XIM Community

Pre-order or pre-reserve?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline hudson

• View Profile
Pre-order or pre-reserve?
« on: 11:16 PM - 06/15/08 »
I know you guys just started beta testing and hammering on the xim2 for issues and fixes, but I was wondering:

Is there a list one can get on to pre-buy, or get in line for when they get released? I couldn't find anything about this on the forums, sorry if its a old question.

I was about to order the stuff to build one of the xim1 things, but then I came across this site. better product, better results, less crap to buy? Count me in!

I'm beyond thrilled about this, I'm like so many others lamenting how utterly lame thumbsticks are and how horrible they are to play with, and I even have gaming buddys who swear up and down 'thumbsticks are better, i could 0wn you over a mouse any day' (no, i'm not kidding, they believe this.), not only am i wanting to end this age old argument once and for all, But i'm really looking forward to jumping right into a game and actually ENJOYING it instead of grumbling about how much I hate thumbsticks the whole time.

Seriously, with how goofy and fubar controllers are these days, you would think they could at least replace one of those stupid thumbsticks with a small trackball at the very least.

you guys are saviors, now how and where and when can i send my money for a pre-order or put a hold on a unit? I don't wanna miss out on generation one of such an awesome piece of hardware. Is there a waiting/signup list anywhere I failed to find at least?

Thanks again forall the awesome hard work you guys are doing on the controller revolution.

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
Re: Pre-order or pre-reserve?
« Reply #1 on: 11:41 PM - 06/15/08 »
great question, although the admins have already said no to this(i cant remember where) but time has passed.

Also, admins/high up people, can I get into soem testing too? I have every operating system out now and before(64 bit too) and can test different conditions/anything you guys cant test. BTW: I will pay for mine.

Offline hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:55 PM - 06/15/08 »
Ah, crap. :(

I hope they don't come out next month or something, I'm gonna be stuck out of town most of the time, and last time I found something this cool, they only did /one/ volly, and never made or sold anymore, now i'm paranoid very time i find cool homebrew-gone-pro style stuff that i'm gonna miss out.  :o

Offline miraged

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:24 AM - 06/16/08 »
As far as I know there currently is no preorder list. The devs are still working hard on XIM2 so they are more busy with that.

@xSir Nubx Betatesters have been choosen (Nick).

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:53 AM - 06/16/08 »
As far as I know there currently is no preorder list. The devs are still working hard on XIM2 so they are more busy with that.

@xSir Nubx Betatesters have been choosen (Nick).

Yeah, I know, it was worth a try though. :P

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:08 AM - 06/16/08 »
I know everyone is excited about x2, me included. However, as far as the timeline for release - nothing has been set.... Quality, ease of use and accessibility among other things have to be met to bring everything together. I am working very closely with the xim team on all levels and I can guarantee you that the level of detail in this project is IMMENSE. It's really a joy to experience all of this, and I hope to have something to share with you in the next week or two in terms of video, posting or other media. I thought about doing a podcast for updates as a quick way to let people what's going on in the world of Xim. Some stuff to think about I guess.

Anyway, that's what I got to say about that. Hah.
« Last Edit: 12:28 PM - 06/17/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:35 PM - 06/16/08 »
Hey nick! Some guy just gave me this gold bar and said to deliver it to you by hand, can i have your home address and what hours you will be home so i can  bring it by?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:58 PM - 06/16/08 »
Hey nick! Some guy just gave me this gold bar and said to deliver it to you by hand, can i have your home address and what hours you will be home so i can  bring it by?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol. I have a funny story about that, well kinda funny in a non haha kind of way. I knew this guy who was a co owner of a jewel store, and his partner played a prank on him using one of the employees. Basically, he had 5 gold bars in the safe room and the other guy purposely "misplaced" one and swore there was only 4 when there was 5. Anyway, he freaked out and took it WAY too seriously and then called the cops and what not and he (the guy who had the joke played on him) fired the employee (who helped pull the prank). Long story short, he got his job back but I said to myself "HOW RETARDED ARE YOU? WHAT DID YOU THINK HE WAS GOING TO DO, JUST LAUGH IT OFF?" lol.

Good ol' gold bars, great for your favorite gags - buy one today it's the new "GOLD BAR GAG BAG"

Haha?

Anyway - I am in a secret location strategically placed within the earths land's on a mystery land.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:17 AM - 06/17/08 »
Its my new quest now to find nickstudy, infiltrate his fortress(home), and steal the XIM2, without getting banned from the forums. This is truely mission impossible.

Offline MrFresh

• Vigilo Confido
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrFresh KC
« Reply #9 on: 11:55 AM - 06/17/08 »
Its my new quest now to find nickstudy, infiltrate his fortress(home), and steal the XIM2, without getting banned from the forums. This is truely mission impossible.

Jus leave some pancakes on his doorstep, your sure to win.  :P

Offline Svyline

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:14 PM - 06/17/08 »
just bring snake along with you equip'd with his octocamo :D

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:47 PM - 06/17/08 »
I want to use stealth camoflauge not Octocamo. Its easier with stealth. I once got 100% blue camoflauge with octocamo in some grass.

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:29 PM - 06/20/08 »
yeah I hope it doesn't come out too soon either, I'm going to be gone for the entire month of July abroad. I'm gonna make a post next week for reference purposes and to ask the devs to hold onto one of the pre-made units for me until August (if possible).

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:53 PM - 06/20/08 »
*thinks about all this*

Hey nick! TAKE YOUR TIME ;) proper testing takes at /least/ a month! ;)

*throws on his body armor, helmet, and runs like hell from everybody else*  ;D ;D ;D