XIM Community

Couple of Requests  (Read 390 times)

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
Couple of Requests
« on: 10:53 AM - 12/15/17 »
Just wanted to start off by saying that this is an excellent addition and think these items could make it better.

1. Ability to resize the window sometimes the XIM Manager window is cut off at the bottom. I would like to make it smaller if possible.

2. When you have the window behind another program you cannot bring it front facing clicking anywhere inside XIM manager you have to click left hand side.

3. When downloading updated game configs you have to run as administrator and receive an error. Is this fixable or just something else?

4. Ability to map the trigger key to different button would be great.

Thanks.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Couple of Requests
« Reply #1 on: 12:28 PM - 12/15/17 »
Thank you for the feedback!

Concerning #3, this is because your XIM games database was updated at some point as administrator. If you uninstall and reinstall XIM Manager it will fix this problem.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:19 PM - 12/15/17 »
I had uninstalled and reinstalled and it makes me run as administrator to update. If I attempt to without says insufficient permissions.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 01:36 PM - 12/15/17 »
That's ok to run as admin to install. What will happen is it'll clear out files that get downloaded later.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline AlekseiTheNotSoGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:52 PM - 01/17/18 »
To fix #3 you have to change the Users permissions for the XIM Technologies folder in the ProgramData folder on your C drive. ProgramData is a hidden folder so you have to change the Windows Explorer settings to show it. After you do that go to C:\ProgramData and look for the XIM Technologies folder which should be at or near the bottom. Right click on the folder and click Properties then go to the Security tab then click Edit. In the new window that comes up click Users then Full control in the list below. Then you can click Apply and close all of the windows.