XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: My Advanced Setup (Updated 4-14-18)  (Read 76961 times)

Offline Necrotype1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Necro_type1
Re: Destiny 2: My Advanced Setup
« Reply #30 on: 09:05 PM - 09/11/17 »
Sorry I'm a noob but what buttons are j9 and keypad6? I have to reconfigure the button layout because I don't know how to use those keys in my set up. You must have a different type of keyboard

J9 is for Joystick LB, I use a NAV instead of KB. Keypad 6 is the numbers on the right of a KB. You can use any buttons you want in there place though. All that matters is that you understand what the buttons doing.

Sorry I'm a noob but what buttons are j9 and keypad6? I have to reconfigure the button layout because I don't know how to use those keys in my set up. You must have a different type of keyboard

RML use the Sony Nav and a crazy Button Layout ;-p

@ RML, i've tried your Ads curve But it seems impossible to stay on Target for me.
Is your new curve realy a S-Curve? Went back to your D1 Setup and it feels much better.

Try lowering your sens to about 1/2 or 3/4 your norm. It is a type of S curve. I'm on a relentless mission to find a way to work with AA at multiple ranges. An S style curve is really the only plausible way. Otherwise it's good at long and mid but socks for short to mid. If you`re used to pushing through AA this may be a little hard to adapt to. I'm trying to build something that does most of the work for you, help it feel less intrusive and a more consistent velocity.

I used the curve you first posted and it worked great for the auto rifles but when I pull out a scout, sniper or hand cannon things seem off. Most precision type weapons were having issues getting on target or following their movement.

Offline mafiaaah

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mafiaaah
  • PSN ID: mafiaaah
« Reply #31 on: 11:20 PM - 09/11/17 »
Hi RML, Thank you so much for the updated config. Really appreciate it. Don't know how I would play Destiny without your Advanced Setup.

Could you please confirm which firmware you're running, if you don't mind? By 'latest' do you mean the 20160405 GOLD or the 20170103?

Thanks
PS4 | XIM4 | KB: G13 | M: G502 | D: 4000 | P: 1000 |

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #32 on: 06:15 AM - 09/12/17 »
Tried your setup and cant shake this insane AIM-Assist and ADS is wayyy too low on sensitivity. Think i'll stick with no curves as well. It's literally AIM-Assist city with my Logitech G-Pro @ 4000 dpi

This setup is created to work with and against Aim Assist. By that i mean it helps stick to targets a little at longer range by using lower sens then vanilla and helps track closer targets by using higher velocity then vanilla. You need to find the right sensitivity. It should be somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 of your vanilla sens.

If something is lower sense than vanilla or higher sense what are you referring to? do you mean the ballistic curve goes is below the linear line if lower and above if higher? or do i have this completely wrong?

Also, when a new ST comes out the sensitivity is always 40. is this designed with a certain dpi in mind?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06:19 AM - 09/12/17 »
I used the curve you first posted and it worked great for the auto rifles but when I pull out a scout, sniper or hand cannon things seem off. Most precision type weapons were having issues getting on target or following their movement.

Yeah ... biggest problem with Destiny games is inconsistent Aim Assist. Almost every gun is literally slightly different. Even some snipers have heavy AA in this game. This is definitely going to be challenging and maybe impossible to find one curve to use across the board.

It's going to come down to what guns are preferred. 

Tried your setup and cant shake this insane AIM-Assist and ADS is wayyy too low on sensitivity. Think i'll stick with no curves as well. It's literally AIM-Assist city with my Logitech G-Pro @ 4000 dpi

This setup is created to work with and against Aim Assist. By that i mean it helps stick to targets a little at longer range by using lower sens then vanilla and helps track closer targets by using higher velocity then vanilla. You need to find the right sensitivity. It should be somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 of your vanilla sens.

If something is lower sense than vanilla or higher sense what are you referring to? do you mean the ballistic curve goes is below the linear line if lower and above if higher? or do i have this completely wrong?

Also, when a new ST comes out the sensitivity is always 40. is this designed with a certain dpi in mind?

I was referring to your sens value with no curve attached, whatever that may be.

So if you play at 40 sens and 4000 dpi with no curve, then you would want to use my ADS curve at around 20-30 sens. Also this ADS curve is pretty touching do to the turn speed cap. If people are using really high sens say 40 and up, it's probably not going to work as well as intended.

Hi RML, Thank you so much for the updated config. Really appreciate it. Don't know how I would play Destiny without your Advanced Setup.

Could you please confirm which firmware you're running, if you don't mind? By 'latest' do you mean the 20160405 GOLD or the 20170103?

Thanks

I'm using the latest firmware "official" firmware. I don't use test firmwares anymore due to the fact they will not be updated down the road.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=47393.0

« Last Edit: 06:44 AM - 09/12/17 by RML »
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline ARightProperLad

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:07 AM - 09/12/17 »
I tried it out and I felt like the aim assist was too unpredictable and I could be more accurate using the controller. Lining up precision shots felt odd and recoil felt more difficult to control, I'm not sure if maybe I had my in-game sensitivity set wrong? I was using 10 sens in game. Everything else was set correctly with 4000 dpi 1000 polling using a G502, your exact profile with the only thing changed was the activator for ADS.

Is Destiny a game where you benefit from using a XIM or is it a hindrance?
XIM Apex - G502 12k DPI 1000Hz w/ Steelseries Qck Mousepad - K120 Keyboard - BenQ RL2455HM Monitor - PS4 Pro

Offline ohdang

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Oohdang
« Reply #35 on: 10:21 AM - 09/12/17 »
I'm using a Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum and I copy/pasted your "V 1.1 - updated Sparrow, settings were wrong." settings.  I gotta say, this is about perfect.  I reassigned buttons (using a Razer Orbweaver so yours were a tad confusing, lol) and I had to tweak the sensitivity a bit - at 12k dpi I found 4 to 5 is the sweet spot for me - and left everything else alone.  Feels mighty good.  Thank you for posting!

