XIM Community

Problems with Logitech G105 Keyboard  (Read 632 times)

Offline Froz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NR30 FROZ
Problems with Logitech G105 Keyboard
« on: 11:18 AM - 12/12/17 »
Hi all,

Im fairly new to gaming on the Xbox One with a mouse and keyboard, but can't seem to get my Logitech G105 working, whenever I plug it into the xim it's not appearing on my xim manager, I can switch to a cheap Logitech one and that works straight away.

I'm assuming it's something to do with it drawing too much power due to the LED's? But have read other people using this keyboard and having no problems.

Anyone have any idea how I can get it working?

Thanks in advance.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Logitech G105 Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 11:28 AM - 12/12/17 »
Welcome to the community. First I recommend using the latest firmware for the latest peripheral support. This is a manual update that requires a PC or Mac.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

Next, some peripherals may require a powered hub beteween the device and XIM4 to provide additional power. This requirement can vary from one users setup to another depending on their setup's power draw. If you haven't already you could try fully charging your controller directly with the console. If this doesn't help then any USB 2.0 hub that includes an AC adapter may help.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Froz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NR30 FROZ
Re: Problems with Logitech G105 Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: 04:40 AM - 12/13/17 »
Thank you for the reply, my firmware is all up to date.

When you say powered hub do you mean something like this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FS9Q01K/ref=twister_B015695OUA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I assume you would then just plug keyboard into the hub and hub into the xim?