XIM Community

Overwatch new update 2.18 new option "Aim Ease" is this what are we waiting for?  (Read 16470 times)

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
I had to start over so it will be a while before I know that. The Smart Translator already provides linear movement using Exponential Ramp so technically there is no reason to use Linear Ramp but I don't mind comparing the two now that Linear Ramp is usable.

why is linear now usable?  and please do because you have to admit the cult following that linear has gained is abnormal. i think expo is great but who doesnt like better?

I think with the introduction of Aim Ease, while deadzones are still broken and unfixed by Blizzard, Aim Ease at least allows for smoother micro movements. That was the main downfall of Linear Ramp, with micro movements not feeling the best. But if you are able to look past that hump, everything else about Linear Ramp feels so much better than Expo Ramp. Even though the official Overwatch ST is supposed to make Expo "linear", I still never could go back to it after using Linear.

I hope an official ST release would be able to somehow take advantage of Aim Ease and fix micromovements while using Linear Ramp. If not, we Linear Ramp users will probably just stick with using the Console Controller Crossover ST.
Using Overwatch ST w/ Linear Ramp & Aim Ease itself FIXES the jumpy Aim of Linear w/o needing a Cross Game Profile or a Ballistics Curve. Im using Default everything including Overwatch ST & Ballistics. Linear is good stuff now & playable.

What value of Ease In are you using with Linear Ramp?
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AKs0n-
I had to start over so it will be a while before I know that. The Smart Translator already provides linear movement using Exponential Ramp so technically there is no reason to use Linear Ramp but I don't mind comparing the two now that Linear Ramp is usable.

why is linear now usable?  and please do because you have to admit the cult following that linear has gained is abnormal. i think expo is great but who doesnt like better?

I think with the introduction of Aim Ease, while deadzones are still broken and unfixed by Blizzard, Aim Ease at least allows for smoother micro movements. That was the main downfall of Linear Ramp, with micro movements not feeling the best. But if you are able to look past that hump, everything else about Linear Ramp feels so much better than Expo Ramp. Even though the official Overwatch ST is supposed to make Expo "linear", I still never could go back to it after using Linear.

I hope an official ST release would be able to somehow take advantage of Aim Ease and fix micromovements while using Linear Ramp. If not, we Linear Ramp users will probably just stick with using the Console Controller Crossover ST.
Using Overwatch ST w/ Linear Ramp & Aim Ease itself FIXES the jumpy Aim of Linear w/o needing a Cross Game Profile or a Ballistics Curve. Im using Default everything including Overwatch ST & Ballistics. Linear is good stuff now & playable.

75~100

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile

75~100

Oh okay. Linear Ramp with that much Aim Ease is essentially just Expo Ramp again. Perhaps an even stronger Expo Ramp.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AKs0n-
Using Linear Ramp + Aim Ease - Aim Assist now over Expo Ramp & Controls are better than ever before.
https://youtu.be/1R7xoyt0eGg
Just to clarify rq

Aim Assist Strength - 0
Aim Assist Window Size - 0
Aim Smoothing - 0
Aim Ease In - 100

When I Tested Linear Ramp in the Vid

Every Vid I've ever posted here was with Aim Assist:OFF
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=32092.1380
You get used to it after a while.

A Big Ol Bully

So I saw this and wanted to try it out quick. I have family visiting and didn't really get to spend time with it but I tried Linear with 0 Aim Ease on the official ST and all of a sudden it's working normal. So odd. maybe it's Xbox only. Will test tomorrow when I have time but one of you might be able to do it quicker.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
So I saw this and wanted to try it out quick. I have family visiting and didn't really get to spend time with it but I tried Linear with 0 Aim Ease on the official ST and all of a sudden it's working normal. So odd. maybe it's Xbox only. Will test tomorrow when I have time but one of you might be able to do it quicker.

I tried it just now. Doesn't work properly as usual so you might not have been on Linear Ramp?
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

A Big Ol Bully

I tried it just now. Doesn't work properly as usual so you might not have been on Linear Ramp?
Possible, I was really only half paying attention. Thanks for testing.

Offline Skichamp1500

• View Profile
After blizzard rolled back the update, it felt great, but the roll back did not seem to take effect on the day stated by the blizzard forums, at least for myself. I noticed it rolled back for me a little over 24 hours after the blizzard post.

