XIM Community

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Post your settings.  (Read 14566 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2: Post your settings.
« Reply #15 on: 01:47 PM - 11/25/17 »
really confused about a good setup for starfighter mode. in terms of the directional movement for keyboard...  and any tricks that can be setup.

can someone please post a proper tutorial and/or pics of the xim setup, or post one to one what settings you are using for a pilot configuration tab in xim?

i cannot suss it out, and i cant control it via kb and mouse to begin with, so i have zero baseline of what feels good or the right direction to go in...

Stick to the controller man, it ain't that hard for flying / vehicles. Xim4 doesn't fair well for vehicles on console honestly..

I'm working on a Star Fighters setting to share with the community but I agree, controller is not that hard on flying if you put some hours you can do it, or in my case if you just can't or you want to avoid the hassle of switching controllers... suggest to wait. Hyperion made a great job with this mode but, it his hard to find a config that can suit most people.

Offline TurtleFence

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DryCrescent8933
« Reply #16 on: 01:25 PM - 11/26/17 »
Thanks for posting the starfighters curve Zationysk, I am currently testing this out.

I am just running the default settings in the new Battlefront 2 config, with a vehicles mode with sensitivity 100.

What do you guys put for the in-game settings "Stick Deadzone"?  I put this setting to 0%, should I have just left it at default?

Offline Voban

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vobam
« Reply #17 on: 10:25 PM - 11/26/17 »
What I used with swbf1

No experimental sa

HIP:
Sensitivity: 13.50
Boost: 0

Code: [Select]

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2ABUrQWuBkJyns73IyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

ADS:
ADS DELAY: 0
Sensitivity: 10.00
Boost: 0

Code: [Select]

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2ABEiNFRviaS3w8jIyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Best one i found  ;D

Offline Zationysk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:28 AM - 11/27/17 »
What do you guys put for the in-game settings "Stick Deadzone"?  I put this setting to 0%, should I have just left it at default?

21 is the default value that Mist recomend to use with the SWBF2 ST and that is what I have been using for everything.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #19 on: 09:25 AM - 11/30/17 »
The aiming acceleration in this game is dreadful. Anyone working around it, or just putting up with it? It feels terrible compared to Battlefield.

Dropping my ADS sensitivity seems to have helped.  Maybe its because Ive been using a hard pad, but I feel like I need to go way low with my ADS sens (5 @ 3200 dpi) in order to not fly past targets when Im trying to track/flick shot.
« Last Edit: 09:52 AM - 11/30/17 by Lineater »

Offline Voban

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04:07 PM - 12/17/17 »
Anyone have a setting for the AAT, speeder ?  :(

Offline TurtleFence

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:34 PM - 12/17/17 »
I have been having the best success with AAT and AT-ST in this game, easily getting 50+ kills on Kashyyk and Crait when I use the heavy armor.  I am just using the default ST with sensitivity at 100 for vehicles (with 2500 DPI mouse).  I'd like to get a better custom curve, but I'm not real sure I understand how to make one  :-\  Any forum posts exist that explain this well?

I'll go ahead and post my full current settings for this game.  I pretty much just got the XIM4 for this title on XBONE, I'm loving it (especially the new DLC map).

2500 DPI Logitech G300s mouse

Hip Sensitivity 22.5 - I am using the custom curve Voban posted earlier in thread
ADS Sensitivity 24 - Also using custom curve Voban posted
Vehicles Sensitivity 100
Starfighter Sensitivity 118 - I am using the custom curve posted by Zationysk earlier in thread

Vehicles mode is set to toggle with F1, I use this with AAT, AT-ST, AT-RT, and Airspeeder on Hoth (I find it works pretty well on the rare occasion I get a Airspeeder).

Starfighter mode is set to toggle with F2, I use this for all the Starfighters as well as the ski-speeder on Crait. 

I have turn assist set to space for both vehicles and Starfighters.

