XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 Registers controller as a mouse after factory resetting.  (Read 193 times)

Offline Dimension_Jester

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dimension_Jester
Yesterday my xim4 was working fine and a few moments later it quit registering my controls and showed my ps4 controller as a mouse, so i plugged it into my pc and factory reset it out of desperation cause i couldnt find out how to solve it, yet it still shows as being a mouse instead of a controller. Help me
« Last Edit: 03:54 PM - 08/02/17 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Usually when the controller displays as a mouse it's due to using an outdated firmware. Can you share the current firmware version number found in menu->about? It will start with 4.00. Thanks!

In the meantime, you could try a hard reset on the console, it can fix this issue sometimes. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM4 then connect XIM4 to the console. Does it work now?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Dimension_Jester

• View Profile
I checked if the firmware is up to date and its the latest version  :/ its also doing a breathing red led if that helps at all
« Last Edit: 01:05 PM - 08/02/17 by Dimension_Jester »

Offline Dimension_Jester

• View Profile
I fixed it i had to update with the new ps4 pro update even though i own a regular ps4 , im assuming the new controllers are all on a different software than the old ones, thanks for replying and helping ;)
« Last Edit: 01:12 PM - 08/02/17 by Dimension_Jester »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
yes you will need that firmware too if you use one of the newer controllers (slim/pro controllers) with the lightbar being part of the touchpad
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Admin