XIM Community

DOOM Config Question  (Read 585 times)

Offline qlive_nylyst

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: qlive_nylyst
DOOM Config Question
« on: 12:44 PM - 12/04/17 »
I am currently playing Doom with a mouse and keyboard via the XIM4 controller (actually, just set it up yesterday). I did not see a place where I could bind the weapon wheel to the mouse wheel up / down function. I would like to be able to bind the weapon wheel command to the click setting on the mouse wheel and then use the mouse wheel up and/or down to scroll through the weapons.

Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: DOOM Config Question
« Reply #1 on: 01:53 PM - 12/04/17 »
Welcome to the community. I believe this one has come up before on here (hopefully someone will comment about it). You will likely need to use one of our advanced features that enables the mouse to act like a joystick.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline qlive_nylyst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:12 PM - 12/04/17 »
Thanks for the welcome.

I searched for it here before posing my question. However, I probably did something wrong in the search.

Hopefully someone with the answer will chime in shortly.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12:50 PM - 12/05/17 »
I've never played this one. Can you tell us how the weapon works on a normal controller?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline qlive_nylyst

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:43 AM - 12/06/17 »
Sure thing...

On the XBOX One controller, if I press and release the right button (RB), it toggles between the last weapon used. If I press and hold the RB the weapons wheel appears. With the RB pressed and held, I then use the right stick (RS) to scroll through the different weapons.

Currently, my xim4 config setup is if I press and release the 'G' key on my keyboard, it toggles between the last weapon used. If I press and hold the 'G' key on my keyboard, the weapons wheel appears. With the 'G' key pressed and held, I then have to use the mouse itself to scroll through the weapons wheel.

What I would like to do is assign the mouse scroll wheel to these functions. Have the mouse scroll wheel 'click' feature toggle between the last weapon used. Pressing and holding the mouse scroll wheel 'click' feature would activate the weapons wheel. While pressing and holding the mouse wheel 'click' feature, use the mouse wheel scroll up and scroll down feature to cycle through the available weapons on the weapons wheel.

As an aside note, I am using a Logitech MK550 wireless mouse and keyboard combo.

I hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.
« Last Edit: 02:41 PM - 12/06/17 by qlive_nylyst »