Offline Kochise

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11:52 AM - 09/12/17 »
I tried it out and I felt like the aim assist was too unpredictable and I could be more accurate using the controller. Lining up precision shots felt odd and recoil felt more difficult to control, I'm not sure if maybe I had my in-game sensitivity set wrong? I was using 10 sens in game. Everything else was set correctly with 4000 dpi 1000 polling using a G502, your exact profile with the only thing changed was the activator for ADS.

Is Destiny a game where you benefit from using a XIM or is it a hindrance?

It's personal preference.  Take me for instance.  I tried the game when it released with a controller and quit before the first mission was over.  Now that the new ST is out i'm back to KB/M and loving it.

It's all preference and personal preference so your mileage may vary.

Offline jesser509

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ZeroTNightmare
« Reply #37 on: 12:26 PM - 09/12/17 »
Great settings, works great at 12,000 dpi however I lowered sense to 28/15 hip/ads. However, let's get some discussion going on this ads curve. Why is it almost s shaped? How does this affect aim assist and why? Furthermore, why exactly did you change the ads curve to make that shape even more defined?

Offline Necrotype1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12:34 PM - 09/12/17 »

Yeah ... biggest problem with Destiny games is inconsistent Aim Assist. Almost every gun is literally slightly different. Even some snipers have heavy AA in this game. This is definitely going to be challenging and maybe impossible to find one curve to use across the board.

It's going to come down to what guns are preferred. 

So strange what they've done from D1 to D2. I had no issues using ThePro's ADS with all the rest of my setup being yours for a couple years. Now, it seems like I'm fighting to get on target with precision type weapons. I literally had a sniper reticle  make a hump/jump movement over an enemies head in PvE when I tried to go for some drag scopes.... @#$%!? Lol. Every time I use those precision guns it just feels like I'm fighting aim assist or something else.

D2 has some strange things going on. I really hope they implement some look mechanics that you can adjust like Overwatch has.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02:36 PM - 09/12/17 »
Great settings, works great at 12,000 dpi however I lowered sense to 28/15 hip/ads. However, let's get some discussion going on this ads curve. Why is it almost s shaped? How does this affect aim assist and why? Furthermore, why exactly did you change the ads curve to make that shape even more defined?

Good questions. Here's the problem with AA, it takes velocity to overcome it. With a game like Destiny 2 that has a really big AA bubble around the target (which is why it's being such a pain) it takes alot of velocity to overcome it and get on target. So with no curve you have to run a really high sensitivity to create enough velocity. This leads to another problem, over aiming. Couple all this with the fact that Bungie decided to give practically every gun different AA behaviors and you have quite a mess on your hands.

My suggestion is to find a few guns you really like and stick with them, build your settings around them. Of course that's a pain too because we all know they will be adding some "must have" guns down the road.

So what's the idea behind the ADS curve. The idea is to add Velocity at the beginning to help get you in the AA bubble without having to "push" through it too much. That pushing through problem is generally what leads to over aiming. This also allows you to turn your sensitivity down lower then you would normally run with, which in turn can help slightly with micro movements. The middle of the curve Plateau's to also help you not over Aim and rather stick on target a little. The End is for tracking closer targets. When tracking close targets you're going to be moving the mouse quickly. Due to the fact that you should be utilizing lower sensitivity then normal, this ensures that you will have plenty of velocity to track targets even nearly right in your face if you wanted too.

The problem with a curve like this is there's Alot going on. So, sensitivity is pretty important. If your sens is too high then you're going to burn through the curve too fast and it won't work as well as intended. If your sens is too low, you'll still struggle with the AA bubble a little. However, too low IMO is better then too high. You should start low and see how it feels and reacts at different ranges of engagement. Then adjust up if needed. Keep in mind that even with lower sensitivity this curve is going to allow you to have more movement while on target then vanilla settings would. So it may feel like you're initially hitting a wall (AA bubble effect) but you'll have ALOT more control and find it easier to move around in the AA bubble thanks to the different levels of velocity incorporated into this curve. So it's going to feel and react different then Vanilla (no curve) settings would. You have to learn that and can't just treat it like linear. Which BTW, linear only counts until you hit the AA bubble and then linear movement comes to a sudden halt. Which is why I like ADS curves. I try to even out the effect of AA as much as possible. IMO, it makes movement feel more consistent when AA is involved.

And.... this thread has officially turned into an AA discussion. Grrrr  >:(

Still, hope that helps.   
« Last Edit: 06:46 PM - 09/12/17 by RML »
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06:37 PM - 09/12/17 »
Updating OP (work in progress)

Offline Necrotype1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07:56 PM - 09/12/17 »
I'll try it out tonight. What is the new ADS curve giving you that the other one didn't?

Also, my ADS sensitivity is at 33 and 4200 dpi on the previous curve... quite a bit more than what you have

Offline neurot1cal

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:25 PM - 09/12/17 »
Do you guys leave the ingame sensitivity to default?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10:50 PM - 09/12/17 »
Do you guys leave the ingame sensitivity to default?

Should be max in game 10. I just added a new ADS curve to the OP that I think will work better for you. It's easier to learn and use, but still cuts through AA nicely. Please read the comment above the code on how to apply. It'll need higher sens then my previous curves. I highly recommend for Crucible especially.

Offline natu-_-

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02:27 AM - 09/13/17 »
I use 15 sens on the default ST on ADS @ 4K DPI, so I'm wondering... is 15 too low for the new preferred curve?