XIM Community

Stupid Question  (Read 299 times)

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
Stupid Question
« on: 01:12 PM - 11/09/17 »
So the SandhawC is designed to transfer the kb/mouse FROM pc TO XIM,  Could this not be reversed in software to do the opposite?  I would think it would be closer to a 1:1  relationship for the Xim4 and the PC Input would be less apparent since it's not being used, in my case, for twitch style movements.  I just like to surf in between matches and make on the fly changes to the Ximcommander.  Like I said, stupid question.  In my head I am seeing s/w that creates the effect of a s/w switcher built into the XIM vs the PC.  I asked the same question over at T2 forums and they had a hard time understanding my question. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Stupid Question
« Reply #1 on: 02:18 PM - 11/09/17 »
I confirm your ask, you'd like to use your XIM4 with mouse and keyboard connected to it to game on your console but have another connection between your XIM4 and PC so that you can use your mouse and keyboard on your PC through your XIM4. Is that correct?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:32 PM - 11/09/17 »
I confirm your ask, you'd like to use your XIM4 with mouse and keyboard connected to it to game on your console but have another connection between your XIM4 and PC so that you can use your mouse and keyboard on your PC through your XIM4. Is that correct?

correct.  is this already possible?

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:53 PM - 11/13/17 »
This did work.  I had a 2.0 Hub on port 1 and had the transfer cable on port 2.  I was successfully using the mouse and keyboard that is plugged into the hub then into the Xim4 and switching back and forth with SandhawC 1.5 to control my PC, the problem is the input lag is still present.  Is there anyone NOT having any difference of input delay between using SandhawC and having the mouse and keyboard directly on the Xim?  What could I tweak settings wise to make it feel more precise?  would turning off mouse acceleration help?  My PC only uses 5-10% max while running SandHawC.