XIM Community

Fortnite Destroying Cod WW2 on Youtube  (Read 4076 times)

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
Fortnite Destroying Cod WW2 on Youtube
« on: 01:00 PM - 11/20/17 »
Was watching a few Gaming streams last night and I could not help but notice how low the WW2 stream numbers are.

WW2 is just weeks old and the most popular Gaming streams
on Youtube are Fortnite,StarwarsBF2 and PubG.

AlexRamiGaming playing on Fornite last night was getting 5 thousand+ views another streamer was getting 2 thousand and multiple others were pulling over a thousand viewers and that was just Fortnite on its own.
There was tons of people watching SW-BF2 and PubG too.

Cod is not getting anywhere near as much attention Its lucky to get one streamer with 900+views, Spanish youtuber Angelsaras is the only person to go over 1k views in the last few days one or two ww2 streamers managed to get a few hundred if they where lucky.

BrokenMachine is still pulling nearly a thousand views playing a now old BattleField 1 .

WW2 is getting blown out of the water. This is a complete disaster for Activision and its only going to get worse on the 12th of December.when PubG comes out on the Xbox .               

A quick look at youtube a moment ago and this is what i found...
Fortnite streams from popular youtubers that are  Live are Vikkstar123 9k views! AlexRamiGaming 6k views! Typical Gamer 6k! Avxry 1k and many others are doing OK too.

But the best WW2 can manage is a few hundred.WW2 is getting tanned Activision must be giving their underpants a brown veneer right now ha.
« Last Edit: 01:10 PM - 11/20/17 by MindControlZombies »
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: Fortnite Destroying Cod WW2 on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: 01:58 PM - 11/20/17 »
I mean, is there anyone who is interested in *watching* COD these days? I don't think the last few years have been super exciting for people to watch.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:08 PM - 11/20/17 »
I mean, is there anyone who is interested in *watching* COD these days? I don't think the last few years have been super exciting for people to watch.
I do I watch other people to learn how to do stuff
and other ximmers :)
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #3 on: 02:15 PM - 11/20/17 »
There are a lot of games I watch too, but I'd rather watch paint dry than watch COD.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cityfriedrice
« Reply #4 on: 02:47 PM - 11/20/17 »
You can't remove the original creators of the game and expect the game to continue being great.

I mean why would you want to watch cod Post MW2? You can't go deep into the spawn and wreck anymore..the spawns are flipping every 2 seconds..the game just isn't as fast as it was in MW2.

https://youtu.be/FDTRN0dpVtw?t=1m42s

the spawns would be all over the place in that video if it was a current game

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:05 PM - 11/20/17 »
Yeah its funny you should say that i was thinking a lot about it and cod in general last night and honestly
I think I only still play it to try and recreate the joy had on MW2
an mw3 it was miles better then what we have now.

I would rather play both of those remastered then any cod after them.

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:38 PM - 11/20/17 »
Santi Cant fault anything you said there agree with all of it but there is one more the audio it sounds like running in flip flops and the sound in genral needs looking at again, surround sound needs sorting.

Tbh I never watched that Alex one there was a lot of streams on :o ) it says the viewer number in recommended on my page:) A Canadian dude called nuddweiser11 is like that he reads out every message in the chat so he gets trolled a lot.
I feel a bit sorry for him sometimes but some of the trolling has been hilarious ;D
he either laughs at it or tells them off either-way its
rather funny and he's not bad at BF1 and BF4 :o )

Not heard of those guys you mentioned I'll check em out
 ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiCvVJzBupKl73xGqyIC7dNdxa5qixfaG

Loads of streams again tonight with loads of viewers
and again hardly any WW2 streams and not many viewers for them either (at the time of writing)

Offline JoTi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jo_Vogel_Snipez
« Reply #7 on: 01:16 AM - 11/21/17 »
So you watch on Youtube Live Gaming and not on Twitch?
Whats the reason for that?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 03:46 AM - 11/21/17 »
What's the common factor for the highest Twitch / YouTube streaming numbers? With few exceptions, it's free-to-play, microtransaction-fuelled, teaspoon-deep trash that rack up the biggest numbers and have the greatest longevity.

The numbers are big because the player pools are effectively infinite. Quantity does not equate to quality and the lowest common denominator will invariably go for the easiest and/or cheapest options.

Fortnite is a great example of both a fail-whale paid game and a raging free-to-pay success. You don't need much gameplay, just shoe-horn a Battle Royale mode onto a single map into a game sinking into oblivion and you've got a winning formula. As a game Fortnite is mediocre - would it have been anywhere near as widely-broadcast or successful if people had to pay for the BR game mode? Standards and expectations are higher when money is involved.

I've been watching Excessive Profanity talk his way through a NG+ run of Bloodborne, along with high hundreds to low thousands of other Twitch viewers and it's nothing short of engrossing. A thinking man's game, and gamer, if ever there was one.

Meanwhile a vapid titty streamer pretending to play one game of LoL every hour or so racks up a few K viewers every time she fires up a stream and inevitably blames everyone else on the team for the loss...another common factor among most top-rating Twitch games.

