XIM Community

Xbox Overwatch Players: Buy Dolby Atmos.. trust me  (Read 1223 times)

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• View Profile
I mean the title says it all.
Mist/Ob sorry I know this is a bit off topic but we have a lot of Overwatch fans here that would benefit from Dolby Atmos.
It costs $15 and then you have it. Right now you have to have a super expensive receiver to 100% use it but it also has a headphones mode. From what I've read that headphones mode is only Atmos Simulated but what it does allow is for you to pinpoint where someone is. If you're in the bank and windowmaker is on the roof on Route 66, you'll know she's on the top left corner. It's nice.
Plantonics is coming out with an official Dolby Atmos headphones that doesn't just simulate the sound but actually behaves like the expensive receivers/soundbars. I'm excited for that but for now that $15 was worth it, can't wait for the full sh-bang!
-Super not sponsored by Dolby, but if you're reading this... call me!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox Overwatch Players: Buy Dolby Atmos.. trust me
« Reply #1 on: 04:07 PM - 08/30/17 »
wait you have to pay 15$ via the xbox store to unlock it?

it remains to be seen if this becomes popular among games and movies, until then ill rock the dolby nightmode and sbx :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:11 PM - 08/30/17 »
wait you have to pay 15$ via the xbox store to unlock it?

it remains to be seen if this becomes popular among games and movies, until then ill rock the dolby nightmode and sbx :)

There is a 30-day free trial, but after that is over, yeah you have to pay to unlock it.

It's worth checking out the free trial though. I have been using the Atmos option for the past 2 months... it's pretty nice compared to the usual Dolby Digital to my Mixamp.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:16 PM - 08/30/17 »
Oh and don't forget to turn off your Dolby on the headset. Makes a big difference

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:49 PM - 08/31/17 »
I use the hyper cloud x headset, will it work for them too? Honestly I'm a complete noob at this and have no idea what you're talking about.