XIM Community

The Division: Config for Assault Rifles(No Input Lag/No Jitters)[UPDATED 9/5/18]  (Read 18450 times)

Offline DontWakeDad

• let him sleep
    • View Profile
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=69713.0

PREFACE
After playing The Division on the PC and coming back to console, I noticed a couple of things with the standard ST and custom STs that V3n0m and Sweet Evil have put out. I have tried all the configurations for this game and each one had its own strengths and weaknesses.

The Standard & V3n0m's Config: Works okay! I used V3n0m's for my healer build and it worked really well for precise movement and SMGs. But, when playing in PvP I had a couple of problems with these configurations.
The first is "Input lag", I believe this is from the Dead Zone. When you are aiming freely in the environment, it works nice. But once Aim Assist kicks in there's an aggressive "stuck-ness", with an AR it's impossible to control the recoil. In addition, this made it very hard to switch targets without "pop shotting" (going out of ADS, and back in ADS to trigger Aim Assist).

The second problem was "Desyncing". This happened when ADSing, rapidly moving the mouse back and forth when someone is strafing caused this strange effect when your mouse would keep going when you stopped moving it and the more it happened, the more your mouse would feel lagging behind. From all the posts about this, both of these have been mainly chalked up to the console's translation of the game. I've played with the controller, never had I had this effect. I believe this is due to the Dead Zone as well.

Sweet Evil's Config: I basically gave up trying to use KB&M with The Division in PvP until I saw Sweet Evil's configuration the other day. His config fixed both of the problems I was having with the default and V3nom's config. Setting the Dead Zone to 0 allowed me to control recoil and when rapidly moving the mouse, I didn't have the syncing issues. But, there were horrible "Jitters" when trying to move my mouse in small movements. It would move only in snapping "right angles" at slower speeds which killed the precision for me. In addition, this configuration still had that "stuck-ness" aim assist feel where mouse movement felt extremely inconsistent, you couldn't track a running target or switch targets mid-clip.

Well, after being intimidated by the ballistics ever since I've purchased the Xim... I decided that I wanted to try to create a custom configuration. I read up on RML's Advanced Settings "How To" Guides, I took a look at his curves for the anti-aim assist to get an idea of what it all means (THANK YOU, RML!). Then, I played around for hours trying to create a more 1:1 config.

PREVIEW

I've included two videos.
The first one is just chopped clips from a couple of solo games and the second is an entire solo Last Stand match to showcase how the settings work in entirety.
I wanted to point out a couple of things in the chopped up clips, showing what this configuration can do. Forewarning, I've only started playing shooter games on KB&M this year- only some months ago. My aim does not justify this configuration!

0:50-0:53 Shows the run tracking ability of this config, notice how the enemy player runs passed my ally and a car, yet I didn't have to change the pace of my mouse. This consistency allows for a lot more precision.
1:20-1:26 Shows me unloading an entire clip of my LWM4 with the targeting moving in and out of cover object and retaining stability the entire time.
1:38-1:42, 3:01-3:20 Shows enough responsiveness to track the roll, then target swap halfway through the clip.
4:07-4:28 Shows precision ability in small openings, headshot tracking moving target.
4:36-4:39 Shows Micro-movement of aiming at an npc behind cover.

CONFIGURATION
Mouse: G502
DPI: 3250
Polling: 1000

In-Game Settings
Sensitivity: 100
ADS Sens: 100
Dead Zone: 0

ADS:

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ABo4UF9vfIyetMjIyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Explanation: These settings are a bit in unconventional. This is to overcome the varying recoil and stuck-ness in the AA. I originally messed with the X/Y ratio to create a easier more consistent recoil pattern but it made the aiming very inconsistent where it would aim high/low off target and then aim slowly when on target.
The ADS is configured to a slower sensitivity, starts at 0 and then ramps up to 13, 28, 40. The 0 is set to keep a non-jittery movement at absolute minimum speeds. The 13 was my sweet spot for countering recoil. this is the first half of the clips. The 28 helped counter the recoil for the second half. The 40 jump allows for the "responsiveness", for changing targets mid clip or needing to pull down further mid clip when a target is going down steps or hopping over something.
The rest is an incremental increase of 7 sensitivity to allow for a quicker response than the overall lower sensitivity setting, this is to keep the aim slow when barely moving, but ramp up speed the more it's moved across for tracking running targets.

HIP:

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1AAoUHigyRlpugpagoKCgoKCgoKCg:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Explanation: This configuration is quite simple, it's a bit higher sensitivity. Allows for linear hip-firing and ramps up highly for when I'm moving my mouse across for turning. The end cuts off to "ride the turn limit" and works beautifully for 90 degree swipes. I've set the X/Y at .50 to keep my aim centered when moving around rapidly and quickly scoping in. What this does is make my X axis (turning) move twice as fast as my Y axis (looking up and down).

HAVE FUN & ENJOY!
« Last Edit: 08:22 PM - 09/05/18 by DontWakeDad »
Mouse: G502            Configs: The Division 2: Config for ARs/SMGs/Rifles/Shotguns
DPI:      3250                          

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. I just wanted to say that I love this type of post. High effort, informative, and easy to read. It reminds me of the XIM2 days. Thanks for taking the time to share what works best for you in a game where performance can be lacking. :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
Your hip curve looks really interesting...

You say "The end cuts off to "ride the turn limit" and works beautifully for 90 degree swipes."

What does this mean? Would it not ride the turn limit if it didn't stop 3/4 of the way up?

