XIM Community

Overwatch new update 2.18 new option "Aim Ease" is this what are we waiting for?  (Read 19818 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The turn speed is the same between Exponential Ramp and Linear Ramp.

Are you still looking into using Linear?

I admit I have no knowledge of this, however, since most popular fps that have some of the best STs (CoD, BF, etc) do linear, why wouldn't it work best for overwatch, it seems the ST would have less to calculate with the linear vs exponential, no?

BF and Cod do not have a linear aim option. In fact, if you flip this statement around I would agree with it. If Blizzard devs looked at other successful shooters like BF and CoD and used their techniques they would have a much more solid aiming experience and they wouldn't need three aim modes and a handful of tools to adjust how aiming feels.

Linear Ramp wasn't supported because it's inferior to Exponential Ramp. It didn't allow for micro aiming due to the increased starting speed. This lowers precision. Exponential Ramp allows for small aim adjustments. In addition to this Exponential Ramp is made linear by XIM4's Smart Translator technology.

So that was true before Aim Ease, now this new setting allows the user to control the acceleration of Linear Ramp which can allow for micro movement. This of course negates it of it's linear status, it's 'mostly linear' when using Aim Ease. Another result of Aim Ease is that it's changing the look mechanic in more ways than you would think. It's affecting the acceleration and turn speed of the Y axis and diagonals independently of the X axis and in a negative way. I've built a Linear Ramp+Aim Ease ST and I have to say they feel the same aside for the new shortcomings of Linear Ramp+Aim Ease. At this point Exponential Ramp is still the logical choice.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
@mist4fun if this is the case is a new st being made based on the exponential aiming system and will it be available before the start of the comp season if not as i assume it must take time to create the smart translators what settings would you recommend for use currently
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The current ST supports Exponential Ramp. Blizzard rolled back their changes from the other day.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok thanks for the reply so normal expo settings with 0 aim ease in?
Mainly play overwatch

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yes, current support requires the settings in the link below.

http://xim.tech/settings

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
Mainly play overwatch

Offline mrkee

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mrkee84
@mrkee

Are you using linear or expo ramp?

I watched the video in your signiture, pretty impressive.

Would you share your settings?

I'm using expo :)
And for my settings  :

dpi : 4000
hip sens : 12
ADS sens : 4.5
no boost
x/y : 1.2

no curve ^^

( and right now in game setting : aim ease in at 2
well, I'm still testing ... I might switch back to 0 for some heroes though :/ 
But for tracer it's interresting ! )
PSN tag : mrkee84
My widow skills :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNaKZPojlg4

Offline Mkbnoob

• View Profile
Yes, current support requires the settings in the link below.

http://xim.tech/settings
Hi, since the hotfix it feel better but something really seem weird with diagonal idk wat.

I think they manage to do sneaky aim change at every patch since s3

I feel like horizental vertical have def not the same turn speed cap, resulting in really weird diagonal. You guys cant do a new ST?

This game feel @#$% even with xim its blizzard fault for sure but they dnt care 😥 save us mist

When i see all the overwatch post here i think im not the only one who will be pleased by this, i mean at least 40% of ppl who bought a xim play overwatch xd

we can still do a crowdfunding lool il give miney lol

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I checked the ST data yesterday and today. The data matches. I noticed that you mentioned a change about a month ago as well, the look mechanic wasn't changed then either. If there are perceived changes it may be related to aim assist or another mechanic.

Offline Mkbnoob

• View Profile
I checked the ST data yesterday and today. The data matches. I noticed that you mentioned a change about a month ago as well, the look mechanic wasn't changed then either. If there are perceived changes it may be related to aim assist or another mechanic.
i do play a lot when something change i just feel it, im 100% sure that they do sneaky change in every patcht get xim4 less powerfull.
Im not the only one who feel that.. There is def something goin on,  they said they wanted to make mkb useless and they manage to do sneaky game change every patch.
Sometimes my camera just reset! I aim at right or left side and it just reset... The camera do a weird thing then cursor back to middle.... How that was in game data before? Its was not. And it happen even in spawn no AA issue then. AND it happen at 1000mhz and 500too withboth g502 amd rival 700...
« Last Edit: 07:28 AM - 09/02/17 by Mkbnoob »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That sounds like a center screen function, this was a feature in older PC games.

Offline Kaye_Nine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kaye_Nine
i play everyday for about 7 hours a day and i can deft feel a change from the old settings its really kind of annoying cause i have to find new settings and train my muscle memory at the beginning of a season

Offline Sqwash Gaming

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OPSqwash
Linear ramp settings feels good now, low dpi and small boost.. maybe 350-500 etc.. no curve (maybe 1 or 2 taps in a certain spot) Feels nicer than expo for now, working on it.

Offline Kaye_Nine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kaye_Nine
Linear ramp settings feels good now, low dpi and small boost.. maybe 350-500 etc.. no curve (maybe 1 or 2 taps in a certain spot) Feels nicer than expo for now, working on it.

post your settings when your done would like to try them out

Offline AKs0n-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AKs0n-
I had to start over so it will be a while before I know that. The Smart Translator already provides linear movement using Exponential Ramp so technically there is no reason to use Linear Ramp but I don't mind comparing the two now that Linear Ramp is usable.

why is linear now usable?  and please do because you have to admit the cult following that linear has gained is abnormal. i think expo is great but who doesnt like better?

I think with the introduction of Aim Ease, while deadzones are still broken and unfixed by Blizzard, Aim Ease at least allows for smoother micro movements. That was the main downfall of Linear Ramp, with micro movements not feeling the best. But if you are able to look past that hump, everything else about Linear Ramp feels so much better than Expo Ramp. Even though the official Overwatch ST is supposed to make Expo "linear", I still never could go back to it after using Linear.

I hope an official ST release would be able to somehow take advantage of Aim Ease and fix micromovements while using Linear Ramp. If not, we Linear Ramp users will probably just stick with using the Console Controller Crossover ST.
Using Overwatch ST w/ Linear Ramp & Aim Ease itself FIXES the jumpy Aim of Linear w/o needing a Cross Game Profile or a Ballistics Curve. Im using Default everything including Overwatch ST & Ballistics. Linear is good stuff now & playable. 

Admin