Personally, I don't consider rapid-fire as cheating - in most cases we can't fire a weapon any faster than a game permits, unless using a jitter mod and most of them have been patched. As a Titan scripter, I choose not to create jitter mods in my scripts as I don't believe in abusing exploits. Rapid-fire simply means I'm not mashing my fingers and mouse or controller into an early grave.

Anti-recoil is the second main mod you'll find in a Titan script and to be honest, it's not all that valuable. You can't magically eliminate weapon recoil, nor can anti-recoil be applied without a corresponding loss in mobility because you're locked into a firing pattern that can't respond as easily to a moving opponent.

All anti-recoil does is move the reticle down the Y and sometimes X axes at a predefined rate, similar to holding a controller stick in position. Unlike using an analog stick, a mouse needs to be constantly moving when using a Xim to counter recoil and you can quickly run out of pad. There's a reason recoil was removed in Destiny 2 on PC, it can be difficult to control when using a mouse. That said, I don't use anti-recoil, preferring to choose weapons with low recoil and predictable firing patterns in my games.

Other mods are typically just rapid-firing another button, like melee or jump or crouch. Nothing too complex there, but it's a quality of life improvement not to mash a button.

I've been an alpha tester for about 9 months. The hardware has been finalised for around 6 months. Apex is built on a decade-long foundation, there have been very few if any changes to the firmware for months and it's definitely ready for primetime. From my understanding, it's now down to manufacturing to determine the launch date which is likely to be in February, if not sooner.

The biggest difference (aside from smaller size and lower price) of the Apex are the 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz and 1000Hz polling speeds. It may not sound like a substantial difference, but being able to use a mouse's full native polling rate makes a significant difference both in micro-aim and macro-tracking. The most apt description I can offer is buttery smooth. And like other alpha testers, I haven't felt the need to create a ballistics curve for any game.

Thank you man, now my hype is too big !!! ...We are already in love with the Apex, I can't wait to get it in my hands.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
here you have the latest infos on apex and macro compatibility via the new sandhawc software
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=59200.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
I've used the Apex and Titan Two for many months now. The only issue is there are purple lights when the Apex is set to 500Hz or 1000Hz. It'll be fixed pretty quickly now the Apex has been announced (J2K was not aware of the Apex).

I've been running Apex at 250Hz with the T2. There are no purple lights and the Apex retains its silky smooth tracking.

@#$% i wish i could have been a beta tester 😢
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: Glorious Model O (White Matte) | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Console Audio/Mic: beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO & Creative Sound Blaster X7 | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline carlrobo

• View Profile
so when will the apex be out for sale ?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
so when will the apex be out for sale ?

We are still waiting on information concerning certain parts of the manufacturing pipeline. As we learn more I'll share. But, Q1 still stands.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.