XIM Community

Anyone not going to upgrade?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline JRC27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JRCo27
Anyone not going to upgrade?
« on: 07:00 PM - 06/17/08 »
I'm on the fence on this one.  I've gotten so used to xim1 that i'm not sure i even want to upgrade.  Can the 2 be THAT much better than the 1?  I only use the xim for COD4 and i'm at a point where my kdr is routinely 3:1, 4:1 and sometimes higher.  I just can't imagine the xim2 making such a difference that it will make the kdr go even higher.

Offline miraged

• View Profile
Re: Anyone not going to upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: 07:37 PM - 06/17/08 »
Well CoD4 is the game the xim works the best with so far. So I wouldnt expect any major improvements from the next version. For me it was pretty playable but I still never got a 100% perfect config with XIM1 so at least I am going to get a XIM2 for CoD4 too. As for you, I would wait for reviews when people get their hand on XIM2 to test them. Maybe nick will do a comparison between XIM1 and XIM2 for CoD4.

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #2 on: 08:45 PM - 06/17/08 »
well, seeing as how my XIM1 died...i will get XIM2. Now I dont have anything for my PS3 which really sucks!!

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:46 PM - 06/17/08 »
That sucks cameltoe. Hey JRC27 if COD4 is your only game, no need to upgrade. But if you are playing others or will be it might be worth it. Wait and see if you really need to. I think the XIM2 was mainly for the Halo 3 people, because everything it fixes mostly is to make HALO 3 great and all other games perfect like playing on PC.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #4 on: 12:02 AM - 06/18/08 »
I'm on the fence on this one.  I've gotten so used to xim1 that i'm not sure i even want to upgrade.  Can the 2 be THAT much better than the 1?  I only use the xim for COD4 and i'm at a point where my kdr is routinely 3:1, 4:1 and sometimes higher.  I just can't imagine the xim2 making such a difference that it will make the kdr go even higher.

If it feels fine to you then the only thing that will stand out, besides the better resolution and control, is the lack of 35-37ms of lag the XFPS throws in there for you.

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
« Reply #5 on: 12:31 AM - 06/18/08 »

Yes it can be, and yes it is. I'm not just saying that because I'm a dev. From the moment I tried my XIM 2 out, I was sold.

That sucks cameltoe. Hey JRC27 if COD4 is your only game, no need to upgrade. But if you are playing others or will be it might be worth it. Wait and see if you really need to. I think the XIM2 was mainly for the Halo 3 people, because everything it fixes mostly is to make HALO 3 great and all other games perfect like playing on PC.

XIM 2 was by no means made mainly for the Halo 3 people. XIM 2 was made mainly to dispose of the XFPS requirement and the lag caused by it. This isn't the only difference though, far from it.

-Derek
« Last Edit: 12:41 AM - 06/18/08 by derektm »

technogiant

« Reply #6 on: 01:32 AM - 06/18/08 »
I haven't owned an xim yet...but from what I've read xim 2 is going to provide such an across the board improvement it would be worth upgrading....okay you mainly play cod 4 now but what about future games?

Offline Cameron3395

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:00 AM - 06/18/08 »

You've said you don't even have a XIM, only the XFPS.  So how can you give advice on how it plays if you don't have the XIM or XIM2?

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:16 AM - 06/18/08 »
Well CoD4 is the game the xim works the best with so far. So I wouldnt expect any major improvements from the next version. For me it was pretty playable but I still never got a 100% perfect config with XIM1 so at least I am going to get a XIM2 for CoD4 too. As for you, I would wait for reviews when people get their hand on XIM2 to test them. Maybe nick will do a comparison between XIM1 and XIM2 for CoD4.

I have written an extensive test plan, user isntallation guide and what not that are in progress. In addition to that, I will be releasing a video and release notes on comparison to Xim 1. Alot of stuff to do! That's ok though, I enjoy every minute of my busy life hehe.

Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.