XIM Community

Overwatch new update 2.18 new option "Aim Ease" is this what are we waiting for?  (Read 16448 times)

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: renzed19
Hey guys, right now Im downloading the new patch which is 15.67gb on ps4.
I read the patch notes which includes a new option on aiming called "Aim Ease" kindly see below for the actual descripion

An "Aim Ease" in option has been added under the "Advanced" tab in the "Controller" menu. This allows players to customize their turn rate acceleration. If you’d like to know more, check out the developer explain over on the forums.
(https://blizztrack.com/patch_notes/overwatch/39425)

Currently Im just using the ccc linear set up with 8.5 curve even tho turn speed is quite slow. Im just wondering if this additional setting would help us resolving the turn speed as it is connected on turn rate acceleration.

So guys if you have felt some changes either good or bad after trying this new option kindly share your comments below so we can all benefit to it.
« Last Edit: 05:48 PM - 08/29/17 by Renzed19 »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
Aim Ease In breaks the official ST.   Increased values make mouse movements sluggish and less responsive.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Correct. Using Aim Ease changes the look mechanic. Current support expects these settings:

http://xim.tech/settings

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Correct. Using Aim Ease changes the look mechanic. Current support expects these settings:

http://xim.tech/settings

Mist, have you decided yet whether or not using a certain value of aim ease combined with a new ST would be worth the trouble? Or is the current ST with aim ease at 0 still optimal and would be superior to retraining with any value of aim ease?
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I had to start over so it will be a while before I know that. The Smart Translator already provides linear movement using Exponential Ramp so technically there is no reason to use Linear Ramp but I don't mind comparing the two now that Linear Ramp is usable.

Offline loo1201

• View Profile
Expo feels like before again with AE set to 0.
3843SR - Settings : EXPO No curve No boost. 100AA 50AAW 0AS 0AE Steady aim OFF

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Mist, is it just me, or does gradually increasing Aim Ease slow down vertical aiming?

I was upping the Aim Ease, 1 point at a time and at around 10 I really feel like vertical has become lower compared to horizontal speed.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim
I had to start over so it will be a while before I know that. The Smart Translator already provides linear movement using Exponential Ramp so technically there is no reason to use Linear Ramp but I don't mind comparing the two now that Linear Ramp is usable.

The one thing I cannot deny when using linear is that the movement feels smoother, more responsive, and overall more like I'm on PC. Expo works better for me, but linear feels better. If you could find official support for it I'd be very happy.
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile

why is linear now usable?  and please do because you have to admit the cult following that linear has gained is abnormal. i think expo is great but who doesnt like better?

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile

why is linear now usable?  and please do because you have to admit the cult following that linear has gained is abnormal. i think expo is great but who doesnt like better?

I think with the introduction of Aim Ease, while deadzones are still broken and unfixed by Blizzard, Aim Ease at least allows for smoother micro movements. That was the main downfall of Linear Ramp, with micro movements not feeling the best. But if you are able to look past that hump, everything else about Linear Ramp feels so much better than Expo Ramp. Even though the official Overwatch ST is supposed to make Expo "linear", I still never could go back to it after using Linear.

I hope an official ST release would be able to somehow take advantage of Aim Ease and fix micromovements while using Linear Ramp. If not, we Linear Ramp users will probably just stick with using the Console Controller Crossover ST.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Offline Tristag

• View Profile
I'm glad you're giving linear ramp a chance, when I play on controller, it definitely seems smoother.  Of course I'm not an expert, but one would think it would carry over onto xim as well?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Mist, is it just me, or does gradually increasing Aim Ease slow down vertical aiming?

I was upping the Aim Ease, 1 point at a time and at around 10 I really feel like vertical has become lower compared to horizontal speed.

Yes, raising Aim Ease will lower Y axis and diagonal turn speed.

Offline BaronVanSqueegee

• View Profile
Linear works perfectly. It's superior to Exponential. I just recorded this:
https://youtu.be/bWoXiWIxQ9Y

These aim settings give me the best aim experience since I started playing Overwatch. Feels as responsive as BF1.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
Linear works perfectly. It's superior to Exponential. I just recorded this:
https://youtu.be/bWoXiWIxQ9Y

These aim settings give me the best aim experience since I started playing Overwatch. Feels as responsive as BF1.

You are using the official Overwatch ST correct? That explains why you have that uncontrollable aim with Aim Ease at 0 but controllable aim at 60. Raising Aim Ease combined with using Linear Ramp basically turns Linear Ramp into a customizable Exponential Ramp. So what you are using is still considering Expo Ramp, you just ended up with a custom aim curve that you like.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4

Admin