XIM Community

Router advice/recommendation  (Read 2128 times)

Online Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
Re: Router advice/recommendation
« Reply #45 on: 01:51 PM - 10/12/17 »
Cool man. Glad you seem happy.

Thanks and the input from the community helped me with the decision.

If anyone's interested in a NetDuma please feel free to PM me.  :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02:57 PM - 10/12/17 »
Which one did you get?

LinkSys EA9300. I had a bunch of Amazon gift cards that I hadn't used so didn't even have to put it on my credit card.  https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-EA9300/

are you sure thats a router? it looks like a drone ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Online Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03:05 PM - 10/12/17 »
Which one did you get?

LinkSys EA9300. I had a bunch of Amazon gift cards that I hadn't used so didn't even have to put it on my credit card.  https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-EA9300/

are you sure thats a router? it looks like a drone ;)

I think the drone capabilities are in the next firmware update. The router will fly around the house providing optimal coverage to the devices.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04:56 PM - 10/12/17 »
Glad you found something that suits your needs, usability is really important.

That thing's got more aerials than a TV station, how's the coverage? Being able to plug-in extenders definitely takes the hassle out of improving coverage! Throughput won't be anywhere near advertised speeds and you won't be able to use AC on most of your devices, but at least you're future-proof. In the end, as long as it does what you need, it's the right purchase.

You could hang the Netduma off the Linksys and use the Geo-filter capabilities just on your Xbox, similar to b00stg0d's setup (but not as complex). If it's only worth $50 to you, then it's worthwhile keeping for even limited functionality. I've played Iron Banner in Destiny 2 over the last couple of days and it definitely helps by keeping the red-bars out of the lobbies and no-one has had a ping over 45ms (you can ping peers in Host Filtering).

Online Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08:00 PM - 10/12/17 »
That thing's got more aerials than a TV station, how's the coverage? Being able to plug-in extenders definitely takes the hassle out of improving coverage! Throughput won't be anywhere near advertised speeds and you won't be able to use AC on most of your devices, but at least you're future-proof. In the end, as long as it does what you need, it's the right purchase.
Range is really good. Modem is in my basement and no problem connecting to all devices on all 3 floors. I've only got a few devices that use AC but it's nice having it and will likely add more in time.

You could hang the Netduma off the Linksys and use the Geo-filter capabilities just on your Xbox, similar to b00stg0d's setup (but not as complex). If it's only worth $50 to you, then it's worthwhile keeping for even limited functionality. I've played Iron Banner in Destiny 2 over the last couple of days and it definitely helps by keeping the red-bars out of the lobbies and no-one has had a ping over 45ms (you can ping peers in Host Filtering).
Not even sure how to correctly daisy chain routers. I'm sure it's more complex that connecting an Ethernet cable to the routers.

NetDuma is worth $50 for me to sell. Given that it goes new for $200 I could probably get more for it but I'd rather see it go to someone who can use it for it's full capabilities.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04:46 PM - 10/13/17 »
similar to b00stg0d's setup (but not as complex).

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04:48 PM - 10/13/17 »

NetDuma is worth $50 for me to sell. Given that it goes new for $200 I could probably get more for it but I'd rather see it go to someone who can use it for it's full capabilities.

$50.00!!!  Are you located in the US?  Do you have paypal?  I hate to see you give up the geo-filter but I will buy it fo sho. 

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05:04 PM - 10/13/17 »
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
It is a cracking setup you've got there b00st. Love your gear...I'm kinda jelly  :-\

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #53 on: 09:11 AM - 09/18/18 »
Asus RT-AC66-B1 for budget, if you feel advanced throw Merlin on it

QoS is great, Wifi range is great, and it's cheap
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline martinaje

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05:36 AM - 10/11/18 »
I have been faced the issue with Linksys WRT1900AC AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router it doesn't recognize my Phone and I searched many websites to find the solution regarding this issue then someone provides the address of this community to get Linksys router support So, I am here to get the solution to my issue. kindly provide me the reliable solution.
« Last Edit: 05:43 AM - 10/11/18 by martinaje »

Offline Y2K

• 1.Thai / 2.Enlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09:34 AM - 10/11/18 »
I have been faced the issue with Linksys WRT1900AC AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router it doesn't recognize my Phone and I searched many websites to find the solution regarding this issue then someone provides the address of this community to get Linksys router support So, I am here to get the solution to my issue. kindly provide me the reliable solution.

try flash Lede FW

i never had any problem with wifi on this fw
XBOX ONE/PS4 Pro
wrt1200 with SQM
Mouse: G403- custom cable
keyboard: Leopold FC900R cherry red
Pad: qck+
asus vp28uqg 4k
Game-akgk701/sound blaster x7/modmic

Offline Kapn Krunch

• PRICE IS WHAT YOU PAY.... VALUE IS WHAT YOU GET
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11:26 AM - 10/11/18 »
Long time owner/user of Asus routers.

I have Asus 86U (latest Merlin firmware) > Netduma >XB1 setup with Netduma DMZ'd.  Cannot be happier.

I had 88U version but sold and migrated to 86U for its more powerful chip for decyphering VPN security, but that is just a personal preference.  The 86U also has newer gen WiFi chip than 88U.

Advanced QOS to suit your needs.

Frankly, most top tier router names can get it done for you.  ASUS with Merlin been rock solid for me.

Just my 2 cents.