XIM Community

Creative X7 users  (Read 801 times)

Offline supplice

• of all the things i lost, i miss my mind the most
    • View Profile
Creative X7 users
« on: 11:02 AM - 12/11/17 »
so i know there are a few creative x7 users with the bt w2 bluetooth dongle. my questionis do you guys get that unbearable high frequency signal ringing too or is it just me? i haven't found anything with someone mentioning it, i narrowed it down to bluetooth because when i mute the bluetooth the noise goes away. i don't want to mute it because that's my voice chat so has anyone found a fix for this? this setup was supposed to be easier and less finicky but now it seems like even more hassle to my prior setup

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Creative X7 users
« Reply #1 on: 04:01 PM - 12/11/17 »
How have you connected your console to the X7?
I have a complex audio setup that uses every port on the back of the X7 with multiple inputs and outputs and there is zero noise interference.

The BT-W2 uses the BlueTooth input on the X7 for chat. Perhaps you need to look at your mic or mic cable as the source of the interference. A ground loop isolator may resolve the problem.

Do you have any other BT devices paired with the X7?
That may be the source of interference, but it's unlikely to be caused by BlueTooth, I'd still be looking at the mic.

What are your PS4 > Settings > Devices > Audio Devices settings?
Mine are Input Device > USB Headset (Creative Bluetooth Audio W2); Output Device > same; Output to Headphones > Chat Audio.

Offline supplice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:38 PM - 12/11/17 »
yes ive had a similar setup for years

tried multiple mic and headphones
ad700x
650hd
g4me one
modmic 5
etc

its def the bluetooth signal because it goes away when i mute bluetooth
it also still transmits when the mic is muted, it goes away when any sort of audio goes. sitting on the ps home menu nope, bip bip bip bip faintly in a radio interference signal. tried turning off bluetooth and moving wireless apparatuses away; nope.

kinda crappy explanation of what i did but ya id rather deal with light hissing rather than this frequency signal, kinda add too cuz im playing right now and modifying this in between rounds
« Last Edit: 10:05 PM - 12/11/17 by supplice »

Offline supplice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:46 AM - 05/10/18 »
Ive never gotten this resolved and Creative has been avoiding the issue through support for 6 months now.
So I have to ask all Creative X7/BT-W2 users. If you turn your volume up do you hear any noise that resembles this?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmAN0uYQVq4Cgh5wdPZKGayPQxwg

It's basically the bluetooth frequency and it goes away when I mute it, ive tried every troubleshoot step so now im at the step of replacing hardware. Im about to order a new dongle but was finding ways to RMA the X7 because Creative is being difficult.

But I guess the question im basically asking is do you guys hear that noise also?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:41 PM - 05/10/18 »
Nope, mine is as clear as a bell. That sounds bloody annoying!

Does it go away when you unplug the BT-W2? Where are you plugging in the BT-W2? It could be picking up interference, which you've no doubt considered. Maybe try a USB extension cable to move it away from power sources. I have mine on a USB switch rather than plugged direct into the console.

Are your power cables on a separate run to your audio cables to minimise interference? Have you tried a ground loop isolator? Granted that's more for hissing or squealing and doesn't seem like it'd help here, but I'm just putting it out there.

Offline Beast

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LeWinchester
« Reply #5 on: 01:39 AM - 05/11/18 »
X7 user too, I had the same problem at the begining because the dongle was connected on my ps4 usb port, since I plug the bt-w2 in an switch the noise disapear !
My setup :

Offline supplice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:17 AM - 05/15/18 »
Can I ask what USB Switch you guys are using? and is it just for switching between PC and PS4?

