XIM Community

Has anyone tried xim4 on the destiny 2 pc beta  (Read 7396 times)

Offline king_bugsy

• View Profile
Has anyone tried xim4 on the destiny 2 pc beta
« on: 10:06 PM - 08/28/17 »
Just watched a few videos of people playing on pc with controller and the aim assist looks ridiculous, almost as strong as it is on console. I'm seeing controller players @#$% all over mkb players with pulses and shotties because it's so strong lol. Can anyone try it with xim4 and see how it plays? I only have a ps4 controller so I don't think it will work for me.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Has anyone tried xim4 on the destiny 2 pc beta
« Reply #1 on: 12:44 AM - 08/29/17 »
Destiny 2 on PC apparently supports both DS4 and XB1 controllers.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #2 on: 01:54 AM - 08/29/17 »
Yeah I've tried it for a few rounds and it works with a Xbox One controller.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
Mobo: Crosshair VIII
GPU: 3080Ti ftw3
RAM: Trident Z Royal DDR4 32GB
PSU: Thermaltake 850w
HDD: 2x 1TB WD Black, 250G 870 Samsung, 1TB WDCB
Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436 144hz

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:11 AM - 08/29/17 »
Aim Assist is destroying PC games, I hope devs are aware of it. Ive been having nightmares lately because of that.

Doom, Titanfall 2 and Black Ops 3 specifically is a paradise for controller users. They are everywhere and pretty much the only guys on the servers nowadays. The problem is not having Aim Assist for controllers, the problem is that the devs make it even stronger than console aim assist, because controller players are facing mouse users.

If is true that mouse provides more accuracy and movement, the ridiculous AA levels on controllers on the games I Mentioned act like an aimbot and you loose some gunfights if you are not at your 100% mouse aim skill. Wich is annoying on a PC game.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #4 on: 03:49 AM - 08/29/17 »
Aim Assist is destroying PC games, I hope devs are aware of it. Ive been having nightmares lately because of that.

Doom, Titanfall 2 and Black Ops 3 specifically is a paradise for controller users. They are everywhere and pretty much the only guys on the servers nowadays. The problem is not having Aim Assist for controllers, the problem is that the devs make it even stronger than console aim assist, because controller players are facing mouse users.

If is true that mouse provides more accuracy and movement, the ridiculous AA levels on controllers on the games I Mentioned act like an aimbot and you loose some gunfights if you are not at your 100% mouse aim skill. Wich is annoying on a PC game.

I agree 110% facing controller users in Gears of War 4 PC was a nightmare. Same goes for Destiny 2 PC.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | M: Superlight Pro | KB: Azeron Cyborg | Mouse Pad: Artisan | Audio: THX AAA 789 | Mic: Shure SM7B

Rig -

Offline Diehard22222

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:22 AM - 08/29/17 »
i think i may start using the xim 4 for the d2 pc beta. really feels like it would be cheating now since the aim assist seems like its been improved to give the console guys a more "fair" experience? anyone know what the chance of being banned are though? blizzard are pretty hefty on the bans

Offline vonZeppelin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:59 AM - 08/29/17 »
I find it hilarious that people complain about those who use mouse on consoles and the unfair advantage it gives. Now I'm seeing people complain about those who use a controller on PC...on a forum for a product that allows people to use a mouse on consoles none the less lmao.

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:14 PM - 08/29/17 »
It definitely works, but i went back to regular m&k after a couple games. I do think the aim assist us way too strong though

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 12:36 PM - 08/29/17 »
I find it hilarious that people complain about those who use mouse on consoles and the unfair advantage it gives. Now I'm seeing people complain about those who use a controller on PC...on a forum for a product that allows people to use a mouse on consoles none the less lmao.

The difference here is that, on consoles, everyone aims under the same rules and restrictions -- regardless of whether you are using a XIM or not. This is why I fundamentally don't believe XIM is cheating on console.

On PC, it's a different story -- mouse aim is unrestricted and unlimited (unlike on consoles). So, PC game makers are increasing aim assist for controllers to balance, which, I agree isn't a good solution. Simply, defining the level of this auto-aim is subjective and really arbitrary. So it doesn't surprise me that people are complaining.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline kan2terrorist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:07 PM - 08/29/17 »
It definitely works, but I went back to regular m&k after a couple games. I do think the aim assist us way too strong though
How did you get it to work? I've spent an hour trying to make it work. When I plug-in ps4 controller-- the ds4 works by itself but when I try it on XIM4 it doesn't work even though XIM4 have the same light activity which works flawlessly on ps4. I'm trying to use it as I just couldn't play WASD, I like the analog movement of the NAV. Is there anything I'm missing to set it up properly for DS4, NAV, LogitechG502? Thanks.
-----------
It's ok, I was able to play a few matches and it was awesome. I searched around and found that XB1 controller works better than DS4. Fortunately, I have one sitting around.
« Last Edit: 03:24 PM - 08/29/17 by kan2terrorist »

Offline duvatwo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:44 PM - 08/29/17 »
Which version of the firmware is this working under?  Assuming XIM latest to allow for it to be always on instead of when connected to a console.

Offline sYk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:38 PM - 08/29/17 »
I'll admit, you do feel the aim assist a bit more strongly than you do on a console, but I won't exaggerate it to the fact that it feels "snappy" or "aimbot" like, because I know exactly how that feels. I can see them maybe toning down the AA, but then again its bungie. I hardly doubt they really care.
« Last Edit: 02:53 PM - 08/29/17 by sYk »

Offline Diehard22222

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:19 PM - 08/29/17 »
It definitely works, but I went back to regular m&k after a couple games. I do think the aim assist us way too strong though
How did you get it to work? I've spent an hour trying to make it work. When I plug-in ps4 controller-- the ds4 works by itself but when I try it on XIM4 it doesn't work even though XIM4 have the same light activity which works flawlessly on ps4. I'm trying to use it as I just couldn't play WASD, I like the analog movement of the NAV. Is there anything I'm missing to set it up properly for DS4, NAV, LogitechG502? Thanks.

i tried the ps4 controller and it didnt work at all. tried my xbox elite controller and it worked fine.

the aim assist is stupid strong on pc beta. it absolutely feels like cheating when paired with mouse and keyboard through the xim. i hope bungie removes AA from D2 on pc just like blizzard did with overwatch.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #13 on: 04:10 PM - 08/29/17 »
We only make Xbox 360 controllers work through XIM4 on PC -- we use them to test XIM4s in the factory.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #14 on: 07:33 PM - 08/29/17 »
I got a XiM4 Destiny PC beta gameplay i'll upload tomorrow, it's op as fcuk boys lol. i dropped 35 kill easy.

Rig -