Then, today when I got on to play I noticed the same feel from before the rollback. Everything felt sluggish. Movements were not as quick or accurate, and the crosshair had a noticeable delay from when I tried to look around/aim.

I am reading a lot of complaints still from the thread https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758857079. I am concerned that blizzard may have rolled back the change temporarily and tried to implement it again without informing the community in hopes that they had resolved the issue. Also, with the differences in times for myself (and based on other player's forum posts) for when the roll back took effect, I am wondering if blizzard has the ability to release their change little by little rather than to all at once so that it is not as quickly noticed.

Hopefully this is only temporary and it will either not feel this way later or there will be confirmation that a "behind the scenes" change was made without an announcement. Thank you for all the work done with the XIM4. Not sure I would have played Overwatch this long without it.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. I really think Blizzard needs to be careful here. Their artists and designers are the best in the industry, but, their engineers are proving to be far less competent. They are making terrible mistakes and if they continue to do that they will lose what they've built up. Case in point, yesterday I heard one of my kids friends (controller player) talking about how she wants to adjust things to try to make their aim better, but, is overwhelmed by all the settings and has no idea what now "Aim Ease" is supposed to do. She said she read the description of the settings, but, was more confused and frustrated after. Things like this are a huge red flag and should never happen.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Mkbnoob

• View Profile
Welcome to the community. I really think Blizzard needs to be careful here. Their artists and designers are the best in the industry, but, their engineers are proving to be far less competent. They are making terrible mistakes and if they continue to do that they will lose what they've built up. Case in point, yesterday I heard one of my kids friends (controller player) talking about how she wants to adjust things to try to make their aim better, but, is overwhelmed by all the settings and has no idea what now "Aim Ease" is supposed to do. She said she read the description of the settings, but, was more confused and frustrated after. Things like this are a huge red flag and should never happen.
You guys cant really rework the st and try to figure what sneaky change they made? Its not like im the only one who feelt something weird,  i mean look at forums half of the people who bough xim are here trying to find better settings for OW.. Dnt even speaking about blizzard forums. I know you are not incompetent like blizzard guys

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
You guys cant really rework the st and try to figure what sneaky change they made? Its not like im the only one who feelt something weird,  i mean look at forums half of the people who bough xim are here trying to find better settings for OW.. Dnt even speaking about blizzard forums. I know you are not incompetent like blizzard guys

If you're really serious about fixing your over watch settings, listen here.

Uninstall, reinstall the entire Over Watch on your console. It's only 17.9 gigs.
Create an entire new configuration using OW ST.
Start with a very low sensitivity.
0 curve.
No steady aim (make sure Steady aim is OFF)
0 boost.

Expo ramp.
Aim assist strength somewhere you feel comfortable with a certain hero.
AIM ASSIST WINDOW needs to be under 40! If it isn't, the aim assist picks up too soon.
Aim Smoothing 0
Aim ease 0

Bump up the sensitivity until it feels good.

I felt the difference after the update and it never fixed itself. I had to do these steps in order to revert my old feeling for this game.

And please use the highest amount of DPI possible on your mouse.
High DPI allows you to make micro movement adjustments and it's so much better. You don't necessarily want such a high sensitivity in Over Watch. Somewhere medium to slightly fast where you can comfortably track a targe

Hope this helps.!
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Hellohihello

• View Profile
Any idea if the st will be retrained?

It looks like blizzard reimplemented the ease.aim patch.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

So I've essentially re-trained the game on each platform, the current data matches what we have now. If I were to create a new ST it would be identical. If there is a change it doesn't have to do with the look mechanic.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Hellohihello

• View Profile

So I've essentially re-trained the game on each platform, the current data matches what we have now. If I were to create a new ST it would be identical. If there is a change it doesn't have to do with the look mechanic.

Weird. Any idea why it seems different/weird. Any way to fix it?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It could be changes to aim assist or how specific heroes or weapon types handle. Battlefield has changes like this every so often for example. Go into a custom game without bots or other players or targets that would trigger aim assist. Movement should feel as expected, it does on my end. To be clear, it doesn't just feel right, the training data matches what is supported. Do you know what else was listed in the recent patch?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin