XIM Community

New XIM Announced - XIM APEX Impression/Discussion Thread  (Read 18399 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I for one cannot wait for the Apex to be released, this will be the best and most polished XIM we ever had!
how about you guys? :)
thoughts on the new features, the potential release date and its price?

the 1000hz mode will surely become the new norm among ximmers, compulsory usb soundcards on PS4 for party chatting are now a thing of the past and the higher ballistic curve resolution is what every dedicated config tweaker has dreamt of ;)

edit:
link to the announcement:
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=3819.msg641775#msg641775
« Last Edit: 08:40 AM - 01/02/18 by Od1n »
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New XIM Announced - XIM APEX Impression/Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: 08:41 AM - 01/02/18 »
Looks awesome!
« Last Edit: 08:56 AM - 01/02/18 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:41 AM - 01/02/18 »
I just wet my pants!

I cannot find the official announcement, can you link me please? I want to read and cupcake myself to the moon!!!

just added the link to the opening post :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #3 on: 08:58 AM - 01/02/18 »
Super excited about this!

I would love to see screen shots of xim APEX's xim manager.

I refer back to a post about an upgrade to xim software to aid with the creation of user made ballistic curves...

I would like to start by saying, I love my XIM4! The product is fantastic and the supportive community really adds to It's appeal.

OK now I've said something nice, you're going to implement the following changes for me :)

1. The ballistic Curve has an indicator to show the speed at which you are moving your mouse. The actual line(or curve) on the graph fills up from the left to indicate how fast you are moving your mouse very much like a digital rev meter in a car.

Imagine the potential for tweaking your sensitivities, dpi, boost? Rml, havoxxx, antithesis etc could create some smashing curves that are matched to exact sensitivities. Ballistic curves would become more of an exact science rather than trial and error, you could work out, with the help of the visual feedback, the exact speed at which your curve should ramp up for a quick flick or when your curve should be completely linear for accurate aiming.

I'm assuming (excuse my technological ignorance) that this technology is already being used in the xim4 device itself as it knows when you exceed the max turn speed as it flashes to tell you.

2. Increase the response rate/polling from. 8ms to a more competitive 5 or 2 Ms. Overclock the hell out of it guys.

I'd pay good money for these changes, confirm and I'll pre-order mine now! I'll pre order 2!

Did any of this make it into xim APEX's manager?

Offline Arceye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:12 AM - 01/02/18 »
Oh holy crap, I was just about to purchase a second xim4.

Now I need more info on this unit.

I have a question though, or really so many questions, but only the most important asked right now.

It says manager PC version is wired only, does this mean wired will give full and live config management the same as I currently get on PC via bluetooth ?

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:19 AM - 01/02/18 »
My big thing is pre-orders. I really hope people that have been long supporters from the beginning get first dibs. I know when I got the XIM4 it wasn't too bad but I got a feeling this one is gonna be hard to get.

However overall I am excited.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #6 on: 09:27 AM - 01/02/18 »
Are you taking pre orders? I have my credit card in my hand!

Higher resolution ballistics.... What will this do?

We currently have:
Ballistic curves
Boost
Steady aim
Steady aim adjustment via different firmware
X/y adjustment

Can we expect anything else added to the list? Have any of the steadyaim firmware discussions affected the functionality of the new xim APEX?

Will we be getting multiple profiles within the same game profile allowing us to easily create set ups like Rmls insane destiny 1 setup?

Will there be getting tertiary button assignments?

So many questions...

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:58 AM - 01/02/18 »
Great to see some progress.

However- not really that many worthy upgrades. 8ms vs 1ms- well, in 60fps games it barely makes a difference. But still a welcomed change. In games that only run at 30fps like Pubg and Destiny 2 on consoles, it doesnt make any difference at all.

Still remains to be seen, how well the 1ms will be implemented and if theres actually any difference.

In regards of higher ballistic curve... maybe interesting for like 1% of ppl who actually use that setting.

Ideally, the smart translator should take care of getting as close to 1:1 as possible, so in the best case scenario ppl shouldnt be experimenting with bal curves.

I guess for new gamers who dont own a xim yet, its a slightly better product for approx. the same price.
For the owners of xim4, I barely see any reason to upgrade.

I mean dont get me wrong, I was able to notice smoother aiming with Cronus Max set at 1000hz vs a xim operating at 125hz, but over 98% of gamers wont even be able to tell a difference.

Still interesting to see any sort of progress. I see this xim actually went the Cronus / Titan One route with a USB stick beeing the actual keyboard and mouse adapter, where you can connect a Hub to it, so that you can connect the rest of the devices like KBM. Its certainly much cheaper to manufacture. Much smaller device overall.
« Last Edit: 10:03 AM - 01/02/18 by Santigold »

Offline quertz

• Less QQ more pew pew
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Dr Pwnrbangr
« Reply #8 on: 10:17 AM - 01/02/18 »
Anyone know if Xbox One X will be supported? I don't see it mentioned, just the original Xbox One as (X1). I don't have one now but hopefully later this year there's enough reason for me to get one. AKA fingers crossed for Halo 6 late 2018.
XBOX ONE | KEYBOARD: STEELSERIES 6GV2 | MOUSE: STEELSERIES RIVAL 600 | PAD: ARTISAN HIEN |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 10:26 AM - 01/02/18 »
So many questions...

I know, and we (me and the Alpha Testers) will reveal more about it in time. Concerning 1000Hz, I wouldn't have added the feature if the difference in feel wasn't significant. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:36 AM - 01/02/18 »
Yep, day one purchase for me!

As far as new features go. I believe there will be a solid performance increase over XIM4. I will be happy to share my findings shortly after release and will be posting a review.

New XIM products are never a bad purchase and I love the name "Apex" sounds like a culmination of years of work and experience.

Super Nice!
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Lyfe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:49 AM - 01/02/18 »
Two questions...

1. Being that theres a dongle and a hub, that means it will now take up two usb ports on the xbox instead of one like the xim4?

2. Since its being released in Q1, more than likely it wont be released this month correct? Just asking since I was hoping to get a xim4 but since xim4 is out of production, the wait continues on owning my first xim ever.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 10:50 AM - 01/02/18 »
1) The HUB plugs into APEX. You can supply your own hub (such as if you keyboard as a built-in hub, for example).
2) Yes, I'm hoping no later than February
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Lyfe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:52 AM - 01/02/18 »
1) The HUB plugs into APEX. You can supply your own hub (such as if you keyboard as a built-in hub, for example).
2) Yes, I'm hoping no later than February

Gotcha. I will wait patiently.

Thanks OBsIV!

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:58 AM - 01/02/18 »
Awesome cant wait !!!  8)
Xim4 | Xbox One X | Elite controller | Logitech G502 mouse |
Razer Orbweaver Chroma Stealth | Sony Nav |
Razer Destructor Mat | 50" Panasonic 4K LED TV |
Xbox One preview program |