Would this curve work on a game like destiny?

Offline DontWakeDad

• let him sleep
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. I just wanted to say that I love this type of post. High effort, informative, and easy to read. It reminds me of the XIM2 days. Thanks for taking the time to share what works best for you in a game where performance can be lacking. :)

Thank you for the welcome and kind words, Mist. I've read a lot of your posts as well and I appreciate your effort in the community.

Your hip curve looks really interesting...

You say "The end cuts off to "ride the turn limit" and works beautifully for 90 degree swipes."

What does this mean? Would it not ride the turn limit if it didn't stop 3/4 of the way up?

Would this curve work on a game like destiny?

My idea behind this is: pick up the controller and flick the stick to the right and let it automatically flick back to the center. Notice how it's a "snapping" turn? Now flick it to the right and manually bring it back to the center. Notice how it flicks and then gradually turns until returning to the center again? That's ideally what I was trying to emulate. It's for a quick flick (movement) with a bit of precision momentum at the end for aiming.
Turning at max speed consistently would still ride the turn limit if it was maxed out, but it's much more snappy. This allows for precision "riding" when my turn is ending. It doesn't allow for flick 180s or anything different, just smoothening the turning so it's not so snappy at the end. Allows me to adjust aim and ADS quicker. This was mainly for The Div strafing where you are typically looking 90 degrees to the left or right before and have to "snap aim" at them. (watch first 20secs of first video to get an idea of what I mean)
None the less! Sure, it would work for destiny.
Mouse: G502            Configs: The Division 2: Config for ARs/SMGs/Rifles/Shotguns

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
My idea behind this is: pick up the controller and flick the stick to the right and let it automatically flick back to the center. Notice how it's a "snapping" turn? Now flick it to the right and manually bring it back to the center. Notice how it flicks and then gradually turns until returning to the center again? That's ideally what I was trying to emulate. It's for a quick flick (movement) with a bit of precision momentum at the end for aiming.
Turning at max speed consistently would still ride the turn limit if it was maxed out, but it's much more snappy. This allows for precision "riding" when my turn is ending. It doesn't allow for flick 180s or anything different, just smoothening the turning so it's not so snappy at the end. Allows me to adjust aim and ADS quicker. This was mainly for The Div strafing where you are typically looking 90 degrees to the left or right before and have to "snap aim" at them. (watch first 20secs of first video to get an idea of what I mean)
None the less! Sure, it would work for destiny.

I'm not sure I understand this but I'll give it a go and feedback, thanks for your explanation.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Recoil's a hot mess in The Division using a Xim, with the exception of SMGs which are really easy to handle.

I'll give your config a try and report back.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline DontWakeDad

• let him sleep
    • View Profile
Recoil's a hot mess in The Division using a Xim, with the exception of SMGs which are really easy to handle.

I'll give your config a try and report back.

I'm curious how it works out for you! I've used it with the LOVA, LWM4 and even the Bullfrog and it can counter recoil on all of those quite well for me.

Offline kikigigi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kikiraikkonen
como puedo hacer esa curva?algun video tutorial? gracias

Offline DontWakeDad

• let him sleep
    • View Profile
como puedo hacer esa curva?algun video tutorial? gracias

copy entire code text under picture, paste into your config by pressing the box with a downward pointing arrow.
///

copie todo el texto del cůdigo debajo de la imagen, pegue en su configuraciůn presionando la casilla con una flecha hacia abajo.
///

Offline Dukester

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dukester
  • PSN ID: Duke Ster
Awesome advice! Thanks
I see you have the G502, do you also have the G13.
I have that setup on a ps4 and I am struggling with the setup and mapping.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Offline DontWakeDad

• let him sleep
    • View Profile
Awesome advice! Thanks
I see you have the G502, do you also have the G13.
I have that setup on a ps4 and I am struggling with the setup and mapping.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

I do not have a G13, sorry...
What are you struggling with? I noticed in the other thread you were talking about the movement keys. If you want to bind the G13 movement keys to XIM, just expand the "Keyboard" section and bind your G13 keys by replacing W,A,S,D.

Offline Dukester

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dukester
  • PSN ID: Duke Ster

[/quote]

I do not have a G13, sorry...
What are you struggling with? I noticed in the other thread you were talking about the movement keys. If you want to bind the G13 movement keys to XIM, just expand the "Keyboard" section and bind your G13 keys by replacing W,A,S,D.
[/quote]

I got it to work. Thanks. Now I want to give your settings a try. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
Dude !!! Thanks so much for this Iím def going to try this out !!! There is so much input lag in this game itís crazy plus the game is just in a bad state with lag all around lol some times the input lag is so bad it litterly fills like Iím shooting rubber bullets and doing no damage at all but thatís mostky servet side cause I def know itís not my NET cause I have fiber optic connection !! I also see from ur video ur movement & ADSĒing so much more fluent with ur config plus ur recoil from ur m4 from ur config looks very manageable Iíve come to the conclusion I have been putting Stabilty mods on my gun just to try manage the recoil but my gun still jumps like crazy with like 60% stabilty maybe itís the input lag dim the Xim4 Iím not shure havenít been to find the answer !! But I will try ur config and tell ya what I think !!! Thanks again

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
Was curious to if this config would work on the XB1 ? Just asking but I donít see why it wouldnít work ...

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
Anyone tried this? I'm thinking about getting back into the division as there is a major division update coming out soon (It could be out I dunno)

Anth? You tried it yet?

Admin