XIM Community

A Few Overwatch Settings Questions  (Read 671 times)

Offline Peepthisplay

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Peepthisplay
A Few Overwatch Settings Questions
« on: 04:27 AM - 07/17/17 »
I understand there are a hundred threads relating to this post, but I can't seem to find a recent thread to answer a couple questions.

My Xim came in the mail a few days ago and it's working absolutely great. I am still playing around with the settings. I was wondering for characters in Overwatch such as Soldier, Tracer, McCree... what are the common settings in Overwatch and on XIM? I heard since Aim Smoothing came out, you could have your Aim Assist at 95-100 now? Some tutorials say to turn Aim Smoothing to 0, whereas others say to keep Aim Assist at 95 and Smoothing at 50? Some tutorials say you no longer need a ballistic curve since Aim Smoothing came out, along with recent firmware and game updates.. is that true? Is steady Aim used on the XIM settings? Should boost be at 0 or 500, like some people say? I would like to hear the consensus on the common settings people use to make the most out of their XIM4 on Overwatch (in particular characters like Soldier, Tracer, McCree).

Aim Assist:
Aim Smoothing:
Boost:
Steady Aim: On/Off?
Ballistic Curver: Needed/Not Needed?

Anything other suggestions would be great. Thanks. Sorry for a redundant post.

Offline goaty

• View Profile
Re: A Few Overwatch Settings Questions
« Reply #1 on: 04:57 AM - 07/17/17 »
basically there are two common setup

one setup using the normal ST and the in game aim setting Exponential

other setup uses Linear aim setting in game with the console crossover st (there is big thread on this)

I prefer the first (exponential ramp) with
Aim assist: 100
Aim smoothing: 0
Aim assist window size: 0
Boost: 0
No curve
No steady aim