XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM4 Wont Map Buttons  (Read 260 times)

Offline kowboy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: kowboy
[ACTIVE] XIM4 Wont Map Buttons
« on: 12:30 PM - 09/20/17 »
I'm on xbox 1 with the current firmware, it managed to let me map buttons to my overwatch config a couple weeks ago, but now when I try to start a new one it wont map the buttons just continues to listen. ive tried different keyboards but nothing works
« Last Edit: 12:39 PM - 09/20/17 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 Wont Map Buttons
« Reply #1 on: 12:39 PM - 09/20/17 »
Let's try a hard reset, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM4 then connect XIM4 to the console. Does it work now?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 Wont Map Buttons
« Reply #2 on: 03:53 PM - 09/20/17 »
How long have you used your XIM4 without this issue?

It's possible it's a XIM related issue but there are few things to check before this can be known. Usually the hard reset helps, if it doesn't then you can then move on to trying a replacement cable between XIM4 and the controller then between XIM4 and console.

Could you also confirm your firmware version number? This can be found in menu-about.
« Last Edit: 04:13 PM - 09/20/17 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 Wont Map Buttons
« Reply #3 on: 05:34 PM - 09/20/17 »
I understand. The 'listening' issue you are experiencing when attempting to bind keys is caused by

1) A console bug that is resolved by performing a hard reset on the console.
2) A faulty cable between the controller and XIM4
3) A faulty cable between the console and XIM4.
3) A faulty controller.

To learn more about this issue disconnect XIM4, remove the controller, connect XIM4 and attempt to bind butttons. You will find that you are now able to assign buttons in your config with the controller disconnected at startup.

It's necessary to try a replacement cable between XIM4 and the controller, if this doesn't help then try a replacement cable between XIM4 and console. Going down the troubleshoot list if these steps don't help then trying another controller may help. If none of these steps resolve the issue then this would confirm that cables and the controller aren't contirubting and it's an issue with your XIM4.