XIM Community

mouse pad hard or cloth ?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: mouse pad hard or cloth ?
« Reply #15 on: 08:56 AM - 09/16/17 »
all buttons do work with the keyboard?

the newer xim versions increased the hardware support which is why i this keyboard most likely works now :)
if theres no issue with the keyboard i can add it to the compatible list
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #16 on: 08:57 AM - 09/16/17 »
When I'm gaming with XIM I prefer hard pad's (Logitech G440), I find it much easier to break through the Aim Assist slowdown box - I'll use cloth when I'm PC Gaming :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:08 AM - 09/16/17 »
all buttons do work with the keyboard?

the newer xim versions increased the hardware support which is why i this keyboard most likely works now :)
if theres no issue with the keyboard i can add it to the compatible list
yes all button works

Offline quertz

• Less QQ more pew pew
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mr Dr Pwnrbangr
« Reply #18 on: 02:59 PM - 09/18/17 »
I used a cloth SteelSeries qck+ for 7 years, tried hard pads and just could never get used to them because of muscle memory. Also, I would argue that the qck is one of the slowest most control oriented pads out there.
There are a ton of different cloth pads out there that are much faster. I personally would recommend a more gradual change and just get a faster cloth pad.
XBOX ONE | KEYBOARD: STEELSERIES 6GV2 | MOUSE: STEELSERIES RIVAL 600 | PAD: ARTISAN HIEN |

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:46 AM - 03/13/18 »
logitech mousepads are unlike their mice really bad, dont buy them
It could just be a personal preference type of thing because a lot of the pros in the Overwatch League use the Logitech G640 cloth mousepad. I also have a Logitech G440 hard mouse pad, it’s actually a pretty decent pad. However, I usually use the Corsair mm400 over the G440 because the mouse doesn’t seem to glide as smooth on the G440.
« Last Edit: 01:54 AM - 03/13/18 by MercyOneTrick »

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:07 AM - 03/13/18 »
I use a hybrid. SteelSeries Dex, get the speed of hard pad and control of a softpad
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:30 AM - 03/13/18 »
I have lots of different mats/pads and currently use the control side of a Corsair MM600.  Before that I used a Logitech G440.  Never got on with cloth.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #23 on: 10:45 PM - 03/13/18 »
Used cloth pads for over 10 years then switched to a G440 and wondered what I'd been missing. I find no lack of control if you have the control in your hands already. Cloth pads feel mushy to me now.

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:07 PM - 03/14/18 »
Are these cloth pads good as far as being cleanable? You know, for when you inevitably spill gin & tonic on them?

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:27 PM - 03/15/18 »
Are these cloth pads good as far as being cleanable? You know, for when you inevitably spill gin & tonic on them?
No not really, I mean you can try throwing a cloth pad in the wash but I don’t know if I’d recommend doing that because it could mess it up. Hard pads are much more “cleanable” and way easier to clean. Hard pads are also better anyway if you’re using really high DPI (12k 16k) like me.
« Last Edit: 11:33 PM - 03/15/18 by MercyOneTrick »

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • THE PUBG GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:46 AM - 03/16/18 »

Not cloth no. I know that my SteelSeries Dex is washable and waterproof so there must be others out there like that.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:33 AM - 03/16/18 »
I've been using this hard pad, just realized for 8 years, so it's probably time for a new one. I've decided to give the Dex a try because of that 'best of both worlds' thing. But we'll see how it goes. Right now I think the biggest issue with my accuracy is overcoming static friction, I got some new mouse feet coming too. If the Dex turns out to be too grippy I'll probably try another hard pad, but only if its still good for control. Guess I might be putting Amazon Prime's return policy through its paces.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #28 on: 12:34 AM - 03/17/18 »
I've been using this hard pad, just realized for 8 years, so it's probably time for a new one. I've decided to give the Dex a try because of that 'best of both worlds' thing. But we'll see how it goes. Right now I think the biggest issue with my accuracy is overcoming static friction, I got some new mouse feet coming too. If the Dex turns out to be too grippy I'll probably try another hard pad, but only if its still good for control. Guess I might be putting Amazon Prime's return policy through its paces.

I just switched today from a Logitech G440 to a Steelseries QCK Prism using the hardpad side. It's superior to the Logi hard pad. It's smoother feeling in a good way.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #29 on: 10:12 AM - 03/28/18 »

Yes. I've washed several cloth pads (I'm now on the CoolerMaster Swift RX XL). They take longer to dry out than a hybrid or hard pad, obviously, but they work like new once they have.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!