XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Need help  (Read 300 times)

Offline jofjof27

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Need help
« on: 12:19 PM - 08/10/17 »
Hello,

I bought a XIM4 for my PS4 Pro. I bought a Klim mouse. Iím awaiting the delivery of a Tartarus. So at this moment Iím using a Lenovo keyboard.
I connected everything (with the latest firmware), everything is recognized in the XimManager, and yet, only the pad is working. The XIM4 is red. I loaded the parameters for Battlefield 1 and nothingÖ It doesnít work.
I re-installed the Xim firmware, relaunched everything and the same problem persists.
I also already tried different cables, so I donít think thatís the problem either.
Any idea?
Help,
JOF
« Last Edit: 01:14 PM - 08/10/17 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: 12:28 PM - 08/10/17 »
hey,

this is most likely due to your xim requiring the firmware update for the playstation pro and its controller :)
here you have the firmware with instructions on how to install it
let us know if it works with it

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

if you xim already runs on this firmware, please ensure your controller is in wired mode
when you can eg detach it from your xim and the pad still works then this is a sign that the controller is in wireless mode which means the xim and its connected devices arent picked up by the console
always launch the console via the console start button itself and not with the controller :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline jofjof27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:48 PM - 08/10/17 »
Ok, but it's impossible to use the ps4 pad without bluetooth. Or can you tell me how?

Offline jofjof27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:51 PM - 08/10/17 »
and i have the last version of the firmware (with the update for ps4 pro)

Best regards

JOF

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:14 PM - 08/10/17 »
Please check the below, these answers will give us a better idea on the state of the issue.

1) Do you see a controller icon at the top of Manager's HUD screen?
2) Are you able to assign buttons to your mouse and keyboard or does it continue to say 'listening'?
3) What firmware version is listed in menu-about of Manager? This will start with 4.00. Thanks!
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:14 PM - 08/10/17 »
Ok, but it's impossible to use the ps4 pad without bluetooth. Or can you tell me how?

yes this is possible :)

1) shut down your console completely, no restmode
2) connect xim with all devices to the console
3) start the console with the console start button on the console itself, not with the controller
4) once the console has launched the controller should automatically activate with the xim in wired mode

if your controller doesnt activate then please exchange the cable between xim and controller
it has to be a data cable, if its a charging only cable then the xim cannot recognize the controller
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline jofjof27

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Need help
« Reply #6 on: 01:32 PM - 08/10/17 »
mist4fun

1) I see the controler on the Ximmanager screen
2) I cant asign buttons it keeps on saying "listening"
3) Firmware version: 4.00.20170103

Thanks for your help

JOF from Brussels

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:34 PM - 08/10/17 »
Thanks for confirming, the listening issue can be solved a few different ways. Try Odin's suggestions in order, each of one has been known to solve your issue.
« Last Edit: 01:38 PM - 08/10/17 by mist4fun »

Offline jofjof27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:07 PM - 08/10/17 »
To Odin:

OK, I tried your solution 3x, with 3 different cables between the pad and the XIM. Including the one delivered with the XIM, but the pad doesn't react at all...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:52 PM - 08/10/17 »
You performed a hard reset? It can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM4 then connect XIM4 to the console.

If the hard reset doesn't help the trying another data cable between XIM4 and console may help.

Can you confirm your devices are attached like this?

Port 1: mouse
Port 2: keyboard
Port 3: controller