I am basically just getting the hang of Starfighters, but I think the curve from Zationysk is really helping out a lot.  I might adjust my Starfighter sensitivity upward as I get a better feel for it.

Offline TurtleFence

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:05 PM - 12/17/17 »
Also I have Aim Assist turned on, I feel like it helps when using the trooper classes and maybe the vehicles as well.  However, it seems really annoying when flying starfighters - I don't bother turning it off yet when I switch to flying starfighters yet, but I might have to start.

Offline TurtleFence

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:13 PM - 12/17/17 »
One other thing, in the in-game settings I have the Vehicle Response Curve and Starfighter Response Curve settings maxed out at 100%.  I think this setting is what they are calling the in-game sensitivity for vehicles/starfighters??  I'm not sure if others on this thread max these out, but I did anyway.

Offline Voban

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07:08 PM - 12/18/17 »
I have been having the best success with AAT and AT-ST in this game, easily getting 50+ kills on Kashyyk and Crait when I use the heavy armor.  I am just using the default ST with sensitivity at 100 for vehicles (with 2500 DPI mouse).  I'd like to get a better custom curve, but I'm not real sure I understand how to make one  :-\  Any forum posts exist that explain this well?

I'll go ahead and post my full current settings for this game.  I pretty much just got the XIM4 for this title on XBONE, I'm loving it (especially the new DLC map).

2500 DPI Logitech G300s mouse

Hip Sensitivity 22.5 - I am using the custom curve Voban posted earlier in thread
ADS Sensitivity 24 - Also using custom curve Voban posted
Vehicles Sensitivity 100
Starfighter Sensitivity 118 - I am using the custom curve posted by Zationysk earlier in thread

Vehicles mode is set to toggle with F1, I use this with AAT, AT-ST, AT-RT, and Airspeeder on Hoth (I find it works pretty well on the rare occasion I get a Airspeeder).

Starfighter mode is set to toggle with F2, I use this for all the Starfighters as well as the ski-speeder on Crait. 

I have turn assist set to space for both vehicles and Starfighters.

I am basically just getting the hang of Starfighters, but I think the curve from Zationysk is really helping out a lot.  I might adjust my Starfighter sensitivity upward as I get a better feel for it.

Really ? the default setting suck  :-X

Offline TurtleFence

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:44 PM - 12/20/17 »
Just realized I had my in-game zoom sensitivity set to 50%, I fixed that and then turned my ADS XIM sensitivity down to 10.5 and feel like I am getting better results.

The AT-ST and AAT are just so overpowered in this game, even without perfect control they just dominate.  I feel like the default aim control is not all that bad, even though it does feel awkward.  I don't really understand the ballistic curve and I haven't seen any good forum posts explaining it, so I haven't tried creating a custom curve yet.  I may try the curves posted here for Starfighter mode on the vehicles and see if I get any improvement.  But really I haven't been super motiviated to find a better curve for vehicles since I've had great success without any custom curve.

Offline Sceprent

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:30 PM - 10/27/19 »
Anyone come up with anything actually good? Iíve tried a lot of different settings. Not sure why youíd lower your dpi on a Xim, itís meant for high dpi itís not like a PC. Even 10,000 some people use makes it seem worse, on my G403 at 2000, 4000 itís incredibly inconsistent aim. I found that the ST is just plain wrong I think, you try making micro movements and it just wonít move. I found you have to lower the deadzone a bit cause what Iím experiencing w 21% deadzone is definitely not 1:1. It just wont move at first then moves too much.

Nothing I can get is as good as say bf4 though. Anyone find a trick or curve for this?
Itís like you have to push too much to get through the walking through mud (deadzone) then it moves fine. Especially youíll see when you try lining a 700m headshot. Goes from chest to one tiny micro-movement and it jumps all the way up to five feet above the head on the wall. And these bots in coop move like crazy so you have to be fast and precise, somethingís just missing from the default settings.