XIM Community

Overwatch new update 2.18 new option "Aim Ease" is this what are we waiting for?  (Read 19816 times)

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: renzed19
Welcome to the community. I really think Blizzard needs to be careful here. Their artists and designers are the best in the industry, but, their engineers are proving to be far less competent. They are making terrible mistakes and if they continue to do that they will lose what they've built up. Case in point, yesterday I heard one of my kids friends (controller player) talking about how she wants to adjust things to try to make their aim better, but, is overwhelmed by all the settings and has no idea what now "Aim Ease" is supposed to do. She said she read the description of the settings, but, was more confused and frustrated after. Things like this are a huge red flag and should never happen.
You guys cant really rework the st and try to figure what sneaky change they made? Its not like im the only one who feelt something weird,  i mean look at forums half of the people who bough xim are here trying to find better settings for OW.. Dnt even speaking about blizzard forums. I know you are not incompetent like blizzard guys

For me i have no problem with the current and recently patched "fix" to the problem they made in the first place. even mist already said that the look mechanic is already the same after the blizzard patch. Anyway what ST do you use?

In the case of what you've said "look at forums half of the people who bought xim are here trying to find better settings for OW.." it's just like me when i got my xim last july. I tried expo but it feels weird and floaty then I read here for many hours "trying to find better settings" and found the linear ccc st then play it for a month or 2 until last week it feels great at first but after playing for almost 2 months, I know in myself that I still dont built muscle memory because i still miss some easy shots with mccree then again I searched for a better settings and luckly I read some insights of admins here specifically od1n regarding the default ST with expo then I give it again a try. Now I became consistent with mccree with this default set up it's really about muscle memory. Maybe it's still personal preference but for me expo is the best set up. I tried linear but it's not that perfect for me compared to expo. For all those still finding the better setup i can say there is none because the default ST will not be the default if it's not the best(maybe for the most of us expo users) i dont regret trying linear because it somehow helped me build muscle memory for this expo ow st because when you try expo ow st for the first time you can really tell it's bad because it feels floaty and when you switched to linear, aiming will feel smoother but as they've said it has @#$% acceleration which doesn't help build consistent shots (for me)

with linear using mccree i had 38-45% accuracy if i spam busting shields of course it will be in 50%, for almost 2months playing with it (it's really inconsistent)

with expo im shocked that i felt great and im hitting almost every shot, my accuracy became above 50% sometimes if i had a bad game my accuracy is still 53% if im feeling good it's in 60% and when it comes hitting shields it will give 5-8% more in the total.

dont easily give up on the official st expo guys it will not feel great in the first place it but once you built your muscle memory with it, you will not find another settings anymore. Thanks to Od1n for his explanation regarding this expo vs linear im really enjoying playing OW with xim. Im still on Plat since i just started playing season 5 but i feel i can easily go up in terms of my play right now, i main mccree and use soldier or tracer sometimes i just need 1 good tank and 1 good healer and im good to go sometimes i can carry games with 50-55% team elimination. I'm just sharing my experience, for me expo is the best.

My settings are below:
In game:
100 vert and horizontal sens
100 AA
10 AAW
0 AS
0 AE
Exponential Ramp

Xim settings are
14hip sens with 6k DPI
no boost
no curve
steady aim ON
Latest firmware version
« Last Edit: 09:37 PM - 09/03/17 by Renzed19 »

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
You guys cant really rework the st and try to figure what sneaky change they made? Its not like im the only one who feelt something weird,  i mean look at forums half of the people who bough xim are here trying to find better settings for OW.. Dnt even speaking about blizzard forums. I know you are not incompetent like blizzard guys

So I've essentially re-trained the game on each platform, the current data matches what we have now. If I were to create a new ST it would be identical. If there is a change it doesn't have to do with the look mechanic.

Weird. Any idea why it seems different/weird. Any way to fix it?

Is your steady aim OFF? Or On? I noticed an inconsistency with the horizontal aim speed being a little snappier and unpredictable with steady aim ON.
I turned it off and it's pretty much back to how I used to have it back even before the summer games event.

