XIM Community

Interested in buying XIM4... advice?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline JRMH

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jxremiah
Interested in buying XIM4... advice?
« on: 01:22 AM - 09/07/17 »
I specifically play Call of Duty games, and I have no issue doing good on the game with a controller, but I'd like to take it to the next level with M+KB. In the past I'd heard about XIM4 or something similar that had bad input lag. After briefly reading over some relevant forum posts here I saw "8ms" input lag. For most people this doesn't seem like much of an issue but I can't even enjoy playing on a monitor with >5ms input delay...

For people that are the same way (regarding monitor vs. TV), is the 8ms input delay a big deal? I'm really set on buying one and definitely plan to when I get back from deployment, but this input lag issue is giving me second thoughts.

Any advice?

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in buying XIM4... advice?
« Reply #1 on: 02:05 AM - 09/07/17 »
I think you're misunderstanding. XIM4 has no more "input lag" than a regular controller does.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline omega4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:58 PM - 09/07/17 »
I specifically play Call of Duty games, and I have no issue doing good on the game with a controller, but I'd like to take it to the next level with M+KB. In the past I'd heard about XIM4 or something similar that had bad input lag. After briefly reading over some relevant forum posts here I saw "8ms" input lag. For most people this doesn't seem like much of an issue but I can't even enjoy playing on a monitor with >5ms input delay...

For people that are the same way (regarding monitor vs. TV), is the 8ms input delay a big deal? I'm really set on buying one and definitely plan to when I get back from deployment, but this input lag issue is giving me second thoughts.

Any advice?

Advice? Do ittttttt! Do it naowwww!!!!!!!!
My XIM4 allows me to play against other gamers like....

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:40 AM - 09/09/17 »
its you. not the input device that plays the game well.  most people realize right away that MnK is simply more logical than a paddle. it doesn't mean people can't do amazing things wth paddles .they do it every day. especially in cod and destiny and now bf1 with excessively High aim assist.  xim4 can only do what's possible with paddles. it doesn't give you pc MnK speed or precision:  your wrist does ... and even so, only with in the confines of thumbs and sticks capacity

and yes. you should get one.

« Last Edit: 05:02 AM - 09/09/17 by full58 »

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:00 AM - 09/09/17 »
xim doesnt pay me so i'll tell it like it is.  there is most definately input lag.  some games are worse than others i.e. fortnite is one of the worst in recent memory.  however that said, CoD has historicaly played extremely well with xim.  i dont think you would have any negative emotions about xim if all you play is cod.

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:45 PM - 09/09/17 »
full disclosure.  xim4 doesn't pay me either

Offline imoanbackwards

• Her name's Naomi, that's I moan backwards.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: imoanbackwards
« Reply #6 on: 03:47 PM - 09/09/17 »
I got XIM4 a week ago. I read a lot of reviews and heard good and bad.

No it isn't exactly the same as PC and yes it takes a little learning to adjust settings to match how you play and get used to using it with a different kind of response time.

That being said, my first ever Crucible match on Destiny 2 was 4.5 K/D with 28 kills. Top of both teams. And I can say without a doubt that I cant even get 1.0 with a controller. I have just spent too much time with mouse and keyboard and I am eternally grateful for these amazing few guys that code this stuff and put it out there so I can at least enjoy games on the console now.

Get it bro, it's worth it.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:16 PM - 09/09/17 »
xim doesnt pay me so i'll tell it like it is.  there is most definately input lag.  some games are worse than others i.e. fortnite is one of the worst in recent memory.  however that said, CoD has historicaly played extremely well with xim.  i dont think you would have any negative emotions about xim if all you play is cod.

Battle(non)sense recently made a video about the XIM4 that disproves your "noticable" input lag. As stated by gunit,  XIM4 has no more "input lag" than a regular controller does. Below is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsVEqTrmBwM&t=3s
Xbox Series S
XIM 4
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
ASUS VG27AQ
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:07 AM - 09/10/17 »
if you don't trust us. Battle(non)sense is a credible and very meticulously oriented person.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:41 PM - 09/10/17 »

Any advice?

I can assure you unless you have some crazy interference no one else has experienced then you will not have input lag.  I just recently made the switch and let me tell you it's precision and quickness at it's best.  I am a CoD only player as well and I  have a really good K:D Ratio in all versions of CoD and I was playing on 4-3 or 3-2 vert/hor sensitivity for BO3, MWR, IW (crap.)  With the Xim4 right out of the gate now I can smoothly and swiftly make a minor move and 360 smoke someone and I know exactly where I will land my crosshairs.  This is something I could never do consistently with ps4 controllers  my sensitivity was just way too low and I had to sacrifice turn on speed for accuracy.  That is totally gone now. 

Also I have no reason to lie to you.  I am brand new to the forum  and the Xim4. 

**Off topic**
I have been banned from Netduma forums probably 18 plus times because I tend to spew garbage when i feel the product is letting me down.  So I would not lie to you.  For the record the Netduma does work also,  just poor update speed, firmware bugs, troubled ID system, and terrible forum moderators.  I know this may bring the heat on me here as I see a few Netduma regulars are here as well but it is what it is. 

Offline RealNv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Nvnone
« Reply #10 on: 04:02 PM - 09/13/17 »
Hi there...I've been using the xim4 for about a couple months and the keyboard part is that hardest to learn if you've never played fps on PC. What I would recommend if you still want the feel of a controller get the Ps nav once you purchased the xim4 it feels like a controller on your left hand with the the power of the mouse you will dominate my friend. Add me if you're on psn Nvnone and I'll be glad to tell you what I know.

Admin