XIM Community

Razer Mamba Wireless(latest model)  (Read 752 times)

Offline Xboxjunkie613

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XRazorSixFourX
Razer Mamba Wireless(latest model)
« on: 09:30 PM - 07/26/17 »
hi,  I apologize if my question has been answered elsewhere already as I have not been able to find an adequate response for what I'm curious about.  I have the logitech g900 currently and I live it however the ambidextrous design has led to longer gaming sessions to become uncomfortable and tiring because I have to utilize an unorthodox grip.  I want and need it to be wireless and I've become too accustomed to the 12000 DPI.  My alternatives are Razer lancehead or mamba and I loved the feeling if the mamba better.  I'm curious if the tilt, mouse,  and thumb buttons are usable with xim manager out if the box,  due to the lack of on board memory with the mamba.  Also is there a workaround to keeping the polling at 1000hz after I change it with razer synapse.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope someone is able to assist me with this inquiry.

Offline Bohne2312

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Razer Mamba Wireless(latest model)
« Reply #1 on: 09:29 PM - 07/27/17 »
Don't buy the Lancehead, read the Post from gunit here
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=55335.0

Yesterday my logitech g402 arrives, and it works great.
Maybe this is a alternativ for you.
Deutschsprachige  Discord Gruppe https://discord.gg/FE5wRCk
(Wir wachsen täglich ein klein wenig weiter)

Offline Xboxjunkie613

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:04 AM - 07/28/17 »
I was looking at that or the g703. I currently have the g900 and love it except I find it to become uncomfortable as I have to employ an unorthodox grip which is part fingertip and part claw due to my currently line of work and my physical restrictions from being a disabled veteran.  The mamba felt amazing in my hand and with the g403/703 the deal breaker is not having tilt buttons for the mouse wheel because I use those for reload/swap weapon because I play with the nav 😖😖😖

Offline The-Wigg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:20 PM - 07/31/17 »
The Mamba is a laser sensor right?  I bought a Mamba TE sometime back and found out the hard way that laser sensors and the xim DO NOT get along.  Only go for OPTICAL sensors.

Offline dragowulf

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: suckmah9l0ck
« Reply #4 on: 05:37 AM - 08/01/17 »
The Mamba is a laser sensor right?  I bought a Mamba TE sometime back and found out the hard way that laser sensors and the xim DO NOT get along.  Only go for OPTICAL sensors.
I have a Logitech g900 and I'm pretty sure it has a laser sensor. Works just fine.

Offline Bohne2312

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:36 AM - 08/01/17 »
I have a Logitech g900 and I'm pretty sure it has a laser sensor. Works just fine.

Nope, it is the PMW3366 - > OPTiCAL
Deutschsprachige  Discord Gruppe https://discord.gg/FE5wRCk
(Wir wachsen täglich ein klein wenig weiter)

Offline Xboxjunkie613

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:56 PM - 08/01/17 »
I have the g900 & g502 but since I don't play at a desk I prefer the wireless feature if the g900. However the ergonomics or the ambidextrous design leave me getting fatigued after long gaming sessions.  I was considering the mamba because after doing research I found that laser sensors perform equally to optical sensors when used in conjunction with a hard mouse pad and I have the g440.

Offline The-Wigg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:53 PM - 08/03/17 »
I have the g900 & g502 but since I don't play at a desk I prefer the wireless feature if the g900. However the ergonomics or the ambidextrous design leave me getting fatigued after long gaming sessions.  I was considering the mamba because after doing research I found that laser sensors perform equally to optical sensors when used in conjunction with a hard mouse pad and I have the g440.
I did a little research after my previous post further up.  So apparently the laser sensor on the wired Razer Mamba Tournament Edition that i bought a year or so ago and trashed has an extremely flawed sensor.  I can not for the life of me find the model sensor it uses.  I do not know if the new mamba's use a newer one, but i would advise doing some hard digging if anyone really wants the Mamba.  It's a shame though, the Mamba is a very nice feeling mouse if you palm grip.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #8 on: 05:31 PM - 08/03/17 »
Also is there a workaround to keeping the polling at 1000hz after I change it with razer synapse.

Yes there is a work around for this. it's called SandHawC.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: fianlnouse Cape Town UL2 | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Audio/Mic: GoXLR | PC Mic: Shure SM7B | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Admin