DESTINY 2 / BETA  (Read 8276 times)

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Re: DESTINY 2 / BETA
« Reply #15 on: 08:01 AM - 07/20/17 »
So... I really don't know whats going on. Many people are saying their D1 profiles feel great and/or the same in this D2 beta. That is not my experience. The look mechanic is not at all the same. The D2 deadzone is a bit smaller and somewhat of a different shape, and the max turn speed is dramatically faster. Also, the ratio between HIP turn speed and ADS turn speed is not the same as D1.

Seriously guys... are we playing the same beta?

Go up to a piece of static map geometry and try to draw a slow perfect circle against it. You can't do it. The D1 and D2 deadzones are not the same. Make sure your in game sensitivity is maxed, then start jacking up your XIM sensitivity. You'll be doing 2in 180's in no time.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #16 on: 02:06 PM - 07/20/17 »
I agree with Tuff. The look mechanic has been meaningfully changed. The deadzone shape is for sure different and there is a difference in look speed and acceleration.

The D1 profile works well enough to tolerate for a beta, but it feels pretty loosey goosey. This game is definitely going to benefit substantially from a new ST.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06:21 PM - 07/20/17 »
I agree with Tuff. The look mechanic has been meaningfully changed. The deadzone shape is for sure different and there is a difference in look speed and acceleration.

The D1 profile works well enough to tolerate for a beta, but it feels pretty loosey goosey. This game is definitely going to benefit substantially from a new ST.

I feel like after an ST is made for D2 it will feel like Overwatch before the turn speed patches. Seems like it may be significantly better than D1 for aiming but we will have to wait and see.

Offline DrBloom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01:18 AM - 07/21/17 »
I have recently moved from PC to PS4, got a Pro and a Xim4 setup with my Ducky Keyboard and Logitech G502. Picked up overwatch pretty much straight away with the setup from the app (with a slight Sensitivity change), almost at Master now and ive only played a little on PC (maybe like 30 hrs or less). With that said I find D2 extremely frustrating to play, well the beta at least I cant speak for the final product.

I am not sure exactly what it is but I am getting outplayed left and right, not so much movement or placement based but just gunning. I am running the rifle that reminds me of the Halo BR (can't check right now and ive forgotten the name, Night something I think), I am pretty much landing headshots and still getting outgunned at range by SMG's and Assault Rifles which doesn't seem right to me, definitely something I am not used too coming from PC.

Is it just AA which is messing with my head or something else, I have no idea, any advice would be great as I have pretty much got a console just to setup for D2 as I have mates who played 1 and want to play 2. As a competitive person getting this frustrated early on isn't the best start.

PS. I forgot to add I use to play a lot of Halo and did extremely well which is why this is just throwing me left field because even with a controller I feel as though I could do better, but I have been doing so well in other games with KBM

Offline Diehard22222

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:16 AM - 07/21/17 »
I agree with tuff too. its not the same as d1. im using RML's latest anti aim assist curve but it stills feel a bit off. should feel a lot better once a new destiny 2 profile is made during release. however, in pve the aiming feels on point. its just pvp that feels weird.

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:34 AM - 07/21/17 »
I have recently moved from PC to PS4, got a Pro and a Xim4 setup with my Ducky Keyboard and Logitech G502. Picked up overwatch pretty much straight away with the setup from the app (with a slight Sensitivity change), almost at Master now and ive only played a little on PC (maybe like 30 hrs or less). With that said I find D2 extremely frustrating to play, well the beta at least I cant speak for the final product.

I am not sure exactly what it is but I am getting outplayed left and right, not so much movement or placement based but just gunning. I am running the rifle that reminds me of the Halo BR (can't check right now and ive forgotten the name, Night something I think), I am pretty much landing headshots and still getting outgunned at range by SMG's and Assault Rifles which doesn't seem right to me, definitely something I am not used too coming from PC.

Is it just AA which is messing with my head or something else, I have no idea, any advice would be great as I have pretty much got a console just to setup for D2 as I have mates who played 1 and want to play 2. As a competitive person getting this frustrated early on isn't the best start.

PS. I forgot to add I use to play a lot of Halo and did extremely well which is why this is just throwing me left field because even with a controller I feel as though I could do better, but I have been doing so well in other games with KBM

If you're actually landing headshots (so you can see their health bar going down a lot from each shot your landing on them) but still dying first then you should check out your gear stats.  The three stats (Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery) seem to make a HUGE difference in this game.  You might have equipped too much mobility and have a really low number for Resilience which is the stat that determines how much health you have.  You can press triangle while hovering over a piece of gear and then swap traits around to change the stats. 

