XIM Community

Best Tracer config?  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Justaguy8790

• View Profile
Best Tracer config?
« on: 06:58 AM - 11/16/17 »
With all of the new Overwatch settings, Iím having a hard time finding the best Tracer config.  Anyone have a good one?

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
Re: Best Tracer config?
« Reply #1 on: 07:52 AM - 11/16/17 »
I was a Top 20 Tracer on Overbuff for Season 6, so I think I can give good advice.

I used the Linear Ramp setup. No fancy curve besides for the 12.0 curve required to run Linear properly on xbox (i think its 8 or 8.5 on ps4). If you don't know what I'm talking about with the curve required to run Linear properly, look up Linear Ramp Overwatch and a big thread should come up detailing what curve you need to run.

DPI: 12000
Sens: 11.2
No Steady Aim

In game sens: 100 100
Aim Smoothing: 0
Aim Assist: 100
Aim Assist Window: 0

This gives you about a 45 cm/360 on console with the 90 FOV that is unchangeable, which equals about 40.75 cm/360 on pc with the 103 FOV.  That is a very common lowish sensitivity that is used by a lot of great hitscan players including Dafran, AimbotCalvin, Zombs. Also a very similar sensitivity to IDDQD, EFFECT, fl0w3r, AKM, etc.

I'm not saying that you should identically copy pro players sensitivities, but they definitely found the zone of sensitivity that is comfortable and effective with playing hitscan like tracer, soldier and mccree.  This is a good place to start, slightly adjust the xim sens to find your personal sensitivity. good luck!

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
« Reply #2 on: 10:56 AM - 11/16/17 »
I was a Top 20 Tracer on Overbuff for Season 6, so I think I can give good advice.

I used the Linear Ramp setup. No fancy curve besides for the 12.0 curve required to run Linear properly on xbox (i think its 8 or 8.5 on ps4). If you don't know what I'm talking about with the curve required to run Linear properly, look up Linear Ramp Overwatch and a big thread should come up detailing what curve you need to run.

No Steady Aim

This gives you about a 45 cm/360 on console with the 90 FOV that is unchangeable, which equals about 40.75 cm/360 on pc with the 103 FOV.  That is a very common lowish sensitivity that is used by a lot of great hitscan players including Dafran, AimbotCalvin, Zombs. Also a very similar sensitivity to IDDQD, EFFECT, fl0w3r, AKM, etc.

I'm not saying that you should identically copy pro players sensitivities, but they definitely found the zone of sensitivity that is comfortable and effective with playing hitscan like tracer, soldier and mccree.  This is a good place to start, slightly adjust the xim sens to find your personal sensitivity. good luck!

I can second this. While I'm mostly a hitscan player, i do pick tracer from time to time when necessary. Linear feels really consistent on xbox, definitely give it a shot

Offline bbremges

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BREM15
« Reply #3 on: 12:21 PM - 01/31/18 »

No Steady Aim

This is great thanks. It has improved my accuracy for sure. But I am now having an issue with executing a 180 degree turn. I find myself having to pickup my mouse to complete one.  Any idea how I can fix this? I see the pros you listed have no trouble at all with this. They can turn on a dime it seems, but with this sensitivity it turns slow and requires me to lift my mouse to get a full 180.
« Last Edit: 12:26 PM - 01/31/18 by bbremges »