XIM Community

I made a XiM4 Splatoon 2 ST (crossover adapter required)  (Read 4514 times)

Offline squidKid

• View Profile
Re: I made a XiM4 Splatoon 2 ST (crossover adapter required)
« Reply #15 on: 05:52 PM - 12/26/17 »
Why is the crosshair shaking so much?

By the way, it would be so much better if the mouse input was translated to gyro input.

Offline BeansmokeCowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:41 PM - 12/28/17 »
Why is the crosshair shaking so much?

By the way, it would be so much better if the mouse input was translated to gyro input.

It shouldn't be shaking, what mouse are you using?

I totally agree btw
XB1/PS4/PC/Switch | Logitech G502, Logitech G13 | I make XiM4 STs for Nintendo Switch games.

My Splatoon 2 XiM4 ST
Next on the list: DOOM
--

Offline tzeeth

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08:07 AM - 12/29/17 »
I have bought now MagicNS and will come home 8 January, looking forward to try it. Splatoon is a great game to pwn!
Thanks for your great work!

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
« Reply #18 on: 05:47 AM - 12/31/17 »
I have bought now MagicNS and will come home 8 January, looking forward to try it. Splatoon is a great game to pwn!
Thanks for your great work!
I'll probably pick one up too, but I'm not sure if it will be better than the gyro controls in the game already.

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09:21 AM - 01/09/18 »
I just got my adapter last night. I played around with your ST for an hour or so, and noticed that micro aiming was really hard. I think this was because your curve started at 6.0. I lowered it to around 1.5 and noticed why you did it though. Micro aiming feels a lot better until you start trying to micro aim diagonally. for some reason there is a stair step effect when trying to do small movements.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:39 PM - 01/09/18 »
You can try to fix that by either adding boost or going through other game configs to find one that fits the game better.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:26 PM - 01/09/18 »
You can try to fix that by either adding boost or going through other game configs to find one that fits the game better.

Ok, I'll put some more work into it tomorrow.

BTW Beansmoke, thanks for the work you put into your ST, without your toggle look centering find, the game would be unplayable :)

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11:06 PM - 01/11/18 »
I swapped from using the XBONE Doom ST to the PS4 one, and it seemed to work much better. I also am using a slightly modified version of RML's curve to help with turning. I'm able to do precision shooting fairly well, but the issue with stair-stepping with small movements still exists, no matter what i try. I think it may be a problem with the game itself.

Here is my full config as of right now.
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Splatoon 2 ST] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Offline Vernw3

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Vernw3
« Reply #23 on: 09:30 PM - 01/15/18 »
I swapped from using the XBONE Doom ST to the PS4 one, and it seemed to work much better. I also am using a slightly modified version of RML's curve to help with turning. I'm able to do precision shooting fairly well, but the issue with stair-stepping with small movements still exists, no matter what i try. I think it may be a problem with the game itself.

Here is my full config as of right now.
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Splatoon 2 ST] START PASTE >>>
X4C: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:X4C
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

So Would you say its worth it?

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:00 AM - 01/16/18 »
So Would you say its worth it?

Well Considering how cheap the adapter was, and how much more comfortable it is to play with a traditional setup, I would say so, but it's far from what you would experience playing a supported game. If you're very proficient in using the gyro controls then it's not going to be an improvement for you.
It is generally very playable, but sometimes it feels like your fighting a square deadzone when micro aiming. It might be the game or the adapter, it might not even be a deadzone problem, i've haven't gotten the time to test other games with this adapter yet. I'll play around with it some more, but if anyone has any specific requests for testing i could investigate them.

Offline BeansmokeCowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:00 PM - 01/18/18 »
I did... something or other to address the micro-aiming issues that I noticed early on making this ST, and stopped noticing them completely. I can't say what, though, because it's been a little bit. I had to send my Nintendo Switch in to have its WiFi repaired - once I get it back I'm gonna return to @#$% around with XiM4 on it
XB1/PS4/PC/Switch | Logitech G502, Logitech G13 | I make XiM4 STs for Nintendo Switch games.

My Splatoon 2 XiM4 ST
Next on the list: DOOM
--

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:54 PM - 01/18/18 »
I did... something or other to address the micro-aiming issues that I noticed early on making this ST, and stopped noticing them completely. I can't say what, though, because it's been a little bit. I had to send my Nintendo Switch in to have its WiFi repaired - once I get it back I'm gonna return to @#$% around with XiM4 on it

Awesome, i'd love to hear about it when you get your switch back. :)

Offline tzeeth

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:36 AM - 01/28/18 »
Hi! I have been trying to test it now but for some reason I canít make it work.
Have connected and synced ps4 controller to switch via wireless and magicns and then I connect everything to xim4 but it doesnít seem to get any input from mouse and keyboard.
Any help here? Really thanks.

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:43 PM - 01/28/18 »
I have an xbox one controller hooked up to the XIM, and the XIM plugged directly into the magic-ns. I dont think the wireless functionality works when using XIM
Edit: typos :(
« Last Edit: 08:10 PM - 01/28/18 by Joeyknock0 »

Offline tzeeth

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:54 AM - 01/29/18 »
@#$%! Thatís it thank you very much ^^
I have an xbox one controller hooked up to the XIM, and the XIM plugged directly into the magic-ns. I dont think the wireless functionality works when using XIM
Edit: typos :(