XIM Community

New Idea to get XIM2 to work with PS3.  (Read 3689 times)

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
Re: New Idea to get XIM2 to work with PS3.
« Reply #15 on: 03:37 PM - 06/18/08 »
Back to the topic of my idea. You guys think its never going to work?
Same time I bought mine. I have 60 gig with 4 usb ports. Zero issues so far. I love that thing too lol

Offline a2sdu75

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:03 AM - 07/01/08 »
so Derek its confirmed that we'll never play XIM 2 with a PS3?
there is any mean?
or u will work it after 360 project

sorry for my bad english...

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:33 AM - 07/01/08 »
Anything is possible. I haven't looked around much, but I wonder if there is a xbox 360 controller to ps3 adapter.

*Edit, I was just trolling around and I found JACK Hanky Spanky. Once Xim360 gets out I am sure the ps3 people will get a hold of it and will somehow make it work as they did for the Xim 1, although I am not sure if it's even possible... Sure the Xim 1 just needed an adapter the first time around, However I do not know if it's possible or how one would do it this time.

Ahh the possibilites.
« Last Edit: 10:36 AM - 07/02/08 by nickstudy »
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline a2sdu75

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:46 PM - 07/01/08 »
ok thanks nickstudy.
i think it will be possible me too.but i want to buy XIM 1 and i dont know if XIM 2 is not ready yet.and we dont know when it will be working.do u think XIM 2 will work at summer?
because we said it will work on may but today is still the beta version

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:38 PM - 07/01/08 »
ok thanks nickstudy.
i think it will be possible me too.but i want to buy XIM 1 and i dont know if XIM 2 is not ready yet.and we dont know when it will be working.do u think XIM 2 will work at summer?
because we said it will work on may but today is still the beta version

I cannot offer any timelines or any estimation on the subject of release dates. The May release was for the beta product that was hand built by derektm for the beta team. The unit has been put through many tests and has so far surpassed everything easily. There are items under discussion at the moment and everything is moving along nicely. I'll leave it to Obsiv or Derektm to comment into further detail on this one.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
« Reply #20 on: 06:29 PM - 07/01/08 »
Nick your just giving false hope. XIM 2 will not work with the PS3.

Offline SkItZo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:22 AM - 07/02/08 »
Are there plans to adopt the XIM2 to PS3 by any chance Derektm? (Of course i mean after XIM2 has been launched etc)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:40 AM - 07/02/08 »
Nick your just giving false hope. XIM 2 will not work with the PS3.

As I said, I don't know if it would work or if it's even possible.... I can still see some group of mad scientists trying to get it to work regardless if someone says it won't work.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:02 PM - 07/02/08 »
All we need is a 360 to ps3 adapter and thats all for this current xim2.
Unless ofcourse there is a ps3 version with doesnt use the 360 controller pcb and the output is made to a ps2 connector like xim1

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:18 PM - 07/02/08 »
All we need is a 360 to ps3 adapter and thats all for this current xim2.
Unless ofcourse there is a ps3 version with doesnt use the 360 controller pcb and the output is made to a ps2 connector like xim1

It's not that simple and I've stated before and so has the rest of the Xim team that there is a extremely strong possibility that this won't work. However, mad scientists will not be stopped by that notion so they will try anyway, which I suppose is the pursuit to make something work that someone has said won't. :)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:38 PM - 07/23/08 »
I'm going to side with derek on this one.  Even though what you're saying is possible, nickstudy, it's highly unlikely.  If mad scientists were to make it work on a PS3 the only way I would see it happening is if they made an XBOX 360 > PS3 adapter (which is just another product consumers would have to buy, also defeating the purpose of making the XIM2 work with the PS3) or if $ony added support for XBOX 360 controllers, which I also doubt would happen.

In reality, "mad scientists" can not efficiently make the XIM2 work with a PS3 as is, it would take a separate device and someone who really knows their way around both PS3 and Xbox controllers.

Of course, though, there are controller converters for almost every major console, and seeing as the 360 controller is infinitely better than the six axis, and every controller includes rumble I don't see why sometime in the future somebody would attempt to make a controller adapter 360 > PS3.  Although it's not as easy as it used to be, the XFPS's validation method is proof.  So while it's not completely hopeless, it's unlikely.  Don't get your hopes up too high, because it might just not happen.