XIM Community

In regards to COD WWII's look mech.  (Read 4045 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
In regards to COD WWII's look mech.
« on: 11:48 AM - 11/28/17 »
I'm having a hard time understanding what the issues are here. My AAA curve set works perfectly for this game, all you have to do is read and understand how to use it. You want less AA, turn up your sensitivity! You want more AA turn down your sensitivity!

If that curve set is too complex for you then take a basic acceleration curve (as mist has mentioned) like this.

It's very simple, just follow the same rule set. Raise sens = less AA, Lower sens = more AA.

Here's another very simple curve to make and use to help with AA. This is literally the grandfather of all Anti AA curves and has been used by many for Years and is very easy to reproduce. Thanks to Tuff, Toys and Three wheels on this one.

This is getting waaaay more complicated then it needs to be IMHO. There are some really strange curves popping up that literally make zero sense to me.

Peace!

Offline dbanks

• View Profile
Re: In regards to COD WWII's look mech.
« Reply #1 on: 12:07 PM - 11/28/17 »
Your curves work for me. Thanks

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
« Reply #2 on: 12:21 PM - 11/28/17 »
Or just increase your sensitivity by ~20% because that's pretty much what this curve does.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:46 PM - 11/28/17 »
Or just increase your sensitivity by ~20% because that's pretty much what this curve does.

The point of the Anti AA curve really is the ramp up. That's what breaks the AA bubble, assuming you're aim is relatively consistent and close to target. Other then that, you're correct which is why I keep preaching sensitivity adjustments.

Offline Kuzzad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:58 PM - 11/28/17 »
I'm having a hard time understanding what the issues are here. My AAA curve set works perfectly for this game, all you have to do is read and understand how to use it. You want less AA, turn up your sensitivity! You want more AA turn down your sensitivity!

If that curve set is too complex for you then take a basic acceleration curve (as mist has mentioned) like this.

It's very simple, just follow the same rule set. Raise sens = less AA, Lower sens = more AA.

Here's another very simple curve to make and use to help with AA. This is literally the grandfather of all Anti AA curves and has been used by many for Years and is very easy to reproduce. Thanks to Tuff, Toys and Three wheels on this one.

This is getting waaaay more complicated then it needs to be IMHO. There are some really strange curves popping up that literally make zero sense to me.

Peace!

Any way you could paste that curve code? Would like to try this on fortnite

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:22 PM - 11/28/17 »
Any way you could paste that curve code? Would like to try this on fortnite

Sry my XIM4 is packed away for shipping, I have no way to get the codes for you.

Offline dbanks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:36 PM - 11/28/17 »
Im using the curves RML has in the other thread that he posted. Codes are there.

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:13 AM - 11/29/17 »
RML

People aren't going to listen. They've gone mad. lol

I feel bad for a lot of the newer ximmers who are searching for a quick dirty fix and don't really understand what it is exactly they trying to fix.  Too much snake oil being sold with no explanation to back up the claims.   

I love freedom of information as knowledge is power however bad info is dangerous to those who don't seek knowledge only salvation.  I'm starting to question if all advanced info should be in it's own Advanced section on the forum with a "Warning". 

P.S. have a safe move
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Cooler Master MM710 16k @1000hz
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
Netduma to OpenWRT "Cake/PieceOfCake"
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:09 AM - 11/29/17 »

All "anti aim assist" curves are nonsense anyway. Let's take the curve above and say for a moment I use sensitivity 10. The curve will make my small movement act like I have sensitivity 12 and then even out down towards 10 later.

So I ask my self if cursor speed at sensitivity 12 helps me beat aim assist then why wouldn't I just use sensitivity 12 all along with a default linear curve? Right, I would.
« Last Edit: 09:19 AM - 11/29/17 by humanfemale »

Offline HeavyBarrel

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Awakened Void
« Reply #9 on: 09:34 AM - 11/29/17 »

All "anti aim assist" curves are nonsense anyway. Let's take the curve above and say for a moment I use sensitivity 10. The curve will make my small movement act like I have sensitivity 12 and then even out down towards 10 later.

So I ask my self if cursor speed at sensitivity 12 helps me beat aim assist then why wouldn't I just use sensitivity 12 all along with a default linear curve? Right, I would.

Yea but isnt the idea of using the curve to make low velocity movements of the mouse for micro movement and high velocity movements to be super quick? Or am I wrong?

Also just giving my 2 cents which is worth nothing, I feel this game is all fine honestly.
In the beginning my first set up with this game had Aim Assist Bubble hell, but my set up now got rid of that.
But now im going to try one more for fun since RML always uses 4000 DPI, i'm going to try that instead of my 1800 DPI see what happens with some other changes.

But other then that don't see what the problem is.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:08 AM - 11/29/17 »

Based on your response I doubt you're going to understand this, but I'll try. They say pic's are worth a 1000 words so here you go.

As stated before, overcoming the AA bubble effect is the purpose. And assuming you have a decent and consistent aim on or close to a target, then the highlighted "Ramp up" or "Acceleration" in the above pic will help you get on target without having to "push" as hard with your mouse when AA kicks in.

Why does this work? Because the AA "bubble" slows your cursor speed when you hit it. So if you're utilizing a little added acceleration when this occurs it will help you get on target without having to compensate as much with hand movement. Then it levels out so you don't over aim, which is probably the biggest problem people have with my other curve, due to the fact that it's much harder to control. Yet, more rewarding once you learn IMO.

And yes, this also helps with micro movements because you can lower your sensitivity and let the curve do the rest. I typically use curves that allow you to lower your "Base" sensitivity by atleast 5 at 4000 dpi. This means your micro movements are typically between 3-5 points slower then your fast movements, giving you better accuracy at range. I personally take this to another level with my AAA curve set that I use, which adds significantly more acceleration then this curve. The ADS curve I use allows me to cut my sensitivity by 1/4-1/2. That gives me significantly slower micro movements then fast movements. The flip side though is that there's alot of acceleration there that you have to learn to control. That is why I offered the curves in this thread, for those that can't or don't want to learn how to control the acceleration that I like to use.

Anyways, I'm not going to regurgitate any more in this thread. If anyone wants to debate curves and AA we can do it all day in my AAA thread. Where you can preach 1:1 movement is lost as soon as a curve is applied. Which BTW, is absolutely true. However it is also true that 1:1 movement is also lost as soon as AA kicks in. So what to do, what to do... simple answer that's up to user preference. And everyone is different.

IMO cranking up your sensitivity to overcompensate for the AA effect is nonsense because it often leads to over aiming. Especially when there are other alternatives that not only allow you to utilize AA more to your benefit, but also improve micro movements.

I do agree that everyone should start out WITHOUT Advanced Settings though. That should be the norm.

Yea but isnt the idea of using the curve to make low velocity movements of the mouse for micro movement and high velocity movements to be super quick? Or am I wrong?

You are right sir!

« Last Edit: 11:45 AM - 11/29/17 by RML »

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:45 PM - 11/29/17 »
I started to listen to RML back in Black Ops 3. I learned a lot.  RML doesn't just feed you he teaches you how to feed yourself.
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:49 PM - 11/29/17 »
You getting PUBG PUBzZz? I mean come on man, the game has your name all over it!

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:57 AM - 11/30/17 »
You getting PUBG PUBzZz? I mean come on man, the game has your name all over it!

Yes I plan on getting it just concerned it won't be officially supported with a ST.
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:16 AM - 11/30/17 »
It might not be at release but someone mentioned that the devs like to add a gun range. That could help with support.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos