XIM Community

Xim4 + Titan2 nav bluetooth flexibility  (Read 782 times)

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xim4 + Titan2 nav bluetooth flexibility
« on: 11:36 AM - 12/11/17 »
So I was thinking that the titan 2 will solve the issue of needing a 3rd button set for the sony nav but it will also cause an issue
that being bluetooth as most people will only own 1 nav and they may want to use the nav with the xim4 and the titan 2 together but at times separate this will cause issues as the nav can only broadcast on one channel at a time the pairing and unpairing or using two navs will cause a major headache the only solution is create a firmware for both devices to work with each other and allowing bluetooth radio to be switched on and off on either the xim4 or the titan 2 the reason i say do it this way is so non titan  2 owners do not go changing settings they do not need to.

Having a the setup where the xim4 is into the titan2 and the nav is paired directly with the titan2 not the xim4 would be ideal and would mean the 3rd set of buttons could be be mapped in the titan2 software. But you might want to use the titan for something else maybe in the same room so the ability to control whats what and not have to keep pairing and moving the other device out of range etc I think we need a custom firmware for this so as not to cause issues with the current gold builds.
I don't want to waste your time or put pressure on you and its not urgent right now but after xmas and pubg is out the way will it be possible to look into this it would be amazing to have these options
what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: 11:40 AM - 12/11/17 by MindControlZombies »
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim4 + Titan2 nav bluetooth flexibility
« Reply #1 on: 03:09 PM - 12/11/17 »
Having a the setup where the xim4 is into the titan2 and the nav is paired directly with the titan2 not the xim4 would be ideal and would mean the 3rd set of buttons could be be mapped in the titan2 software.

But you might want to use the titan for something else maybe in the same room so the ability to control whats what and not have to keep pairing and moving the other device out of range etc I think we need a custom firmware for this so as not to cause issues with the current gold builds.
That's already how a Nav connected to a Titan Two will work. The Nav never needs to be paired with the Xim in a Xim + T2 setup, unless you don't want to use the T2 for whatever reason.

You can use the Nav controller in combination with or independently of the Xim in any T2 use case scenario if the Nav is paired with the T2. The mouse comes from Xim, Nav comes from T2, both are combined on the console via the T2.

At this stage all of this is moot as the BT module for T2 is not yet finished. J2K has been working on it and it's anticipated to be released soon, but that's been the case for months now.

If you want to try it now, plug Xim into INPUT-A on the T2. Plug the Nav into INPUT-B on the T2 via USB. Setup an Input Translator for your Nav bindings, drag that on top of your T2 script or onto a spare T2 slot. Select that T2 slot and you're done.

Regardless, this really has nothing to do with Xim aside from pairing the Nav with the T2 instead of the Xim. What you want to do will be possible without changing either the Xim or T2 firmwares.
« Last Edit: 03:36 PM - 12/11/17 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:59 PM - 12/11/17 »
a option in advanced settings to turn off Bluetooth in xim4 and titan 2  software like every other bluetooth device on the planet dude no need for both on at once.
but only working this way when the 2 devices are connected together via usb.
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:55 PM - 12/11/17 »
All you need to do is connect Nav to the T2 over BlueTooth (when it's available) or USB, connect Xim to T2, problem solved.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:51 AM - 12/12/17 »
If i want to use and pair the nav to both T2 and xim4 and use them at times together and other times separate ie using the titan on another console or pc I do not want to have them both talking to the nav at once or have to keep pairing and unpairing and if they are both talking to each other the nav to xim4 and the nav to titan2 at the same time then the input is duplicated.

There needs to be a firmware where you can turn off bluetooth on the xim4 and the same goes for the titan 2
thats the best way to go and there are so many items on the 2.4ghz band now i am sitting in a room with 6 bluetooth devices there are only a few bluetooth channels imagine if you are in a building with a number of xims and navs on the go ? freedom of choice too.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 07:28 AM - 12/12/17 »
If you've got a T2 and a Xim4, it's rare that you'll ever use the Xim4 separately. My Xim is plugged into the T2 24/7/365. In which case, the Nav only needs to be paired with the T2 for all use cases, whether or not the Xim is used. i.e, you can use your T2-connected Nav for any game on any supported device without any need to unpair & re-pair.

