XIM Community

AGE/SEX/LOCATION of Xim 1 / Xim 2 users / YEARS IN PC GAMING  (Read 6067 times)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Glenn37216
35 M
Nashville , TN
I 've been  Pc gaming since the days of good old Dos 3.1. My first console was the VCS  console back in '76 . At the age of 4 , parents thought it would teach me motor skills ...  ;D .  First computer was the TRS-80 Apple. I think it was the model II which was running a Microsoft operating system at the time ... Ahh those were fun times ...  :-\ :D

So what about you guys ?

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
32. Male. Torrance, CA USA
Pc gaming since 8088 got introduced, then later on played Wolf 3d (in Pascal programming class)

Been a long time.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline MrFresh

• Vigilo Confido
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrFresh KC

20 male. orlando FL USA(Im young :P)

Mainly been playing console games since the Sega Mega Drive aka Genesis my first game was Sonic the Hedgehog so i was 4 years old when i started playing video game. and while i didnt own my own PC in till last year i mainly play Counter Strike with my best bud for a few years with my parents EMACHINE (lol).

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
32 male Chicago Il

Started gaming on an atari 5200. Had a Commadore vic 20 and a Colecovision ADAM. My cousin had an Atari 800...first expirience with the internet!.

First PC was a Packard Bell Pentium 75 with windows 3.11

Consoles owned

Colecovision
Atari 2600
NES
Sega Genesis (and sega cd)
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Xbox
Xbox360
PS3

Started playing CS in 99 religously...hell I still play it from time to time...
« Last Edit: 02:10 PM - 06/10/08 by cameltoe »

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
32 Male. Washington, D.C.

Been playing vid games since I could walk probably: Wizardry, Ultima, Bard's Tale, M&M, several MMOs.  Wrote my first program at the age of 8 (DnD character generator) which my parents and friends used for generating, saving, printing, and updating their dnd characters when I was young.  I use to buy and read every DnD book I could get my hands on (and just got back into 4e)  Several consoles, but don't remember them all.  Fave games as a child were RPGs on the PC and sports/fighting games on consoles (SF, Tecmo Bowl, etc).

Did IT consulting for about 9 years.  Started a LAN PC/Gaming Center/Tech Support company about 3 years ago http://www.x30.com which is still going strong.  Went back to school after launching that company.  Now a junior at Univ Maryland, College Park studying comp sci.  President and Founder of SAVGARD (Students Assoc. for Video Game Awareness, Research, and Development) and we have about 50 members.  Most of us are working on an ambitious UT3 Total Conversion called Rift: The Reclamation Prophecy.  If any of you are modelers or animators, call me (we pay).  Plan on opening my own Game Studio in India when I graduate (my wife is Indian and we have some ties there).

Oh yeah, can't wait for XIM2 :)

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
I owned some of the Consoles that camel owned, minus/plus a few more.

Colecovision
Atari 2600
Intellivision
Vectrex (Now that's some old school stuff there!)
NES
SNES
Sega Master System
Sega 32x
Sega Saturn
Playstation
Xbox360

Computers, 286, 386,486 with TURBO (who wants to turn that off anyway?)
Comm 64. Atari Amiga (wierd, but cool PC)

Good stuff.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline ocmoho

• 0Wn3D W/XiM4!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SatoshiNakaMUTA
20/M/CO
played PC games since Starcraft was released and probably before that I cannot remember.
its funny cause I have played halo on the PC since the mulitplayer DEMO came out. That was fun...pistol.....
played console games since I was <2,  nintendo FTW.

Took some C++ courses lately and plan to get into some side job of coding.

Consoles owned:
NES
SNES
Genesis
Gameboy
Gba
PS1
pS2
360(now of course)
PSP
NeoGeo Pocket color
atari
xbox
N64

XIM Clan!
XBL: SatoshiNakaMUTA
____________________________________________________________1080P projector 120" wall|XbOne|PS4|Dual R9 290 4.5GHZ PC Rig

Offline blash

• View Profile
32 Male. Washington, D.C.