I've also since so called hot fix, I've reinstalled over watch entirely.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
Here's an idea for anyone willing to fiddle... 

"Aim Ease In" applied to Linear Ramp allows player to shape the curve completely that means a curve can be made that is identical to Titanfall 2 default (aka. "Classic") curve (which is one of the best xim4 games).

Titanfall 2 default curve is exactly one third of their own equivalent scale of "Aim Ease In". The scales do not necessarily have identical ending points (factor 5) so their 30% may not be identical to Overwatch "Aim Ease In" 30%, but 30 is a good starting point.

We don't know how much smoothing Titanfall 2 has but it has some. In Overwatch the aim smoothing slider is kind of trash because the biggest change in smoothing seems to happen between 100 and 90 everything below 90 feels almost the same with barely any difference.

TL;DR Linear Ramp, Aim Ease In 30, load up Titanfall 2 ST and see how the aiming feels. Scale Aim Ease In little bit higher or lower to see if it's any better.

Offline Mkbnoob

• View Profile

"Aim Ease In" applied to Linear Ramp allows player to shape the curve completely that means a curve can be made that is identical to Titanfall 2 default (aka. "Classic") curve (which is one of the best xim4 games).

Titanfall 2 default curve is exactly one third of their own equivalent scale of "Aim Ease In". The scales do not necessarily have identical ending points (factor 5) so their 30% may not be identical to Overwatch "Aim Ease In" 30%, but 30 is a good starting point.

We don't know how much smoothing Titanfall 2 has but it has some. In Overwatch the aim smoothing slider is kind of trash because the biggest change in smoothing seems to happen between 100 and 90 everything below 90 feels almost the same with ubarely any difference.

TL;DR Linear Ramp, Aim Ease In 30, load up Titanfall 2 ST and see how the aiming feels. Scale Aim Ease In little bit higher or lower to see if it's any better.
Il try these tips thanks for the answer people, i have 4master account i mean i feel like i spend my life on this @#$% game lol, and i can def feel some weird goin on since a few patch. Il try reinstall game, maybe turn off steady.

A Big Ol Bully

We don't know how much smoothing Titanfall 2 has but it has some. In Overwatch the aim smoothing slider is kind of trash because the biggest change in smoothing seems to happen between 100 and 90 everything below 90 feels almost the same with barely any difference.

Tried it, not bad but crap at micro movements. I always try to write my name as small as possible on the wall.
A fun thing is take your PC and write your name using Paint. then trying to draw your name on OW. (obviously it's a bit harder to compare since you can't see your results) but you can get the idea and it should feel very simular. If not then that's that "swimming" feeling people feel. With this setup above, that's really bad, I'm sticking with my Linear mountain curve. Still the most PC feeling thing out there (with 0 aim assist)

A Big Ol Bully

Welcome to the community. I really think Blizzard needs to be careful here. Their artists and designers are the best in the industry, but, their engineers are proving to be far less competent. They are making terrible mistakes and if they continue to do that they will lose what they've built up. Case in point, yesterday I heard one of my kids friends (controller player) talking about how she wants to adjust things to try to make their aim better, but, is overwhelmed by all the settings and has no idea what now "Aim Ease" is supposed to do. She said she read the description of the settings, but, was more confused and frustrated after. Things like this are a huge red flag and should never happen.

For me i have no problem with the current and recently patched "fix" to the problem they made in the first place. even mist already said that the look mechanic is already the same after the blizzard patch. Anyway what ST do you use?

