XIM Community

Destiny 1&2: My Advanced Setup (Updated 4-14-18)  (Read 77430 times)

Offline FireOnly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Fire Only
Re: Destiny 1&2: My Advanced Setup (Updated 4-14-18)
« Reply #240 on: 10:33 PM - 06/27/18 »
Thanks a lot RML, very helpful, the response is appreciated. One more quick question - if I raise my DPI and lower the sens in Apex Manager, will your curves still be effective? Just wondering if they would be suboptimal at different DPI/sens combos than your recommended DPI and hip and ADS sens. Thanks agajn

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 07:41 AM - 06/28/18 »
They're most effective for me at the sensitivity given. That being said, they will still give you a different feel then linear no matter the sens. Whether that's good or bad is up to the user. The DPI value doesn't really matter, I did include a link to calculate your DPI/Sens if needed. Higher DPI can help cut through Aim Assist, but can also create a feeling of jitters. Everyone differs on how much jitter effects their game.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline pbrane3000

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 01:55 AM - 07/04/18 »
Really helpful post, thank you!

I've recently got an Apex and these settings definitely feel more like what I'm looking for (as close to native PC M&K as I can get).  I have a couple of questions I would be grateful if you or others in this helpful community could respond to if you have any guidance.  I'm still working through all your replies below so please do link / refer to other comments if simpler.  Hopefully my questions are specific enough to warrant a separate post!

On Apex, I have set the sync setting to slow to match the 30 FPS of D2.  The instructions suggest that I need to divide by 4 on the sensitivity from default.  Is it better to do that by DPI on the mouse, or on the Xim sensitivity?  I went with DPI because unless I really creep across the mat, I exceed the turn speed limit (though I don't get any noticeable degradation in turning, so I think I must be just at the cap) and I hope that will help negate some of that issue when I 'panic swipe' and the Apex goes all kinds of red :).  I'm running about 500 or 600 DPI which is about where I am on native PC.  (I think your default sens is higher than I can handle).  It feels pretty close, so I'm now tinkering with the Xim sensitivity to fine tune (easier than constantly plugging / unplugging mouse).  Is there any reason why I should be sticking with 3,000 / 4,000 DPI and only changing the Xim sens?

Also, I'm struggling to understand how the smoothing function works.  I'm heading to work atm so can't test until later, but it's a bit silly testing if i don't understand what it's meant to do.  I'm running 1000 Hz and there seems to be some talk about jitter, but I've not noticed anything (and not sure what i should be looking for!).

Are there any other advanced setting you would recommend tinkering with?  I noticed that your Apex settings only paste the curves, not the rest of the settings, so I would be really grateful to know if you've found any other tweaks you think are worth trying.

I need to practice my recoil control with a mouse - my D2 PC muscle memory is working against me!!  Something to work on while i wait for the next D2 event I guess :)

Appreciate a lot of this is personal preference, but you've obviously put a lot of time into understanding this all, so hoping you might help me understand some of the finer points so i can get my own personal 'optimal' set up.

Offline chudinipl

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: chudiniPL
« Reply #243 on: 04:45 AM - 07/09/18 »
Hello guys. I'm new here. i have one question.
It's possible to paste entire setup code to my xim apex ??

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 09:30 AM - 07/10/18 »
Hello guys. I'm new here. i have one question.
It's possible to paste entire setup code to my xim apex ??

As stated prior, there's a problem with button assignments properly pasting with entire configs on Apex (they don't seem to be transferring for secondary configs. That's why I haven't given a code for the entire setup. As soon as the issue is addressed I will paste a code.

Really helpful post, thank you!

On Apex, I have set the sync setting to slow to match the 30 FPS of D2.  The instructions suggest that I need to divide by 4 on the sensitivity from default.  Is it better to do that by DPI on the mouse, or on the Xim sensitivity?  I went with DPI because unless I really creep across the mat, I exceed the turn speed limit (though I don't get any noticeable degradation in turning, so I think I must be just at the cap) and I hope that will help negate some of that issue when I 'panic swipe' and the Apex goes all kinds of red :).  I'm running about 500 or 600 DPI which is about where I am on native PC.  (I think your default sens is higher than I can handle).  It feels pretty close, so I'm now tinkering with the Xim sensitivity to fine tune (easier than constantly plugging / unplugging mouse).  Is there any reason why I should be sticking with 3,000 / 4,000 DPI and only changing the Xim sens?

This really depends on how much Aim Assist you like in game. Yes, using 30hz with D2 matches the games framerate but it also gives you ALOT of Aim Assist. If you're looking for that PC feel than Aim Assist usually isn't ideal for you. Here's a great video on how to maximize and minimize Aim Assist. https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66110.msg687299#msg687299

When it comes to DPI, you can't treat XIM as you would PC. I could explain in detail but instead Here's a great video on why XIM performs better with higher DPI. https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=65749.msg685028#msg685028

As for the red light flashing for the turn speed. Think of this as a "WARNING" light and not a STOP light. There's nothing wrong with some flashing. What you really need to be concerned about is wasted movement. Another words, does your hand movement match what you see on screen? I almost always adjust my sensitivity as high as I can until I feel like the cursor on the screen isn't matching my hand movement. Then I back off the sensitivity until it does and I leave it there.
 I pay no mind to flashing Red at that point. Another thing to keep in mind though is that this isn't a PC and "Twitch aiming" simply isn't going to work for the most part. Use slower consistent movement with XIM, no flicking! It takes some getting used to. But slower consistent movement allows you to ride the Turn speed limit without wasted movement.
 Which in turn will give you the highest turning speed possible.

