XIM Community

G900 power fault (mouse split between XIM and laptop)  (Read 410 times)

Offline LilJs

• View Profile
So you need like 100% battery on your G900 to use it on the XIM4. Recently I got a new laptop and have the mini-usb to use it wireless (I play with it wired on the XIM4). This means that when I'm off the PS4 I just unplug the USB connected from the XIM to the mouse so I can use it wireless..
The thing is that ofc I'm draining battery while using the laptop and now when I want to play on my PS4 i gotta wait until my mouse is fully charged..?
Is there any possible way to fix this, I find this pretty annoying.

If anything I said wasn't clear to understand I'll try to explain it better.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: G900 power fault (mouse split between XIM and laptop)
« Reply #1 on: 05:41 AM - 12/14/17 »
Try connecting the mouse to a powered USB 2.0 hub, then connect the hub to the Xim4.
It should take care of the power drain issue by charging the G900 when using the Xim.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #2 on: 06:29 AM - 12/14/17 »
So you need like 100% battery on your G900 to use it on the XIM4. Recently I got a new laptop and have the mini-usb to use it wireless (I play with it wired on the XIM4). This means that when I'm off the PS4 I just unplug the USB connected from the XIM to the mouse so I can use it wireless..
The thing is that ofc I'm draining battery while using the laptop and now when I want to play on my PS4 i gotta wait until my mouse is fully charged..?
Is there any possible way to fix this, I find this pretty annoying.

If anything I said wasn't clear to understand I'll try to explain it better.

Your G900 doesn't need to be fully charged to work with the XIM4.
I used to plug it into the XIM (via a USB switch) which itself was plugged into my PS4. The mouse battery charged from almost flat to fully charged in around 2 hours of gaming and would then run perfectly well for several days in wireless mode.
It sounds as though your laptop is not charging your mouse very efficiently. If I were you, I would buy a USB plug
[https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-1000mAh-Universal-Samsung-CUSTOMER/dp/B075VPFX2C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1513254352&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+plug]
and charge your G900 directly through the mains, when your console is turned off, rather than through your laptop.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:52 AM - 12/14/17 »
Your experience with the battery may be different than others. Factors like console used and other peripheral's power requirements can play a role in the amount of trickle charge and the point where battery percentage can affect stability.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos