XIM Community

Overwatch xim4 Xbox one jittery aim.  (Read 1442 times)

Offline keeling93

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: thenutknocker
Overwatch xim4 Xbox one jittery aim.
« on: 02:45 PM - 07/29/17 »
So I have another problem with xim4 the aim is ridiculously jittery. Like 6 cups of coffee jittery. I've followed all the steps for the xim4 recommended and that was even worse. Tried trouble shooting it myself but theirs no fix. Someone who actually plays would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 03:20 PM - 07/29/17 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch xim4 Xbox one jittery aim.
« Reply #1 on: 02:48 PM - 07/29/17 »
Do you see purple flashing lights coming from XIM4?

Click the center of the game picture. The config name that appears at the top of the game picture should end in .4.

If the .4 is there then you're using the latest version of Overwatch support and would then need to use the in-game settings on this page. The Smart Translator expects these settings and if you're not using them things can feel very off.

http://xim.tech/settings
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline keeling93

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: thenutknocker
Re: [ACTIVE] Overwatch xim4 Xbox one jittery aim.
« Reply #2 on: 02:57 PM - 07/29/17 »
Yea I didn't want a moderators help, because of the response you just gave is not applicable. Please don't respond I want a community members help. Moderators just keep going back to the book and like a hundred other people have said which I've read in other threads doesn't help, because exponential ramp is terrible. And I'm using linear.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:04 PM - 07/29/17 »
It may be jittery because you're using in-game settings (linear) in a way that the ST does not expect. Using the wrong in-game settings will absolutely create the problem you are experiencing as each ST is unique to the game and the game settings. I recommend that you use the settings mentioned before.

If you're set on using the linear setting then you will need to use the crossover config at the top of the game list with the right amount of boost, not the Overwatch config. There is a thread in game support that goes over this.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=54887.0

I've moved your thread to game support where more people have a chance to help you.
« Last Edit: 04:08 PM - 07/29/17 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:13 PM - 07/29/17 »
Could you post your current settings? What ST your using? Boost method or curve method? Sensitivities, etc...
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:45 PM - 07/31/17 »
If you are running the regular Overwatch ST with Linear it will bug out, you have to create a new config in the console crossover ST and then use the correct settings found in this thread.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=54887.0

Offline grandroyal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:48 AM - 08/01/17 »
Yea I didn't want a moderators help, because of the response you just gave is not applicable. Please don't respond I want a community members help. Moderators just keep going back to the book and like a hundred other people have said which I've read in other threads doesn't help, because exponential ramp is terrible. And I'm using linear.

Then why are you creating a new thread and not just post in the corresponding linear OW thread where most of those community members that actually use the linear method post in ?

Admin