Also, I'm struggling to understand how the smoothing function works.  I'm heading to work atm so can't test until later, but it's a bit silly testing if i don't understand what it's meant to do.  I'm running 1000 Hz and there seems to be some talk about jitter, but I've not noticed anything (and not sure what i should be looking for!).

Smoothing is there for micro movements when using higher hz settings. Here's another great video by od1n to help explain. https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=67397.msg695032#msg695032

« Last Edit: 09:34 AM - 07/10/18 by RML »
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Venoman9867

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Venoman9867
« Reply #245 on: 04:40 AM - 07/20/18 »
Hi RML try this settings plz
Mouse g903 12k dpi 1000hz
>>> XIM APEX [Destiny 2] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Offline PattyBoy123

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 01:20 PM - 08/01/18 »
I dont understand how to copy and paste those thing on my IPADů when i click on select it doesnt do anything from my iPad only from a PC but my xim manager is on my Ipad so i dunno.? Does it work on xim4 too or just xim apex?

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
« Reply #247 on: 10:43 PM - 08/01/18 »
Now I use 40 hip on default sync if I change to slow.
How sensitivity  I should set that make me feel the same on default?
Platforms: PS4 Pro
XIM4Flash-STEADYAIM5 NPD
XIM APEX BETA BUILD
Mouse: Swiftpoint Z & Rival 600
Mousepad: QcK+
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver, Sony NAV controller
Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z
Headphone: Astro A50 Gen2

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 06:57 AM - 08/02/18 »
I dont understand how to copy and paste those thing on my IPADů when i click on select it doesnt do anything from my iPad only from a PC but my xim manager is on my Ipad so i dunno.? Does it work on xim4 too or just xim apex?

There are codes for XIM4 and APEX. Make sure you copy the right one's.

Now I use 40 hip on default sync if I change to slow.
How sensitivity  I should set that make me feel the same on default?

Hi RML try this settings plz
Mouse g903 12k dpi 1000hz
>>> XIM APEX [Destiny 2] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

When I get back on Destiny 2, I'll take a look.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #249 on: 05:42 AM - 08/08/18 »
Rml you have the patience of a Saint.

I've returned to the destiny universe as the next update promises d1 levels of excitement (finally bungle!)

Id like to share with you my secret setting for auto rifles and smgs. Why? Because i love rml.

Go to your ads ballistic Curve, increase the value from 0 to 5. Try this in game. Increase this value until you find it easy to keep your aim on a moving target.

Please note that this does not work on scout rifles, snipers or hand cannons.

This is effectively adding boost (a xim 4 thing) which I find, helps me deal with aim assist bubble issues.

Fank you welly much, you're welcome x
« Last Edit: 06:31 AM - 08/08/18 by Frash brang »

Offline S10

• I'm always over 9000.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 01:48 PM - 08/30/18 »
ahhh why am I only seeing this update now!!!! cant wait to go home and try it I've been using 12000 dpi with no curves and just got use to it lol thank you for the update RML also I didn't see it posted what sync are you using at 4000dpi for the apex?
If at first you don't succeed.... Skydiving isn't for you.

- Zowie FK2
- Logitech g502
- G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780 RGB / MX-Mechanical Keyboard

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 03:49 PM - 08/30/18 »
I also have the g502 and the XIM4 (with a keyboard though:))

Whats the reasoning behind 4000 dpi instead of max? (i use max on both fortnite and overwatch with my g502 as i've heard its the most optimal with the XIM?)

Offline S10

• I'm always over 9000.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 04:05 PM - 08/30/18 »

Whats the reasoning behind 4000 dpi instead of max? (i use max on both fortnite and overwatch with my g502 as i've heard its the most optimal with the XIM?)

I'm going to go ahead and say its what works best for the curves RML uses and gets the best results with. Remember now everyone's not the same with my old xim4 I would do max dpi 12000 with all RML curves and move the sensitivity on the app to your liking... worked awesome. Just do a different profile using 4000 dpi and test both see what works best for you. Let us know the results

- Zowie FK2
- Logitech g502

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 04:23 PM - 08/30/18 »

I'm going to go ahead and say its what works best for the curves RML uses and gets the best results with. Remember now everyone's not the same with my old xim4 I would do max dpi 12000 with all RML curves and move the sensitivity on the app to your liking... worked awesome. Just do a different profile using 4000 dpi and test both see what works best for you. Let us know the results

Yeah ill test this out tomorrow and report back.

(If i can understand the whole procedure, havent used any curves yet but the guide seems reasonably easy to follow :))

Different sensitivities and curves for PvP and PvE I see aswell, isnt the aim assist the same?

Offline S10

• I'm always over 9000.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 04:39 PM - 08/30/18 »

Yeah ill test this out tomorrow and report back.

(If i can understand the whole procedure, havent used any curves yet but the guide seems reasonably easy to follow :))

Different sensitivities and curves for PvP and PvE I see aswell, isnt the aim assist the same?

id try the 1.4 curve as its for both

- Zowie FK2
- Logitech g502