XIM Community

Does SA3 Support PS4 Pro?  (Read 868 times)

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
Does SA3 Support PS4 Pro?
« on: 09:37 AM - 12/07/17 »
Need to know because I am going to try Hoodlums Overwatch set up tonight and he states that he uses SA3, whereas I am currently using GOLD firmware.

Or will Hoodlums setup still work exactly the same for me using GOLD?

Hoodlums setup below.

IN GAME SETTINGS
AA - 100 (with linear it feels better to leave at max even for pharrah, but i don't play her a lot so you may want to mess around with AA for her and lucio)
Aim Smoothing - 0
AA Window 25
SENS - 100 for both
RAMP - Linear

XIM SETTINGS
FIRMWARE - SA03
ST - Console Controller Crossover
MOUSE DPI - 12k/1000hz polling no angle snapping
SENS - 9.5
BOOST - 0
STEADY AIM - Off
Y/X RATIO - 1.5

AND HERE ARE MY CURVES

I really didn't like the way boost cut off the beginning of the curve so I found some curves that have proven to work for me without boost.  I am posting all 3 since personal preference may differ.  Also remember to adjust sens to your liking since your mousepad/mouse may provide different results.

**MY SENS**
CURVE 1 SENS:  9.5
CURVE 2 SENS:  16.5
CURVE 3 SENS:  12

All curves use the same settings posted above.  The only thing that differs is the sens.

****CURVE 1****

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ESpDXHV9hY2VnZ2dnZ2enp6enp6f:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

http://imgur.com/a/hRl38

I have played around with linear quite i bit and this feels the best to me.  Great turn speed and precise accuracy with small mouse movements.

****CURVE 2****

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ERslLzlDTVdha3V/iZOdnZ2dnZ2d:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

http://imgur.com/a/6TQIY

I have shared settings with a few friends of mine and a couple (mind you this is at GM level) have said they really like the feel of this one.  It is the standard 8.5 curve with max turn speed cutoff.

****CURVE 3****

X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ESI0RVdoeoudnZ2dnZ2enp6enp6f:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

http://imgur.com/a/ibwnM

This curve, at first, felt really good but with my setup pulled slightly when trying to track.  In theory this is the 8.5 curve "henrylibre style."  It may work for others so I wanted to share.

Please keep in mind that sens is personal pref.  Please do not dismiss curves without adjusting the sens to your liking.  Typically what i do is adjust the sens til i hit my desired turn speed and then play with the curve for 1-2 hours.  Don't test this in training ground, but actually against real players.  You wont really know how good it feels until you do.  This is my personal experience, but i can attest the right way to test your curves.

Please make sure you guys keep posting your settings if you change things up.  This just helps the XIM users to get that much closer to finding the perfect setup for linear.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
Re: Does SA3 Support PS4 Pro?
« Reply #1 on: 01:21 PM - 12/07/17 »
I think Thereís something different about the X/Y scaling between the SA firmwares and the gold.  Maybe someone else can explain it better.  I just remember numbers like 125% vs 100%. Sorry I canít be more help.

Note: this has nothing to do with PS4 pro, AFAIK SA3 works on the pro.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 06:04 PM - 12/07/17 »
I think the PS4 Pro compatibility patch had to do with the new DualShock controller communicating over USB. If you have an older PS4 controller, SA3 *may* work fine on a PS4 Pro.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
Re: Does SA3 Support PS4 Pro? [OVERWATCH RELATED]
« Reply #3 on: 04:23 AM - 12/08/17 »
It's ok thanks for trying to help guys. I stuck with the GOLD firmware and these settings worked amazing still.

I have to say, Hoodlums set up with CURVE 1 feels amazing. It's hard to explain how it feels but it just makes the game more enjoyable to play using this setup.. the only character(s) it doesn't work with are Hanzo and Widow but I never play them anyway.

I'd recommend everyone to try it out.

Offline Migulin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:26 PM - 12/09/17 »
So does it support pro or not? And if it doesn't, how it shows in usage?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 07:49 PM - 12/09/17 »
If you use an older PS4 controller (without the visible LED through the touchpad) then yes, you can use SA3.
Just don't expect the SA firmware builds to be supported moving forward as they were only ever intended to be experimental.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Migulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:51 PM - 12/09/17 »
So I guess the floating feeling that I been having in mouse is because of using SA3 with pro controller. I'm gonna try my settings then with non-pro ps4 controller.

(Holy @#$% this posting verification is annoying, have to always answer the questions..)

Offline Barret

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xY_Barret_Yx
  • PSN ID: xY_Barret_Yx
« Reply #7 on: 05:50 AM - 12/18/17 »
SA3 works with ps4 pro, i have a scuff inifite  and new controller and both works well.