XIM Community

Question about the use of the 360 Controller for XIM2  (Read 4403 times)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the use of the 360 Controller for XIM2
« Reply #15 on: 10:43 AM - 06/20/08 »
THE SAITEK CCU? I have one of those it rocks!! I am still waiting for xim2 so for now I have been getting used to it on PC. its upped my game already in UT3. started playing with the programming last night. only problem is the mini stick seems loose so i just push it all the way forward till it wedges in and doesn't wiggle too much. I may just try returning it and getting another.

Spring mod. Take it apart and put a different spring in it, if you mess up then just take it back hee hee.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #16 on: 10:46 AM - 06/20/08 »
THE SAITEK CCU? I have one of those it rocks!! I am still waiting for xim2 so for now I have been getting used to it on PC. its upped my game already in UT3. started playing with the programming last night. only problem is the mini stick seems loose so i just push it all the way forward till it wedges in and doesn't wiggle too much. I may just try returning it and getting another.

Spring mod. Take it apart and put a different spring in it, if you mess up then just take it back hee hee.

Although we do not condone this, the fact remains that some stores have some very interestingly loose return policies. Walmart, Costco, and Target in particular.  ;D

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:37 AM - 06/20/08 »
Thanks NIck, I will try to pop it open when I get home, the thumb screw gets tighter that Dicks hatband, but the stick still feels loose. what am I looking for in there or will it be really obvious when I open it up?
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #18 on: 11:55 AM - 06/20/08 »
Thanks NIck, I will try to pop it open when I get home, the thumb screw gets tighter that Dicks hatband, but the stick still feels loose. what am I looking for in there or will it be really obvious when I open it up?

I had to take a pair of pliers to mine... do not over-tighten as parts of the pressure lock and screw hole are plastic.

Offline MrFresh

• Vigilo Confido
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrFresh KC
« Reply #19 on: 12:00 PM - 06/20/08 »

Although we do not condone this, the fact remains that some stores have some very interestingly loose return policies. Walmart, Costco, and Target in particular.  ;D

I work at walmart, i always see items that dont even belong to my store. Like street fighter anime movie that clearly had Best Buy logo on the front cover.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:07 PM - 06/20/08 »

I work at walmart, i always see items that dont even belong to my store. Like street fighter anime movie that clearly had Best Buy logo on the front cover.

Lol, bestbuy. That's funny they didn't notice. Hahahahah.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01:37 PM - 06/20/08 »
A small tutorial with pictures would be awesome...if anyone wants to do it....? (Hint, hint) I'm not inclined to take apart controllers...because everytime I have they never work the same. Tried it on original xbox controllers and both never functioned the same. So...skag...maybe if you're going to do it...u can take some pics and post them, also what type of spring do we need & where do we get it? Thanks to all!

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:21 PM - 06/20/08 »
A small tutorial with pictures would be awesome...if anyone wants to do it....? (Hint, hint) I'm not inclined to take apart controllers...because everytime I have they never work the same. Tried it on original xbox controllers and both never functioned the same. So...skag...maybe if you're going to do it...u can take some pics and post them, also what type of spring do we need & where do we get it? Thanks to all!

Yes, if someone else wants to tackle this project - go right ahead!

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:27 PM - 06/20/08 »

What kind/sort of spring? does a spring help hold whatever sort of clamp is there to grip the mini stick area?
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:08 PM - 06/22/08 »
What is the difference between the "Saitek Cyborg Command Unit" and the "Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit", other than appearance?

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:30 PM - 06/22/08 »
according to the saitek website a few "under the hood tweaks" whatever that means
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:45 PM - 06/23/08 »
Sorry guys I hate to let everyone down, but I decided to exchange the ccu at best buy for another one this one is much better. BTW does anyone know how to use the thumb-stick for analog movement in UT3 PC version? right now I have it banded to wasd, but was hoping for true analog function.
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 05:33 PM - 06/23/08 »
Sorry guys I hate to let everyone down, but I decided to exchange the ccu at best buy for another one this one is much better. BTW does anyone know how to use the thumb-stick for analog movement in UT3 PC version? right now I have it banded to wasd, but was hoping for true analog function.

How is it better?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline tonelab77

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:07 PM - 06/23/08 »
Yeah how is it better? Did you not exchange it for the same one?

My friend wants to get the saitek pro gamer command control unit, and I can't recommend it because I have the cyborg command unit. If anyone here knows of a technical difference, please tell me. I would start a new topic, but I don't want to clog up the board.

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:23 AM - 06/24/08 »
Sorry, when I said "much better" I meant that I had exchanged it for one without the wiggles.

All I could find on the saitek forums as far as actual differences between the pro gamer/cyborg command besides cosmetic was a Saitek rep mentioning "under the hood tweaks" I know, very vauge but that was all I could find. some users have speculated that the "tweaks were to clear up somr key ghosting issues. Still waiting for XIM2 to give you the real updates on it's use. So far I have been using it to play UT3 on the PC. I have been playing single player campaign and have had to turn the bots up twice so far 1 thumb is better that 3 fingers for movement have done a few macros for attack/cover me, as well as dodge and double jump it does make driving the vehicles allot easier.
PHD in Teledildonics