XIM Community

Overwatch new update 2.18 new option "Aim Ease" is this what are we waiting for?  (Read 19808 times)

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: renzed19
I had to start over so it will be a while before I know that. The Smart Translator already provides linear movement using Exponential Ramp so technically there is no reason to use Linear Ramp but I don't mind comparing the two now that Linear Ramp is usable.

why is linear now usable?  and please do because you have to admit the cult following that linear has gained is abnormal. i think expo is great but who doesnt like better?

I think with the introduction of Aim Ease, while deadzones are still broken and unfixed by Blizzard, Aim Ease at least allows for smoother micro movements. That was the main downfall of Linear Ramp, with micro movements not feeling the best. But if you are able to look past that hump, everything else about Linear Ramp feels so much better than Expo Ramp. Even though the official Overwatch ST is supposed to make Expo "linear", I still never could go back to it after using Linear.

I hope an official ST release would be able to somehow take advantage of Aim Ease and fix micromovements while using Linear Ramp. If not, we Linear Ramp users will probably just stick with using the Console Controller Crossover ST.

Yes. I agree to this. Linear Ramp with curve or boost added feels way more better than expo ramp. I also hope they can add an official ST so we can stop experimenting on making new adjustments

Offline loo1201

• View Profile
I tried using the official ST with linear and 71 AE last night for a few hours. Felt close to old expo with no boost no curve.

Today expo is back as normal. Feels so much better than any settings ive used. I guess its personal but ive built muscle memory quite fast and im just playing like a god lol. Im confident i can reach GM next season with expo no curve no boost
« Last Edit: 07:15 PM - 08/30/17 by loo1201 »
3843SR - Settings : EXPO No curve No boost. 100AA 50AAW 0AS 0AE Steady aim OFF

Offline Kaye_Nine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kaye_Nine
it still feels very jittery compared to what i had to set to before

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
I tried using the official ST with linear and 71 AE last night for a few hours. Felt close to old expo with no boost no curve.

Today expo is back as normal. Feels so much better than any settings ive used. I guess its personal but ive built muscle memory quite fast and im just playing like a god lol. Im confident i can reach GM next season with expo no curve no boost

I'm curious how some people do really prefer expo settings, did you already tried CCC ST linear ramp with curve or boost added? aiming is just more consistent here but i think turn speed is more faster in expo ramp.

btw i've seen your settings can you also share your mouse dpi as well your xim hip sens im thinking trying expo since when i bought my xim I already started reading in this forums and started to use linear since most of the people are saying this is much better.

also what hero do you main? i main mccree and soldier and im trying to also main tracer but turning 180 or 360 is really hard in linear. i think genji is best with expo since expo is much faster and genji doesn't need that precise aiming and some flick shots unlike mccree which is really aim reliant and thats why im hesitant to use expo

Offline loo1201

• View Profile

I'm curious how some people do really prefer expo settings, did you already tried CCC ST linear ramp with curve or boost added? aiming is just more consistent here but i think turn speed is more faster in expo ramp.

btw i've seen your settings can you also share your mouse dpi as well your xim hip sens im thinking trying expo since when i bought my xim I already started reading in this forums and started to use linear since most of the people are saying this is much better.

also what hero do you main? i main mccree and soldier and im trying to also main tracer but turning 180 or 360 is really hard in linear. i think genji is best with expo since expo is much faster and genji doesn't need that precise aiming and some flick shots unlike mccree which is really aim reliant and thats why im hesitant to use expo

Ive tried linear with the console crossover with curve, then no curve and boost only. Was alright but the thing is i had already built the muscle memory and....im all about muscle memory, i believe its what makes you become better.

I main widow, mcree and tracer my dpi is at 6400, my hip sense is at 14.

Offline jonb10198

• View Profile

so they set expo the way it was pre-patch? need this confirmed as i said im done til they fix it lol

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile

Ive tried linear with the console crossover with curve, then no curve and boost only. Was alright but the thing is i had already built the muscle memory and....im all about muscle memory, i believe its what makes you become better.

alright might give this expo a try since there also a lot of people saying expo is good once you built muscle memory and it's the official default xim ST so there's no way it's broken. can you do flick shots in expo? the thing is I played long enough with this linear, switching sometimes to curve or boost trying to find out which is good but sometimes i still miss some easy shots i dont know which is inconsistent me or the linear ST. how many hours do you think to build muscle memory with this expo settings?

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile

yes it is already confirmed by mist and by blizzard

so they set expo the way it was pre-patch? need this confirmed as i said im done til they fix it lol

Offline loo1201

• View Profile

alright might give this expo a try since there also a lot of people saying expo is good once you built muscle memory and it's the official default xim ST so there's no way it's broken. can you do flick shots in expo? the thing is I played long enough with this linear, switching sometimes to curve or boost trying to find out which is good but sometimes i still miss some easy shots i dont know which is inconsistent me or the linear ST. how many hours do you think to build muscle memory with this expo settings?

Then you might probably not like it. Itll take you a while to get used to it but its worth it. And yeah you can flick but it takes times to get used to the expo flicks. You cant move your mouse super fast accross the mousepad

Offline mrkee

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mrkee84
hm ...

I'm experimenting things right now.
After the rollback for expo, I was actually curious about the new "aim ease in" feature

So, I tried this :
► Increase in sensitivity
► added 2 in "aim ease in"

And I was actually shocked as it felt surprisinglly good !
I mean :
My turns were REALLY faster, but my micro movements stayed really precise !

Now I'm trying to readapt for flick shots, but
as a matter of fact : my plays got better !
( I'm often playing tracer and turning back in one movement was a no go before ...
But now I do it easily ! )

PSN tag : mrkee84
My widow skills :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNaKZPojlg4

Offline donatello

• View Profile
@mrkee

Are you using linear or expo ramp?

I watched the video in your signiture, pretty impressive.

Would you share your settings?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The turn speed is the same between Exponential Ramp and Linear Ramp.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline loo1201

• View Profile
hm ...

I'm experimenting things right now.
After the rollback for expo, I was actually curious about the new "aim ease in" feature

So, I tried this :
► Increase in sensitivity
► added 2 in "aim ease in"

And I was actually shocked as it felt surprisinglly good !
I mean :
My turns were REALLY faster, but my micro movements stayed really precise !

Now I'm trying to readapt for flick shots, but
as a matter of fact : my plays got better !
( I'm often playing tracer and turning back in one movement was a no go before ...
But now I do it easily ! )

full settings please?

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme

I'm literally lol'ing from all the mixed reviews about expo or linier! It's literally 50/50 hate or love it. For both settings.

Only way to tell is to really test it, and make sure the linier is how it's intended. Because I'm sure it's not supposed to be jittery. Big old bully likes it a lot, and I've played with him before he's a good player.

I had expo ramp so tuned in my muscle memory that it felt perfect for me. Until they updated and literally ruined it for me. Even after the "hot fix" it doesn't feel the same. What a weird shame
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
The turn speed is the same between Exponential Ramp and Linear Ramp.

Are you still looking into using Linear?

I admit I have no knowledge of this, however, since most popular fps that have some of the best STs (CoD, BF, etc) do linear, why wouldn't it work best for overwatch, it seems the ST would have less to calculate with the linear vs exponential, no?