To be 100% clear, the mouse is connected to Xim. Nav is paired to T2. In a T2+Xim setup, the Nav does NOT need to be paired to Xim, ever. The T2 will pass the mouse from the Xim and the Nav from the T2 to the game console or PC. There is no duplication because only the BT pairing to the T2 is required.

All input device communication is via the T2. The Xim won't bypass it if connected to T2 by USB or BT, everything goes through the T2. Pairing the Nav to the Xim is pointless in a T2+Xim setup because the Nav + mouse input is combined on the T2, then fed to the console in ANY scenario.

You could have a Xim, Nav, flight stick and foot pedals all connected to the T2 concurrently and the output of all devices is combined by the T2. Put simply, many wires into the T2, only one wire out to the console. That output is controlled by the T2, always.

In a Xim4+T2 setup, there is zero need to pair the Nav with the Xim. The only time you'd do that is using the Xim without the T2, but why would you if you're trying to use T2 functionality for the Nav?

The same applies to keyboards - you don't need to connect it to the Xim when using a T2, the only reason to do it is for the sake of convenience. Connecting a kb direct to the T2 means you have 104 keys at your disposal instead of the 12 or so that are only visible when bound via Xim Manager. There are plans to toggle game and chat mode for a T2 connected kb, which alone is a strong reason to do it.

Back on-track: to take advantage of the triple-binding scenario you've envisioned, the Nav can ONLY be connected to the T2 for it to work. Pairing the Nav to the Xim isn't needed and does nothing for you. And if you don't want or need the functionality offered by the T2, you'd never pair the Nav to the T2 in the first place because doing so serves no purpose.

I understand your argument, but you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist in 99.99% of T2+Xim use cases. It's a pretty cut-and-dried case of pairing the Nav with either the T2 or the Xim, not both. There is never a need to pair to both to do what you're trying to do.

Pairing the Nav to the T2 means the Nav will work 100% of the time, whether or not the Xim is connected. The downside is that setting up bindings via an Input Translator or GPC script is more of a ball-ache than binding buttons in Xim Manager. And you need to use a T2 slot at all times (just as you need to use a Xim4 config at all times), which is a pretty solid reason not to bother, even though it only takes a few minutes.
« Last Edit: 08:16 AM - 12/12/17 by antithesis »

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:37 PM - 12/14/17 »
Ant you make a fair point and the prospect of writing a titan2 script for just buttons kinda put me off a little but yeah it is easy to bind the nav buttons in xim manager the other problem is I need 2 of the same action buttons to be bind to 3 devices at once mouse keyboard and nav.

That could be fixed with a 3rd button page but what if that eats up some of the xims memory that could otherwise store a extra confiq slot and also I do not want to be a thorn in mist and obs side.

I have had no heating in the coldest weather for 2 days the Engineer left about an hour ago and now I can sit in warmth
I don't really care about much else at the moment. :)
« Last Edit: 12:45 PM - 12/14/17 by MindControlZombies »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 11:56 PM - 12/14/17 »
One option is to remap mouse buttons to keyboard keys. For example, set the side-buttons to keys 1 & 2 in your mouse app. Set the Xim kb bindings for those actions to keys 1 & 2. When you press the mouse buttons...boom. Job done.

Give that a bash and see if it works.

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:50 AM - 12/15/17 »
That is a flipping great idea I had forgotten you could do that  but it wud have to be keyboard keys mapped to mouse keys as my main keyboard has no macros.
:)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #9 on: 04:35 AM - 12/15/17 »
If it was intended for simple triple-bindings, rebinding mouse buttons would work.

But for macros, you'd probably be better off hooking your kb up through the Titan Two to open up the full 104 keys for game and macro bindings. I don't think a kb can trigger a mouse macro because it runs on the mouse.

In that setup, you could leave mouse & Nav on the Xim and a kb (or keypad, G13 etc) on the T2.

There are lots of options in a Xim+T2 setup :)

Admin