I've tried 3 different builds and with all mobility and hardly any resilience I was losing every 1v1.  But with a high resilience build I was easily winning 1v2s. 
XIM Apex | XSX | PS5 | G303 Shroud Edition | PS Nav | JDS Atom DAC⇢Subjective3⇢Atom Amp⇢SHP9500

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:41 AM - 07/21/17 »
I agree with tuff too. its not the same as d1. im using RML's latest anti aim assist curve but it stills feel a bit off. should feel a lot better once a new destiny 2 profile is made during release. however, in pve the aiming feels on point. its just pvp that feels weird.

I only spent a couple of hrs. with the Beta last night, but IMO you're spot on! My destiny setup worked really well in PvE but PvP just felt strange. A couple of things stood out to me right away. The dead zone has slightly changed, turn speed does seem a little faster then D1 and the AA seems stronger, especially for PvP. I also felt like maybe there was some kind of ADS delay thing going on. However, it was probably just the strong AA messing with my aim as I was transitioning.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #22 on: 09:22 AM - 07/21/17 »
The AA is almost definitely stronger, at least on hand cannons. I noticed immediately that my hand cannon was getting stuck on the edge of the AA bubble with my D1 setup. I've been using thepr0's new hand cannon curve and been doing well with it. It's kind of like a more aggressive version of DrLupo's curve which I've been using in D1 for the last few months.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=55243.0

DrBloom, Destiny doesn't work that well "out of the box" with XIM.  Most people, myself included, use hip and ADS curves to compensate for slow turn speeds and strong AA. XIM can work great with Destiny, you just have to tweak.  You never stop tweaking, really.  I consider XIM is a sub-hobby, and playing Destiny w/ XIM is a sub-sub-hobby.

Offline pwoznic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:29 PM - 07/21/17 »
I'm looking forward to trying the beta tonight. I was never crazy about mouse/kb D1. If it's worse in D2 then I will just buy it for PC and enjoy 60fps. I think that the BF games work fine with the Xim though. Halo always sucked with the Xim but Halo 5 is not that bad and I wonder if the 60fps has anything to do with it.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:35 AM - 07/22/17 »
finally got in a couple hrs of Destiny 2 multi in the beta. Setup I'm really liking right now is my AAA curve set, 4000 dpi, hip 23 and Ads 12.5 - tracks targets and breaks AA at multiple ranges including close quarters. And if you're using my Destiny setup remove all boost from Hip and Sprint and lower Sprint sens to 45.

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:05 AM - 07/22/17 »
I am using the destiny config and im trying to figure out how to set up the aim while you hold sprint. Whenever i hold sprint my aim goes much slower and i would like it to not change. Anyone know how i can fix it?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:31 AM - 07/22/17 »
Doesn't the game mechanic immediately stop sprint as soon as you ADS? I'm not sure what you're requesting here. You would not want to hold the sprint button while trying to ADS, it would be counter productive. You cannot activate Two subs at the same time.

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:00 AM - 07/22/17 »
I'm sure many of us are wondering that.
From what I've seen, the XIM support won't officially come until after the final official game release.
The best we can do is try using another game's ST and find one that works ok.

How about you guys measure the response curve and use the cross-controller config with a compensating curve as ballistic curve? That's like 3 hours of work but when that many people want a 1:1 experience maybe it's worth it...

Offline NesQuik

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:57 AM - 07/22/17 »
Doesn't the game mechanic immediately stop sprint as soon as you ADS? I'm not sure what you're requesting here. You would not want to hold the sprint button while trying to ADS, it would be counter productive. You cannot activate Two subs at the same time.

No ads. My mouse movement feels much slower on sprint compared which is really weird. Must be some kind of setting that i need to adjust, just dont know which one. Dont get why it slows down while sprinting. Takes 2 feet to make a turn.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #29 on: 01:40 PM - 07/22/17 »

No ads. My mouse movement feels much slower on sprint compared which is really weird. Must be some kind of setting that i need to adjust, just dont know which one. Dont get why it slows down while sprinting. Takes 2 feet to make a turn.

It's a Destiny mechanic.  Turn speed lowers while sprinting.  XIM can get around  this mechanic though.  Create a sprint profile and bind the activation to your sprint button (or other button of choice).  jack up the sensitivity in your sprint profile to like triple that of your hip sensitivity. You can turn fast while sprinting, or just hold the button to do a fast turn whenever.