I tried a usb 2.0 extension cable and it still did the ringing, same with a usb 3.0 hub.
Might try ordering a 3.0 extension but might just go with the switch you guys are using.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:30 AM - 05/15/18 »
did you try all PS4 usb ports so far?
if you have a pro then try the one at the back of the console, i think it doesnt share the same power cycle as the two ports at the front (if it works similarly to the xbox)

alternatively unplug your xim so only the bt-w2 is connected to a front usb port, if the buzz is gone then your xim daws too much power which affects the second usb port, an external power supply would solve this then

overall how do you test this?
open up a chart party, optical completely muted and bluetooth set to 100% in the mixer options?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline supplice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:05 AM - 05/15/18 »
yes i can confirm its 100% bluetooth, i can mute everything but bluetooth causes it and the matter of testing, it just goes at all times when its plugged in.
the curious thing is when i go into test device or whatever the options called to hear mic playback on the ps4 the ringing stops. once i exit it starts up again, the bluetooth dongle works perfectly fine on PC
mic array line in is muted, the only way i can get it to stop is muting the 2 highest frequencys in the equalizer but then it messes with my sound in games.

ive tried all usb ports and without anything else plugged in, different power sources, taking the disc out, replacing hard drive, different power strip, have not tried a powered hub yet.

Are your power cables on a separate run to your audio cables to minimise interference? Have you tried a ground loop isolator? Granted that's more for hissing or squealing and doesn't seem like it'd help here, but I'm just putting it out there.
Yeah i tried a groun loop isolator, it just made everything quieter but I can still hear the ringing. tried different cabling approaches and even different power supplies at once, no bueno.
« Last Edit: 09:18 AM - 05/15/18 by supplice »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:41 AM - 05/15/18 »
Can I ask what USB Switch you guys are using? and is it just for switching between PC and PS4?

I tried a usb 2.0 extension cable and it still did the ringing, same with a usb 3.0 hub.
Might try ordering a 3.0 extension but might just go with the switch you guys are using.
I use 2 x IOGear GUS404 and 1 x Sabrent USB 2.0 Sharing Switch. The BT-W2 is on a GUS404.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #10 on: 10:28 AM - 05/15/18 »

Aten 2 Port USB Hub.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:41 PM - 05/15/18 »
just gave it a try, i have a very very silent hiss with bluetooth, but i can only hear it when setting the main volume to 100% and i mute everything else in the mixer (except for bluetooth which is at 90-100%)
as soon as there is just a very minor audio source in the back this one is louder than the hiss

in a regular scenario where i have the main volume at 20-30% i cannot hear it at all
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline supplice

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:53 PM - 05/17/18 »
im not really concerned about the hissing, more the ringing. if i ever get it to stop with bluetooth enabled, as soon as i join a party it goes off again. i hear it at 30% low ohm on default sound profile , the new switch came in. got the iogear and plugged in a power source and nogo. so its not rhe tranceiver, power source. narrowed it down to the x7 or ps4, gonna have to find someones ps4 to test on or get a return on my x7

im using the limited edition x7 with the bigger power supply if that even makes a difference in this issue.
« Last Edit: 08:44 AM - 05/18/18 by supplice »

Offline Pravus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:14 AM - 05/21/18 »
I have an X7 but not setup like yours. It sounds like some kind of ground interference loop or something. Few things I would try:

1. Change where BT adapter is plugged into PS4.
2. Try a USB Hub/Switch.
3. Change where the X7 and PS4 are plugged into power. (New Power Strip)
     a. If available, might want to try a Battery backup, as they usually filter/clean dirty power)
4. New BT adapter.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:12 PM - 05/21/18 »
im using the limited edition x7 with the bigger power supply if that even makes a difference in this issue.
That may be the root of the problem. The only difference between vanilla and LE is the PSU.

You can try to pick up a replacement power supply, the big one is only needed if you're powering decent-sized unpowered (bookshelf?) speakers via the X7.

I have my vanilla X7 hooked up to Logitech Z5500 speakers via 6-channel direct and it peels the paint of the walls when unleashed.
« Last Edit: 07:16 PM - 05/21/18 by antithesis »