As for WWII, like Destiny 2, perhaps it simply lacks the replayability of its predecessors due to a lack of an end-game (grinding for gear, prestige etc). I haven't played WWII so I don't really know. In D2's case, it's dumbed down to cash in on the casuals, but it's backfired for the core gamers and streamers who embraced the grind and propped up the player-base. If there is no incentive to play the game, the player-base moves on and the game dies.

It's a catch-22 for game devs - they may the most money off the casuals in the first few weeks after release, and simplifying their games pretty much guarantees more sales. But it also guarantees a quicker death, unless they go free-to-play, which opens a whole other can of worms. I guess that doesn't matter much in an annual franchise, but for D2 and WWII to dive down the directories so quickly after launch is cause for concern.
« Last Edit: 04:49 AM - 11/21/17 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:06 PM - 11/21/17 »
Twitch is OK but I have not bothered with it as much since bo3 I tend to have more things I keep my eye on on youtube and its easy to switch between what i want to watch
and notifications are helpful, and I can network with people about hardware and software issues.

But yeah this thread is about youtube footfall for Fortnite vs call of Duty ww2 and all things said WW2 is not very popular even though its just come out even the awful Ali-A is playing fortnite because he knows times are changing.Titty streams ? you mean like cola head doomluckygirl? she plays cod btw, but yeah girly looking fortnite is really popular not just by a bit but its wiping the floor in stream footfall numbers plenty of guys are playing it and now cod is releasing guns coins/ pay2win supply drops I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

Destiny really isn't my cup of tea at all but the fact so many folk turned away from it so soon speaks volumes and the same thing is now happening to cod ww2.

Update just checked Twitch and 40thousand viewers are watching Fortnite vs 20thousand watching cod.

But on youtube its like far more heavy in fortnites favour like i said 1 fortnite streamer is getting more views then all the cod streams and there are a few fortnite streams doing that some are pulling close to 10k viewers at times cod cant manage 1k a lot of the time.
« Last Edit: 01:17 PM - 11/21/17 by MindControlZombies »

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:34 PM - 11/21/17 »
PUBG is going to absolutely destroy this game. Look at the dwindling views on cs:go, people used to watch tournaments or pros with a steady 100k viewers. Any popular tournament would have almost 100k viewers... sometimes 300k, now itís like 10-20k for dreamhack. This is a watchable game, cod isnít. I understand a lot of people who watch PUBG donít play it because itís PC, but my guess is theyíre waiting for it to come to console.

Fortnight looks kinda terrible. D2 got boring after about 30 hours, making it typical new game imo. Bf2 donít even get me started, I played for five minutes and decided it was top 5 worst fps games ever made. PUBG plays like cancer and itís literally the best thing out right now, the door is open for the perfect fps game to swoop in and take millions of players.

I agree itís a casual cash grab but d2 was addicting af for a while, then you get to the slow grind and the game gets extremely boring. The entire endgame is dragging people around who are bored out of their minds.

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:36 PM - 11/21/17 »
YouTube steaming will literally allow you to stream and promote hacks, donít support it.

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:41 PM - 11/21/17 »
Idk what the deal is with the question marks lol sorry

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:33 PM - 11/21/17 »
Youtube has to take care dodgy vids and copyright stuff so doubt they are too bothered about hacking,that's not going on any streams I watch
but you are right I ain't captivated by any of the current games and PubG is not for me either I don't like 3rd person tomb raider poopy games.

The most fun I have had lately was testing out stuff on BF1 cte till the early hours annoying the dice devs ha other then that its been a bit muuur really.

Yes gamings going backwards why cant they just make games like they used to but with better graphics? Its looking like I am going to be pinning all my hopes on Quake Champions saving the day ha 8)
Played quake 3 a gazillion times but I still love it I just hope they don't ruin the new one trying to be too modern with stuff just give us that arcade fps
madness with modern graphics and I'll be happy cant wait :)

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:23 AM - 12/03/17 »
I loaded up COD [email protected] recently on my Xbox X out of curiosity how it compares to WW2.

There were ca. 1200 ppl online, probably still more than COD Ghosts lol.

I didnt play online, just messed around in a custom game. Well first thing I noticed is how mich bigger the Field of View is in that game, compared to more recent cods. I could play WAW on a 28" monitor without a single issue, heck you could prolly play it even on a 32" display without priblems. While in the more recent cods I feel like the FOV is way too abysmal.

Other than that, waw is so much more atmospheric and more polished. It also has more weapons and maps than ww2. Plus the maps are actually good, not designed in a Ant-Farm way, where you constantly get shot in the back. And it only took 2 years to develop waw.

Much better game overall, Ill try to find some TDM lobbies and try to record a few rounds with xim4. Really atmospheric masterpiece game.

Ill be honest with you- if waw got Xbox X enhancement to render in native 4k and had active playerbase, Id be playing that game regularly and wouldnt gaf about ww2.. Heck- screw the 4k rendering, if it hadmore ppl playing it, Id be on that game too. On the Asus 4K monitor the game looks kinda ok for its age.
« Last Edit: 10:28 AM - 12/03/17 by Santigold »

Admin