XIM Community

New to XIM4. Looking for information!  (Read 563 times)

Offline Xero8

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Exer0TV
New to XIM4. Looking for information!
« on: 01:45 AM - 10/16/17 »
Hello all, I'm relatively new to the console scene and I just can't get a grasp of the controller. I've played PC for as long as I can remember and at I'd say a high level of play.

IE:
High Masters and GM in Overwatch
GE in CSGO
Top 1000 in the world in PUBG

I'm just wondering if I'll be able to basically make the XIM4 relatively close to the feel of how my PC feels. I tend to play at a DPI of 800 and really low Sensitivity. I'm talking a solid 1.5sens in CSGO and a 5 in OW.  PUBG default essentially is fantastic.

I'm mostly wanting to do this because of the new CoD WW2 all my friends own consoles and are getting it and I'd love to play with them. But every time I use a controller I feel so useless in Mid-Long range gun battles and I can't 'turn' fast enough if someone gets behind me on console lol. I own CoD AW so I'd be using that to test settings seeing as I've read there won't be any WW2 profile on night of release. I have a feeling I'm going to need to fiddle around a lot when and if I pick one up!

But yeah end scope is to use it to feel comfortable when I play. And just be able to enjoy not getting absolutely rekt all the time.

Also I'm told I can turn off AA in CoD games so idk if that'll help or not.
« Last Edit: 12:16 PM - 10/16/17 by Xero8 »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM4 Questions and Info
« Reply #1 on: 09:11 AM - 10/16/17 »
I'm mostly wanting to do this because of the new CoD WW2 all my friends own consoles and are getting it and I'd love to play with them.

Welcome to the community. This is one of the main reasons for PC gamers to want to play on console and get a XIM.

The most important thing to understand is that shooters on consoles feels different than on PC. Console shooters have a turn speed limit that depends on the game you are playing. This is why a low DPI mouse (such as 800) may not be suitable given that there is a limit to how fast you can move your mouse to turn. This may be less of a problem for you on CoD, but, more on Overwatch.

Hopefully someone with experience with low-DPI mice can comment and provide guidance and expectations.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Xero8

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Exer0TV
Re: XIM4 Questions and Info
« Reply #2 on: 10:35 AM - 10/16/17 »
I'm mostly wanting to do this because of the new CoD WW2 all my friends own consoles and are getting it and I'd love to play with them.

Welcome to the community. This is one of the main reasons for PC gamers to want to play on console and get a XIM.

The most important thing to understand is that shooters on consoles feels different than on PC. Console shooters have a turn speed limit that depends on the game you are playing. This is why a low DPI mouse (such as 800) may not be suitable given that there is a limit to how fast you can move your mouse to turn. This may be less of a problem for you on CoD, but, more on Overwatch.

Hopefully someone with experience with low-DPI mice can comment and provide guidance and expectations.

Yeah I mean it's not the biggest issue to play on a higher sens. It just feels more awkward for me lol. So if any of you folk have experience playing with a XIM4 on a lower sens I'd love to hear your output.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New to XIM4. Looking for information!
« Reply #3 on: 01:45 AM - 10/18/17 »
Your sens is high by CS pro standards. I'm more then half that sens and have no issue at all. Having more space can help as you'll use more at the same pc cm/360 due to slow down aim assist. Other then that is business as usual.

I play xim at pc equivalent of 1.48 sens @ 400dpi I use a 1.2 metre deskpad. At your sens as long as you got a 45cm wide pad you'll be fine