In the case of what you've said "look at forums half of the people who bought xim are here trying to find better settings for OW.." it's just like me when i got my xim last july. I tried expo but it feels weird and floaty then I read here for many hours "trying to find better settings" and found the linear ccc st then play it for a month or 2 until last week it feels great at first but after playing for almost 2 months, I know in myself that I still dont built muscle memory because i still miss some easy shots with mccree then again I searched for a better settings and luckly I read some insights of admins here specifically od1n regarding the default ST with expo then I give it again a try. Now I became consistent with mccree with this default set up it's really about muscle memory. Maybe it's still personal preference but for me expo is the best set up. I tried linear but it's not that perfect for me compared to expo. For all those still finding the better setup i can say there is none because the default ST will not be the default if it's not the best(maybe for the most of us expo users) i dont regret trying linear because it somehow helped me build muscle memory for this expo ow st because when you try expo ow st for the first time you can really tell it's bad because it feels floaty and when you switched to linear, aiming will feel smoother but as they've said it has @#$% acceleration which doesn't help build consistent shots (for me)

with linear using mccree i had 38-45% accuracy if i spam busting shields of course it will be in 50%, for almost 2months playing with it (it's really inconsistent)

with expo im shocked that i felt great and im hitting almost every shot, my accuracy became above 50% sometimes if i had a bad game my accuracy is still 53% if im feeling good it's in 60% and when it comes hitting shields it will give 5-8% more in the total.

dont easily give up on the official st expo guys it will not feel great in the first place it but once you built your muscle memory with it, you will not find another settings anymore. Thanks to Od1n for his explanation regarding this expo vs linear im really enjoying playing OW with xim. Im still on Plat since i just started playing season 5 but i feel i can easily go up in terms of my play right now, i main mccree and use soldier or tracer sometimes i just need 1 good tank and 1 good healer and im good to go sometimes i can carry games with 50-55% team elimination. I'm just sharing my experience, for me expo is the best.

My settings are below:
In game:
100 AA
10 AAW
0 AS
0 AE
Exponential Ramp

Xim settings are
14hip sens with 6k DPI
no boost
no curve
steady aim ON
Latest firmware version
Glad Expo is working for you man(?). It really comes down to what you want.
i think the reason there is so much confusion here is that we have 2 different goals.
Some of us want to have the highest accuracy and be in the best settings to do well and not miss shots. The other half of us want to emulate PC controls as close as possible. This is just me guessing but I have a feeling that line parallels with those of us that play PC and Console vs players that really only use the Xim and rarely play PC.

LESSON TO LEARN

1) If you want the best, smoothest aim that will get you the highest damage and accuracy then go Expo with 100% aim Assist. Official Overwatch ST with no curve or boost

2) If you play PC and have built muscle memory from games like CS:GO or Unreal then you go with Linear (IHMO with my settings) and 0 Aim Assist. You'll miss shots but you'll find your stats will be on par with PC.

Pick your poison but lets not confuse the 2, it should help clear up a bit on this forum.

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme

My settings are below:
In game:
100 AA
10 AAW
0 AS
0 AE
Exponential Ramp

Xim settings are
14hip sens with 6k DPI
no boost
no curve
steady aim ON
Latest firmware version
i think the reason there is so much confusion here is that we have 2 different goals.
Some of us want to have the highest accuracy and be in the best settings to do well and not miss shots. The other half of us want to emulate PC controls as close as possible. This is just me guessing but I have a feeling that line parallels with those of us that play PC and Console vs players that really only use the Xim and rarely play PC.

LESSON TO LEARN

1) If you want the best, smoothest aim that will get you the highest damage and accuracy then go Expo with 100% aim Assist. Official Overwatch ST with no curve or boost

2) If you play PC and have built muscle memory from games like CS:GO or Unreal then you go with Linear (IHMO with my settings) and 0 Aim Assist. You'll miss shots but you'll find your stats will be on par with PC.

Pick your poison but lets not confuse the 2, it should help clear up a bit on this forum.

Hey big ol bully! I want to try both ends of the spectrum, I used the basic vanilla linier ramp a couple nights ago it was copy and paste heaven, worked like a charm, but still didn't feel like my old Expo ramp love with 80 Aim assist.

I'm curious to see how your mountain curves work with 0 assists on for the PC feeling again.
I'd like to test them both out agaisnt lucio/ana bots 100 kills accuracy test.
do you have a copy pasta for your current go-to config now?
Bad sad Christmas.

