XIM Community

iPhone X will not talk to XIM4  (Read 974 times)

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
iPhone X will not talk to XIM4
« on: 01:33 PM - 11/23/17 »
As the title says, I cannot get my iPhone X to ever pair up with my XIM4 via XIM Manager.  I have the latest version of XIM Manager, but I still have to use my iPhone 7 to connect to it.  It's not a deal breaker yet, but I won't always have the 7 so at that point it will be.  Both phones are running iOS 11 for what it's worth.

Anyone else having issues connecting to their XIM4 with an iPhone X?
« Last Edit: 02:53 PM - 11/23/17 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: iPhone X will not talk to XIM4
« Reply #1 on: 02:53 PM - 11/23/17 »
That's odd, we have tested with an iPhone X. We will check it again. Also, if anyone else has tried with an iPhone X, please let us know your experiences.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:48 PM - 11/23/17 »
I would check that Manager is fully closed on the iPhone 7. Disable bluetooth on the i7 to troubleshoot if necessary. If the connection on this phone is still up then you won't be able to connect to XIM4 using other devices.

Also, some iOS11 users are having to toggle airplane and bluetooth off then on in both iOS Settings and in Control Center.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:24 AM - 11/24/17 »
Well I know it wasn't related to the iPhone 7 because I didn't even have XIM Manager installed on that particular phone yet.  I had to install it so I could make a WWII profile.  My previous device has been turned off for weeks so I know that's not it either.  I'll try reinstalling the app and see if I have any better luck with it.

EDIT: No joy.  I put the iPhone 7 into Airplane Mode and made sure the app was completely closed.  Then I reinstalled the app on the X, toggled Bluetooth and Airplane Mode, and the XIM4 still just pulses blue to green every second or so while holding the Connect button.  This is not the red/blue/green pulse that indicates corrupt profiles -- red never comes up.  And as I said, the profiles work perfectly fine when paired with the iPhone 7.

I'm not sure what else to try, but for what it's worth, my X is the A1901 GSM model (D221AP board).  Maybe it uses different Bluetooth hardware than the one tested, as I know the A1901 uses an Intel chipset while the A1865 uses Qualcomm.  It's probably not related to that, but figured I would note it.
« Last Edit: 08:31 AM - 11/24/17 by [SCA]COBRA »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:49 AM - 11/24/17 »
That's odd, it should be working then. Let's see what Obsiv finds.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 12:49 PM - 11/24/17 »
We have an iPhone X but have no issue with it. I hope that others with it can comment here with their experiences so that we can track down this issue. As of right now, however, we can't reproduce the issue. :(

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:48 AM - 11/25/17 »
Do you have any other suggestions for me to try other than what I've done so far?  Also, does the blue/green flash indicate anything? I'm guessing that just means it's trying to connect.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11:20 AM - 11/25/17 »
Yes, green-blue means Bluetooth activity. Unfortunately we can't reproduce the problem so it would be helpful if someone else with an iPhone X could reproduce which will give us more data as to where to look for a fix.

Offline joshuajbrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:51 AM - 11/28/17 »
I have an iPhone X coming next week Monday and I will test it out and let you guys know.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 12:10 PM - 11/28/17 »
I have an iPhone X coming next week Monday and I will test it out and let you guys know.

Excellent, thank you!

Offline joshuajbrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:27 PM - 12/04/17 »
Got my iPhone X (Space Gray, 256GB, ATT) on iOS 11.1.2

Working fine with the XIM4 right out of the box, although I didn't set it up from scratch. When did the initial setup on the iPhone X, I restored all my apps and settings from my iPhone 7 backup.

Offline Barret

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xY_Barret_Yx
  • PSN ID: xY_Barret_Yx
« Reply #11 on: 02:04 AM - 12/05/17 »
xim 4 works perfect with my Iphone X, if u have issues to pair it with xim4 its normal if u already have paired with another device.....

u must DELETE THE APP/and reinstall it  and if still not work then restore xim 4 by default settings using lastest firmware, remember backup your confi and copy paste in icloud notes you entire profiles.

and remember check bluetooth in seetings AND control center (BOTH MUST BE ACTIVE) and keep pressing the xim4 buttom after open APP,

belive me i have done it lot of times.