Started a LAN PC/Gaming Center/Tech Support company about 3 years ago http://www.x30.com which is still going strong. 

Daaamn man you started X30? I pass by that like every week near White Flint metro.... insta props here! :D

Anyways I'm 17 Male in a Washington DC suburb, moving on to the University of Southern California (yeah Los Angeles beotches :P) next year and will study either computer engineering/computer science/ computer science with a concentration in games. Been playing PC games since I was 11 with Age of Empires 2, but I sucked at it and I still suck at RTS's. Friend introduced me a year later to Jedi Outcast, my first FPS and soon after Halo and the rest is kinda history for me. I haven't owned much, a PC, gameboy color and advance, and now a 360 and that's about it.

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
glenn37216

Is that a surround sound chair? I examined it closely and it looks like one to me.

I did the same thing a while back, I had ALL the speakers (minus sub) on the chair via steel tubing and the fron center speaker was above my head pointing down via a adjustable metal tubing (like what they use on microphones).

Cool stuff.

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
22 Male Oregon

I've been gaming since I was 5 or so, I got into pc gaming when I was 11, then the 360 came out and I haven't went back.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
Consoles owned

Colecovision
Atari 2600
NES
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Xbox
Xbox360
PS3

Started playing CS in 99 religously...hell I still play it from time to time...

Finally someone else that has both a PS3 and XBOX 360.

BTW: Im in Arkansas live either by myself in my dorm(Hot Springs) or with my family in the ghetto(Pine Bluff).
I play every new(and some old) FPS/shooter on PC, XBOX 360, PS3. If its new or popular I play it. CS:S, Crysis(online), and GOW are my favorites because they are funny. So I guess I've played for about 3 years in PC gaming. I started on a $200 emachines(sucked!!!) which I tried to upgrade(failed) and bought the best computer I possibly could for gaming, and continuously upgrade it with whatever is new/good. And im a guy(SIR nub)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
glenn37216

Is that a surround sound chair? I examined it closely and it looks like one to me.

I did the same thing a while back, I had ALL the speakers (minus sub) on the chair via steel tubing and the fron center speaker was above my head pointing down via a adjustable metal tubing (like what they use on microphones).

Cool stuff.

It's a regular office chair with my rear speakers mounted on the back of my chair . Its KICK @#$%  in COD 4  .... I love quick turning on someone when they're trying to knife me from behind . Most are like .... @#$% .!!!  ;D  Here are some more pictures of it on EVGA .COM.    http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=227 ..The pc in there is my old one ... I haven't had the chance to post my new rig ..
   My desk looks a little different now . That picture is from sometime last year . My 360 and 24" Dell isn't shown . I've had that desk for almost 6 years... My wife keeps telling me to get rid of the thing because its too big ...  I guess I'm just too cheap to buy a newer one .
-Heh
« Last Edit: 07:24 PM - 06/10/08 by glenn37216 »

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
That picture is from sometime last year . My 360 and 24" Dell isn't shown . I've had that desk for almost 6 years... My wife keeps telling me to get rid of the thing because its too big ...  I guess I'm just too cheap to buy a newer one .
-Heh

Dude, dont throw it out if it still works. I wish for a comfortable desk badly right now. Mine gives me so much wrist pain because it is a contemporary showy high office desk. I cant wait to go back to my old one in my dorm. Just because its old doesnt mean you need to get rid of it. Like old people.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Glenn I love that chair, I have 5.1 surround and I've never though of doing something like that. Thanks for the inspiration I might put something together like that.

Do you have more pictures of the chair, or tips on how you mounted the speakers? I'm not sure if I can do much with mine, its leather.
« Last Edit: 09:15 PM - 06/10/08 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Good stuff. Oh man im soooooooooooo hyped to start testing X2, I can feel the blood escaping my skin. Oh yes, it's TEST TIME (soon).

Gamertag ii TR00F ii