XIM Community

Nasty Audio Buzz Hum with Plasma TV  (Read 239 times)

Offline CampinJay

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SWAT Campin Jay
Nasty Audio Buzz Hum with Plasma TV
« on: 07:28 AM - 03/16/18 »
I'm getting a crazy hum in my audio channel.  Of course it's when the controller is attached to the xbox one via USB cable.  My headset is battery powered and gets *game* audio wirelessly, but for chat it is wired to the audio puck on that controller.

Complicating the issue perhaps is my older plasma television.  It has never induced hum in any of my wireless setups, but with three wired devices all fanned out in front of it I suspect there could be some EMF.  The buzz even changes with the screen content.

Now that I'm sitting here typing this it just dawned on me that I should have turned the television off to see if the buzz went away.

I bought a USB extension cable.  Law of inverse squares - maybe getting back away a little will help, or maybe I need to put in a power conditioner or something.  ??  Any advice is appreciated.
« Last Edit: 07:32 AM - 03/16/18 by CampinJay »

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
Re: Nasty Audio Buzz Hum with Plasma TV
« Reply #1 on: 03:11 PM - 03/22/18 »
I had a similar problem when I first got my xbox one, and tried connecting my headset from my 360 to it. It was a Turtle Beach  with a DSS2.
I managed to get it quiet by adding a Ground Loop Isolator inline; it required some adapters and was kind of unwieldy, but it worked. Eventually I got a new headset designed specifically for xbox one (a HyperX Cloud) and haven't had any problems or needed the isolator since.