XIM Community

IGN calls out 3rd party keyboard/mouse devices as "cheating" in Destiny 2  (Read 2265 times)

Offline omega4

• View Profile
 Wow. At 2:56 in the video, IGN is calling out XIM4 for "cheating".

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/09/02/fireteam-chat-ep-127-destiny-2-pc-reactions-raid-races-and-trials-igns-destiny-show#article_comments

I'm honestly not worried about PC gamers using XIM4 to get aim assist along with their keyboard/mouse setups. The cheaters with their PC hacks will still own them.
« Last Edit: 09:52 AM - 09/02/17 by omega4 »
My XIM4 allows me to play against other gamers like....

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
yeah people miss quoting dr lupo is funny (ign not you)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
All publicity is good publicity. If it's one thing gamers want, it's an advantage over the opposition. "Xim4 = cheat" can't be bad for sales, but it is a misrepresentation.

As stated in other threads, this isn't a Xim problem, it's a Destiny 2 problem. If they want an even playing field, reduce or remove AA for PvP.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline F4LL3N1

• View Profile
All publicity is good publicity. If it's one thing gamers want, it's an advantage over the opposition. "Xim4 = cheat" can't be bad for sales, but it is a misrepresentation.

As stated in other threads, this isn't a Xim problem, it's a Destiny 2 problem. If they want an even playing field, reduce or remove AA for PvP.

Yep but main reason I play is after 20+ years of PC gaming I can't use a controller for squat lol. As for cheating @#$% go play cod on PC then you can whine about cheaters, the other reason I play console games now. Sure you can bind the perfectly timed quickscope macro and put a dot on the telly with a whiteboard marker but if you're going to that length then u gonna move onto hacking anyway. Lol consle ganers complaining of hax...HAHAHA console hackers would whine vs a legit PC gamer let alone a decent hacker. I was an admin for Aus's largest ISP gaming network, games.on.net for 5 years till they shut down...So many hax...

Offline omega4

• View Profile
I really want to get Destiny 2 on PC (great graphics; 60 fps). But I enjoy playing multplayer as much as single player campaigns. There's no way I go back to multiplayer on PC, with all the cheaters.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
So I played every day of the D2 PC beta. I used native mouse & keyboard input, and I also used my XIM4, and I came to the following conclusion: While I had a slight advantage over opponents in a 1v1 scenario, the XIM4 put me at a severe disadvantage overall.

- The turn speed is incredibly slow.
- The turn speed while sprinting is even slower (about 50% slower).
- Using controller based input actually increases weapon recoil, anywhere from 50-200%.

Because of the above, your situational awareness suffers tremendously. You cannot snap from one target to the next. If someone rushes in while you are engaged in a gunfight, you will not be able to kill the 2nd person. More recoil means longer delays between follow-up shots, and results in a higher TTK when using a controller/XIM.

That being said, AA should not exist on PC in PVP/competitive modes. Either that, or it needs to be significantly reduced. When I had chances to engage players 1 on 1, with a little distance, I would win about 90% of those engagements. The aim lock is absolutely ridiculous. However, Destiny is a game that stresses teamwork, and rarely do you get solo matchups against good teams. This is when I was at a severe disadvantage.

On the flip side, Destiny 2 offers raw mouse input (much like CSGO) which is incredibly accurate, with no smoothing, and no acceleration. I can snap to targets seamlessly. I have uncapped turn speed, even while sprinting. As a result, I have better situational awareness (flicking the mouse to check corners, etc). And, while using native mouse input, I have actual lower recoil... not because I can control it easier, but because the game is programmed to actually provide lower recoil for mouse users.

If people wanna call it cheating, that's fine. I'm gonna keep using native mouse input on PC. It's superior. 

Offline xKowal86x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ninja_Rabbit_86
Im general just sick of being call cheater everywhere because use xim.Omg why they dot call cheaters ppl who use scuff,steering wheel,arcade joysticks.
Look on nacon revolution controller(i own before)You can have macros,meaning when i use standard ds4 and play takken,nacon guy can just have set up great combo on one of his macros and just press one botton.
Really piss off.And i dont care what IGN say,they are just one of shity @#$%,never watch they reviews and read post from that scums
Mouse: Zowie EC-1,Keyboard:Corsair K63,Headset: Astro A40TR,Monitor:Benq 2455,Router:Netduma R1

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
just three people who argue about things they have no experience with, nothing new here
they expect the xim to give you the very same precision as using the native mouse and keyboard support by the game

basically what colb wrote
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
- The turn speed is incredibly slow.
- The turn speed while sprinting is even slower (about 50% slower).
- Using controller based input actually increases weapon recoil, anywhere from 50-200%.

Because of the above, your situational awareness suffers tremendously. You cannot snap from one target to the next. If someone rushes in while you are engaged in a gunfight, you will not be able to kill the 2nd person. More recoil means longer delays between follow-up shots, and results in a higher TTK when using a controller/XIM.
That's exactly the problem we all had with Destiny on console. I'll take movement speed over AA any day.

I'm surprised about the recoil - Gothalion stated there was almost no recoil using a controller on PC. It makes sense though as a counterbalance to AA.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
Tell them to remove the aim assist. Aim assist is cheating by definition.

Im general just sick of being call cheater everywhere because use xim.Omg why they dot call cheaters ppl who use scuff,steering wheel,arcade joysticks.
You will always find people who consider third party peripherals cheating. It's just that 99% of people don't care and they won't tell you that they don't care, because they don't care.

Actually, you just need to respect the code of conduct.
« Last Edit: 08:01 PM - 09/03/17 by TSARGA »

Offline omega4

• View Profile
After doing a post-mortem analysis of my time spent on Destiny 1 (PS4), I realized that I hardly played any PvP/multiplayer (hated playing any FPS MULTIPLAYER game with only 30 fps). I spent most of my time playing PvE (mostly solo but a few times co-op when I needed to earn weapons like exotic swords, etc.).

Based on that, I think I will get Destiny 2 on the PC platform after all. Who knows? Bungie might get serious about banning hackers now that they have a potential blockbuster game on the PC platform.

Admin