XIM Community

WW2 tracking difficulty  (Read 1180 times)

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Gimard_
WW2 tracking difficulty
« on: 01:17 AM - 11/15/17 »
Since I've switched over to cod ww2 I've noticed I'm having the hardest time tracking targets wether moving or stationary. I have aim assist disabled, however the issues feels like I have AA slowdown on and Im having to fight though some barrier when moving my sights to a enemy. The only way I'm able to track targets is having AA rotation on :(. The last 2 cods felt great but this one is just way off it seems.

I've tried other ST's and dpi/sens combinations but to no avail. Anyone experiencing this? I don't have any fancy curves or settings just trying to keep as close to 1:1 as possible. I'd appreciate any feedback if anyone can help.

Also, I use a death adder elite and an aluminum pad if that helps, thanks.

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
Re: WW2 tracking difficulty
« Reply #1 on: 05:43 AM - 11/15/17 »
turn aim assist on and find a setup that works for you.
id recommend using a steady aim firmware aswell (SA3 works best for me)
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=51992.0

u want to be able to utilize aim assist since thats what will help you stay on target.

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:06 AM - 11/15/17 »
That's what I would prefer not to do as I'm primarily a PC player but if I have to suffer with AA to enjoy some cod I guess I'll try and find a decent setup
« Last Edit: 08:22 AM - 11/15/17 by 02wrx »

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:10 AM - 11/17/17 »
Think Ive figured out a solution. I hadn't tried the mwr st until just a bit ago, and sure enough I immediately noticed I can track much more consistently without aim assist enabled. I don't know if it's because I'm so accustomed to it or what but it feels more snappy and responsive compared to WW2 st which I find to be a bit on the floaty side.

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:04 PM - 11/17/17 »
Update #2

My death adder elite took a dump today. It looks like I have the dreaded double click on 3 buttons. Of course it happens alittle under a month past my return window. So I dug up my good ol g303 switched st to WW2 from mwr and the aiming feels much better. My initial issue felt something like aim resist, when playing with AA disabled. Tho I guess other players are experiencing similar things, maybe it's something that can be fixed. However the look/aim feels nice n responsive now  ??? Maybe WW2 likes the 3366 sensor more than the DAE sensor. Does this make sense to anybody?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:21 PM - 11/18/17 »
In my experience logitech sensors seem to always have an edge over razer sensors. The 3366 is a great sensor and I've always been happy with it's tracking ability.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 05:57 PM - 11/18/17 »
Pixart sensors are typically the most reliable way to go for Xim gaming. 3310, 3360, 3366 (Logitech variant) and 3389 (Razer variant in some new mice) optical sensors all feel fantastic and beat the pants out of older Razer mice.

I used a string of Razer mice including Ouroboros, Naga Lefty, Orochi, Deathadder Lefty etc on multiple generations of Xim before switching to the G303. It was instantly night and day in terms of accuracy and responsiveness. Every Logitech gaming mouse from the last year or two uses either the 3360 or 3366 and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Zowie mice are great too and they use the older 3310 sensor. It's every bit as good as the 3360 on a Xim.

Avago 9800 laser sensors are also very responsive, so don't dismiss them. The general advice is to steer clear of laser sensors, but the 9800 is crispy on a Xim.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:42 AM - 11/20/17 »
Pixart sensors are typically the most reliable way to go for Xim gaming. 3310, 3360, 3366 (Logitech variant) and 3389 (Razer variant in some new mice) optical sensors all feel fantastic and beat the pants out of older Razer mice.

I used a string of Razer mice including Ouroboros, Naga Lefty, Orochi, Deathadder Lefty etc on multiple generations of Xim before switching to the G303. It was instantly night and day in terms of accuracy and responsiveness. Every Logitech gaming mouse from the last year or two uses either the 3360 or 3366 and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Zowie mice are great too and they use the older 3310 sensor. It's every bit as good as the 3360 on a Xim.

Avago 9800 laser sensors are also very responsive, so don't dismiss them. The general advice is to steer clear of laser sensors, but the 9800 is crispy on a Xim.

with logitech mice and a soft mouse pad, is 12000 dpi the best dpi? or should i chose something lower?