A Big Ol Bully

My settings are below:
In game:
100 AA
10 AAW
0 AS
0 AE
Exponential Ramp

Xim settings are
14hip sens with 6k DPI
no boost
no curve
steady aim ON
Latest firmware version

LESSON TO LEARN

Hey big ol bully! I want to try both ends of the spectrum, I used the basic vanilla linear ramp a couple nights ago it was copy and paste heaven, worked like a charm, but still didn't feel like my old Expo ramp love with 80 Aim assist.

I'm curious to see how your mountain curves work with 0 assists on for the PC feeling again.
I'd like to test them both out agaisnt lucio/ana bots 100 kills accuracy test.
do you have a copy pasta for your current go-to config now?
All my configs are in my signature below.

Offline neat

• View Profile
Havent read every single post in here but my two cents are that Expo is still the best way to go if you want to get consistently better working on your muscle memory.

I've only had the XIM for about 5 months and only played OW for about 6-7 months, but since getting the XIM and playing with the recommended expo settings with slight adjustments i've peaked at 4350 sr last season, currently at 4k this season.

The XIM is really carrying my pc fps skills from my childhood to the PS4 now, so thank you to Od1n and mist and the rest of the team, you guys deserve more applauds! (Hopefully you are making decent money on the venture :) )

Offline BODiiES

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B_O_D_ii_E_S
honestly didn't know any of these changes was happening :o i just stuck to my same settings and didn't notice a thing.'
Maybe that could be a issue for people changing their settings so often not developing any muscle memory?
Mouse: Logitech G502/G900
Mouses pad: SteelSeries Hyper beast CS:GO pad
Keypad: Logitech G13
Headset: Logitech G933
Monitor: BenQ Zowie 27" RL2755
PS4 psn: B_O_D_ii_E_S Alt: Z_O_D_ii_A_C_
Overwatch and Fortnite (Feel free to add me)

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
honestly didn't know any of these changes was happening :o i just stuck to my same settings and didn't notice a thing.'
Maybe that could be a issue for people changing their settings so often not developing any muscle memory?

Nah, I think the people noticing changes were expo players. The change was rolled back according to Blizzard, so if they're being honest the change was live for 24 hours or less after the patch came out last week.

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pink Xim

Nah, I think the people noticing changes were expo players. The change was rolled back according to Blizzard, so if they're being honest the change was live for 24 hours or less after the patch came out last week.

I'm going to be honest, there's a weird feeling I get when I play overwatch since that patch and following hotfix. My hitscan seems to feel just off.... Just a little different and I can't put my finger on it. I changed 0 settings and aim ease is at 0.
Xbox One X
BenQ Monitor
Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse
Corsair K70 Strafe Keyboard

A Big Ol Bully

I'm going to be honest, there's a weird feeling I get when I play overwatch since that patch and following hotfix. My hitscan seems to feel just off.... Just a little different and I can't put my finger on it. I changed 0 settings and aim ease is at 0.
Agreed!
I think I may be done with OW myself. It's not fun learning a new aim technique every 2 weeks and I just don't like Expo. I guess Blizzard got what they wanted, the xim players leaving but I myself buy a $20 loot crate every time there's a new event, so joke's on them I guess.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome

I can relate, I'm a grown man with a college degree and I still  don't completely understand aim ease in.

Offline Renzed19

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: renzed19
Havent read every single post in here but my two cents are that Expo is still the best way to go if you want to get consistently better working on your muscle memory.

I've only had the XIM for about 5 months and only played OW for about 6-7 months, but since getting the XIM and playing with the recommended expo settings with slight adjustments i've peaked at 4350 sr last season, currently at 4k this season.

The XIM is really carrying my pc fps skills from my childhood to the PS4 now, so thank you to Od1n and mist and the rest of the team, you guys deserve more applauds! (Hopefully you are making decent money on the venture :) )

Yeah. I agreed to this. Ever since i switched to expo from linear im really enjoying xim right now. Big thanks for Od1n and mist for answering our questions. More power to you guys!