XIM Community

Xim4 + rapid fire controller  (Read 1461 times)

Offline El1miNate_

• View Profile
Xim4 + rapid fire controller
« on: 02:19 AM - 12/12/17 »
Hi !

I have a question, if i buy a rapid fire controller, did she work with the xim4? Rapid fire function with le left click for fire ?

Thanks !

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim4 + rapid fire controller
« Reply #1 on: 08:21 AM - 12/12/17 »
No it won't work. If you want rapid-fire, get a Titan One or Titan Two. Connecting the Xim4 to a Titan allows you to use rapid-fire mods (and lots more) and it'll be cheaper and a crapload more functional & versatile than a rapid-fire modded controller.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline El1miNate_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:02 AM - 12/12/17 »
Okay thanks !

But with the titan or cronusmax there is latency no?

Sorry for my bad english

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:44 PM - 12/12/17 »
Yup adds more lag, but nothing that can hinder your gaming experience is not noticeable, so for a casual gaming is OK.
For competitive or serious gaming is another thing, and you should not be using rapidfire in a competitive scenario.

Another way to get rapid-fire without adding lag to your input.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:04 PM - 12/12/17 »
Any additional lag is negligible. Titans and CMs can be set to poll at 1ms.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline El1miNate_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:06 AM - 12/13/17 »
Okay ! Thanks!

I purchase a t1. I will see.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #6 on: 05:56 AM - 12/13/17 »
Hi !

I have a question, if i buy a rapid fire controller, did she work with the xim4? Rapid fire function with le left click for fire ?

Thanks !

Do you not think that utilizing rapid fire via a script is cheating though?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 06:56 AM - 12/13/17 »
Rapid-fire is a misnomer - you can't fire a weapon faster using a typical rapid-fire mod. It's auto-fire, which simply means you hold the button to fire it instead of mashing.

That's only advantageous on semi-auto weapons with a predictable fire-rate and recoil pattern, such as Scout rifles in Destiny, but it's crap on things like Hand Cannons.

I use auto-fire to save my equipment and my fingers from the rigors of mashing. I'm no spring chicken and periodically experience bursitis in my joints, so it's a quality of life thing. I tend to run automatic weapons regardless, so it's rarely utilised.

If you use a jitter mod, that's definitely in the realm of rapid-firing faster than a game engine allows, usually by exploiting a reload or weapon swap animation. I don't use and don't recommend using exploits, there's no point risking an account or console ban.
« Last Edit: 07:11 AM - 12/13/17 by antithesis »