XIM Community

Razer Baslisk and 3389 Sensor  (Read 1936 times)

Offline G502MasterRace

• View Profile
Razer Baslisk and 3389 Sensor
« on: 06:41 PM - 09/06/17 »
Ordered the Razer Basilisk a couple of days ago and today I received it in the mail. I messed around with it for a couple of hours and absolutely loved the shape and how it performed on PC. It's very similar to the G502, and I liked it slightly better due to the reduced weight.

But when I connected it to the XIM4, it felt very off compared to a Logitech G502 or the Logitech 3366 sensor. I tried 800,3200,12000, 16000 dpi, and they all felt the same. It felt very floaty and didn't provide a very fast turn speed (compared to g502). I played a couple games thinking I need to break it in, but it just felt so off and was performing terribly. I later connect the G502, and it is a night and day difference. With the G502 at 12,000 DPI I can have a relatively fast turn speed and am much more accurate. There is definitely a difference. And I don't think its due to the mouse being new or how the sensor performs on PC, as I actually outperformed my own results on aim400kg.com with the basilisk compared to the G502.

Now is this due to the 3366 sensor being different and how it performs on the XIM4( I have a G403 and it performs  similar to G502)? Which I'm basically answering my own question. But I really  liked the shape,weight, and feel of the Basilisk but using it is almost unplayable on the XIM4.

Does anyone else notice this comparing the 3389 sensor and 3366 sensor, or have any tips to get the mouse to  feel similar to a G502.

Side note: I know there has been some controversy and debate regarding DPI. From my experience I can not tell the difference if i play 12000 DPI at 6 sens between 6000 dpi at 12 sens ( just an example. G502 feels amazing either way) Razer Basilisk feels bad on any DPI.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Razer Baslisk and 3389 Sensor
« Reply #1 on: 10:26 PM - 09/06/17 »
The sensor has smoothing after 1800 dpi. I have a Lancehead and used it at 1800 dpi and it felt great with XIM. After a while the shape/weight just wasn't very good so I switched to a G Pro and now I am using the Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye which is awesome.

Oh, and also I found using the surface calibration actually made my aim better as well.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline G502MasterRace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:38 PM - 09/06/17 »
Thank you for the response. I'll give 1800 and mouse tuning a try. 

For some reason the basilisk saves everything except RGB profiles, so hopefully it will save the mouse tuning.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:58 PM - 09/06/17 »
Thank you for the response. I'll give 1800 and mouse tuning a try. 

For some reason the basilisk saves everything except RGB profiles, so hopefully it will save the mouse tuning.

Did you download Synapse 3 Beta? It allows you to save everything to a profile it seems like.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline G502MasterRace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:11 AM - 09/07/17 »
Yes but for some reason the RGB profiles does not save. Even on the PC once I close synapse DPI and other mouse settings remain saved but it returns to default RGB effect.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:33 PM - 09/23/17 »
It seems that I cant bind the dpi change button on the left side of the mouse to work as a key bind on the xim4.

Offline parni

• A jug fills drop by drop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:14 AM - 09/28/17 »
Trust me its not the Sensor...

without knowing ur handsize nor how you hold mice my best guess is,
its the shape! With the g502 u hold the mouse differently u build up speed in a way which is more controllerstick friendly thats why u can aim better on console.

With the basilisk you are more direct more snappy which is superior on a shooter on pc but inferior on xim4 on console.
To overcome this u would need a curve.

People care about dpi rgb polling rate but the most important factor is the shape. Just use abunch of hot glue and form it while its hot ... or cut down ur mouse  always do a bit and compare how ur change perfoms ingame. If ur change gets u good results why not do this but care u might do to much and destroy ur mouse.

I use a Speedlink Decus which i cut 30% off  (i have womenhands) if u have large hands u could use plastic and hotglue to extend ur mouse. So with the combination of cutting stuff off and glueing stuff on you can find ur perfect mice...
i found mine its the speedlink decus which is @#$% on pc but awesome on console.

I stopped counting but i guess i had more mice than any person on the planet i even ordered mice from asia you cant get here because companies make smaller mice for the asian market.
or mice that are discontinuted for the european market but still availabe in asia.
for e.x razer slamosa or logitech g1 asian versions
« Last Edit: 11:56 AM - 09/28/17 by parni »
Current xim4 Setup:
BenQ XL2411
BenQ RL2455
Owned over 300 mice.
currently using Cougar 300M @ 400dpi
Keyboard: g13 i will never go back to keyboard on xim4. With Analog movement you can controll the accel/deaccel of lookmechanics even obsiv prefers it :P.
Sound: Beyerdynamic MMX 300 with dss2.

Admin